Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Villain The Foe

Dolphins sign Jay Cutler to 1 year 10 million dollars. lmao

Recommended Posts

nyjunc    8,394
4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Joe Namath was not overrated by any stretch.  If he played with today's rules he would put up record numbers.  

yeah, he couldn't stay healthy w/ defensive lineman the size of WRs today but he'd be fine w/ 300 lb athletic men crashing down on him.

 

he played in the era he played and had a mediocre career, injuries played a major role but those are the breaks.  Durability counts and he was damaged goods when we drafted him.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
JetsFanatic    1,514
3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

yeah, he couldn't stay healthy w/ defensive lineman the size of WRs today but he'd be fine w/ 300 lb athletic men crashing down on him.

 

he played in the era he played and had a mediocre career, injuries played a major role but those are the breaks.  Durability counts and he was damaged goods when we drafted him.

I was old enough to see him play, and quite frankly I'm not wasting my time arguing about Namath's greatness with you.  Believe what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jet Nut    4,560
5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

yeah, he couldn't stay healthy w/ defensive lineman the size of WRs today but he'd be fine w/ 300 lb athletic men crashing down on him.

 

he played in the era he played and had a mediocre career, injuries played a major role but those are the breaks.  Durability counts and he was damaged goods when we drafted him.

Offensive lineman who werent allowed to use their hands.  Who couldnt extend their arms.  Namath was battered and destroyed by jealous defensive players at a time where it was allowed.  Hit multiple times a game that would draw suspensions today

Just like the dbs were allowed to clutch, grab and maul WRs compared to today where you cant breath on a WR.  

Modern medicine would have kept Namath upright today.  He had a slight tear that required full invasive surgery in his day, would have been scoped today

You lack basic understanding of the game and times he played in and again should take yourself out of the conversation if youre going to make these kinds of comments.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JetsFanatic    1,514
5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Offensive lineman who werent allowed to use their hands.  Who couldnt extend their arms.  Namath was battered and destroyed by jealous defensive players at a time where it was allowed.  Hit multiple times a game that would draw suspensions today

Just like the dbs were allowed to clutch, grab and maul WRs compared to today where you cant breath on a WR.  

Modern medicine would have kept Namath upright today.  He had a slight tear that required full invasive surgery in his day, would have been scoped today

You lack basic understanding of the game and times he played in and again should take yourself out of the conversation if youre going to make these kinds of comments.

Don't waste your time. I'm not sure of your age, but fans like me that were old enough and fortunate enough to watch him play appreciate his talent and what he did for the Jets. He is why I'm a Jets fan, I idolized him as a kid. 

 As a matter of fact, Jet detractors in those days used to say we were nothing without Namath, and they probably weren't to far off. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dcat    2,951
11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

yeah, he couldn't stay healthy w/ defensive lineman the size of WRs today but he'd be fine w/ 300 lb athletic men crashing down on him.

 

he played in the era he played and had a mediocre career, injuries played a major role but those are the breaks.  Durability counts and he was damaged goods when we drafted him.

fantastic display of abject ignorance about the game back then.  Wow.  Any degree of credibility you might have once had.... *poof* just like that... gone

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jet Nut    4,560
3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Don't waste your time. I'm not sure of your age, but fans like me that were old enough and fortunate enough to watch him play appreciate his talent and what he did for the Jets.  As a matter of fact Jet detractors in those days used to say we were nothing without Namath, and they probably weren't to far off. 

Totally agree with this.  I watched Namath, hes the reason I watch football and one of the main reasons I root for the Jets.  

Anyone who wants to make the argument that Namath had it easier because of the size of the DL never watched the game.  It was a brutal game back in the 60s for  QB.  Namath was one of the all time toughest football players in the history of this league.  

Madden is one of those who says namath was one of the all time bests who carried his team and league on his back, was a tough SOB

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bitonti    36,751

Jets fans have no right to bash the Dolphins for their QB situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nyjunc    8,394
10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I was old enough to see him play, and quite frankly I'm not wasting my time arguing about Namath's greatness with you.  Believe what you want.

I know, you had to see him play.  I never saw babe Ruth play but somehow I know he was great but I just had to watch Joe throw INts to determine his greatness.

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Offensive lineman who werent allowed to use their hands.  Who couldnt extend their arms.  Namath was battered and destroyed by jealous defensive players at a time where it was allowed.  Hit multiple times a game that would draw suspensions today

Just like the dbs were allowed to clutch, grab and maul WRs compared to today where you cant breath on a WR.  

Modern medicine would have kept Namath upright today.  He had a slight tear that required full invasive surgery in his day, would have been scoped today

You lack basic understanding of the game and times he played in and again should take yourself out of the conversation if youre going to make these kinds of comments.

if Joe was hit today the way he was in his career he'd be dead b/c the players are so much bigger, stronger and faster.

I compare Joe to his peers and he doesn't stack up. you guys are trying to rewrite history, he can't play in this era.  he played in the pass happy AFL era where he was an INT machine and held the Jets back in their glory years of the last 60s.

 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

fantastic display of abject ignorance about the game back then.  Wow.  Any degree of credibility you might have once had.... *poof* just like that... gone

yes, Joe was just the bestest!  did you know he threw for over 4,000 yds in just 14 games?! did you also know that he threw away the Jets season in that year? Joe had a mediocre career, he was a media superstar but his play on the field did not match that level for very long.  he had flashes of greatness but not consistent greatness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nyjunc    8,394
6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Totally agree with this.  I watched Namath, hes the reason I watch football and one of the main reasons I root for the Jets.  

Anyone who wants to make the argument that Namath had it easier because of the size of the DL never watched the game.  It was a brutal game back in the 60s for  QB.  Namath was one of the all time toughest football players in the history of this league.  

Madden is one of those who says namath was one of the all time bests who carried his team and league on his back, was a tough SOB

Please try reading, I didn't say Joe had it easier.  I was responding to the silly notion he'd dominate today b/c of the rules changes, he'd get hit HARDER today by bigger, stronger, faster players.  the one advantage he'd have is modern medicine so maybe he could have stayed healthy longer but who knows?  all we can judge him on is against his era and he had a mediocre career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nyjunc    8,394
10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Don't waste your time. I'm not sure of your age, but fans like me that were old enough and fortunate enough to watch him play appreciate his talent and what he did for the Jets. He is why I'm a Jets fan, I idolized him as a kid. 

 As a matter of fact, Jet detractors in those days used to say we were nothing without Namath, and they probably weren't to far off. 

the Jets were nothing WITH Namath in the 70s.  in the great late 60s he cost the Jets a div title in 1967, was costing them in 1968 until they scaled back the pass O to limit his INTs. 

I get it, he was probably your hero as a kid but we grow up and can see things clearer as adults.  I loved Ken O'Brien as a kid but as I grew up and better understood the game I realized he was nowhere near as good as I thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dcat    2,951
2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the Jets were nothing WITH Namath in the 70s.  in the great late 60s he cost the Jets a div title in 1967, was costing them in 1968 until they scaled back the pass O to limit his INTs. 

I get it, he was probably your hero as a kid but we grow up and can see things clearer as adults.  I loved Ken O'Brien as a kid but as I grew up and better understood the game I realized he was nowhere near as good as I thought.

you just proved my point. Abject ignorance about the game then.  And Kenny O had a great, accurate arm.  But his footwork and mobility was so bad that it undermined his positive skills.  He wasn't a very good decision maker either when under pressure, which was all the time partially because of the OL and mostly because of himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nyjunc    8,394
Just now, Dcat said:

you just proved my point. Abject ignorance about the game then.  And Keeny O had a great, accurate arm.  His footwork and mobility was so bad that it undermined his positive skills.  

1967-1969 were our glory years, the AFL East was a joke. the 2 years we won it the 2nd place team was a .500 team, the one year we lost Joe threw it away.

1967:

lost the East division by 1 game to Houston, we tied Houston 28-28.  had we won we win the division on tiebreakers.  what did Joe do in that 28-28 tie you ask? He thtrew SIX Interceptions(yes SIX) including 2 returned for TDs.  our D allowed 7 points and we tied the game 28-28.

let's put that game aside, bad games happen.  

after 10 games we were 7-2-1, Houston was 6-3-1.  we had 4 games to go and were looking good.  the next 3 games Houston went 2-1 and we went 0-3.  In those 3 games Joe threw 6 TDs and NINE Ints.

at Den: lost 33-24, were trailing 33-3 and Joe threw 3 TDs in garbage time. overall Joe threw 3 TDs and 4 INTs

at KC lost 21-7, Joe threw 0 TDs and 2 INts including a pick 6.

vs. oak lost 38-29.  Joe threw 3 TDs and 3 INTs padding stats w/ 2 more garbage time TDs.  

we headed into the final weekend trailing by a game, we needed Houston to lose on saturday then win on Sunday.   well Hoston won making our final game meaningless so what does the great Joe do at San Diego? 4 TDs, 0 INts in big win.  

 

but he threw for over 4,000 yards!!!!!!(along w/ 28 INTs)

 

In 1968(the SB season) in the first 5 games Joe threw the ball 172 times(34.4 per game) and threw 12 INts as the Jets were 3-2 losing to 1-12-1 Buffalo and 5-9 denver as Joe threw TEN INTs in the 2 games. the final 9 games?  Joe threw the ball 208 times in 9 games(23.1 per game) and he threw 5 INts the rest of the year and they only lost one more game(the one game they lost he threw it 37 times).

 

but yeah Joe was the greatest. we were nothing w/o him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dcat    2,951
5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

1967-1969 were our glory years, the AFL East was a joke. the 2 years we won it the 2nd place team was a .500 team, the one year we lost Joe threw it away.

1967:

lost the East division by 1 game to Houston, we tied Houston 28-28.  had we won we win the division on tiebreakers.  what did Joe do in that 28-28 tie you ask? He thtrew SIX Interceptions(yes SIX) including 2 returned for TDs.  our D allowed 7 points and we tied the game 28-28.

let's put that game aside, bad games happen.  

after 10 games we were 7-2-1, Houston was 6-3-1.  we had 4 games to go and were looking good.  the next 3 games Houston went 2-1 and we went 0-3.  In those 3 games Joe threw 6 TDs and NINE Ints.

at Den: lost 33-24, were trailing 33-3 and Joe threw 3 TDs in garbage time. overall Joe threw 3 TDs and 4 INTs

at KC lost 21-7, Joe threw 0 TDs and 2 INts including a pick 6.

vs. oak lost 38-29.  Joe threw 3 TDs and 3 INTs padding stats w/ 2 more garbage time TDs.  

we headed into the final weekend trailing by a game, we needed Houston to lose on saturday then win on Sunday.   well Hoston won making our final game meaningless so what does the great Joe do at San Diego? 4 TDs, 0 INts in big win.  

 

but he threw for over 4,000 yards!!!!!!(along w/ 28 INTs)

 

In 1968(the SB season) in the first 5 games Joe threw the ball 172 times(34.4 per game) and threw 12 INts as the Jets were 3-2 losing to 1-12-1 Buffalo and 5-9 denver as Joe threw TEN INTs in the 2 games. the final 9 games?  Joe threw the ball 208 times in 9 games(23.1 per game) and he threw 5 INts the rest of the year and they only lost one more game(the one game they lost he threw it 37 times).

 

but yeah Joe was the greatest. we were nothing w/o him.

again you prove my point.  Stats from then are not comparable to stats today.  The game has been designed to promote production, yards and points.  Defenses have their hands tied compared to then.  The second you start in with stats from then, you make it patently obvious that you have no clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nyjunc    8,394
3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

again you prove my point.  Stats from then are not comparable to stats today.  The game has been designed to promote production, yards and points.  Defenses have their hands tied compared to then.  The second you start in with stats from then, you make it patently obvious that you have no clue.

please explain where I compared stats of his era to today?

and you do know in order to attract fans the AFL made the game wide open to help pass offenses, right?

 

I get it, you don't have an argument other than you wore Joe underoos as a kid but it would be more fun if you at least tried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jet Nut    4,560
36 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I know, you had to see him play.  I never saw babe Ruth play but somehow I know he was great but I just had to watch Joe throw INts to determine his greatness.

if Joe was hit today the way he was in his career he'd be dead b/c the players are so much bigger, stronger and faster.

I compare Joe to his peers and he doesn't stack up. you guys are trying to rewrite history, he can't play in this era.  he played in the pass happy AFL era where he was an INT machine and held the Jets back in their glory years of the last 60s.

 

yes, Joe was just the bestest!  did you know he threw for over 4,000 yds in just 14 games?! did you also know that he threw away the Jets season in that year? Joe had a mediocre career, he was a media superstar but his play on the field did not match that level for very long.  he had flashes of greatness but not consistent greatness. 

As i said your ill equipped to talk about 60s football if you think getting hit,by what it illegal today, by a Raiders DL is easier than getting let down by a DL today.  Today where you aren't allowed to drive a QB down.  You show your lack of knowledge right in this one statement so clearly.  

The bigger question is why you are so hell bent on disparaging one of the leagues and Jets all time legend into a mediocre QB.  is it to prove that you know better or do you save it for the ridiculous argument that Sanchez is anywhere near the comparison to Namath talk that you've tried to sell to deaf ears

Its no wonder that you were the laughingstock of the FinsHeaven forum.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dcat    2,951
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

As i said your ill equipped to talk about 60s football if you think getting hit,by what it illegal today, by a Raiders DL is easier than getting let down by a DL today.  Today where you aren't allowed to drive a QB down.  You show your lack of knowledge right in this one statement so clearly.  

The bigger question is why you are so hell bent on disparaging one of the leagues and Jets all time legend into a mediocre QB.  is it to prove that you know better or do you save it for the ridiculous argument that Sanchez is anywhere near the comparison to Namath talk that you've tried to sell to deaf ears

he's done this before.  He likes to run his own agenda up any flagpole he can find sometimes notwithstanding what the original conversation was about.  Plus he's wrong almost all the time to boot.  Funny.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JetsFanatic    1,514
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

As i said your ill equipped to talk about 60s football if you think getting hit,by what it illegal today, by a Raiders DL is easier than getting let down by a DL today.  Today where you aren't allowed to drive a QB down.  You show your lack of knowledge right in this one statement so clearly.  

The bigger question is why you are so hell bent on disparaging one of the leagues and Jets all time legend into a mediocre QB.  is it to prove that you know better or do you save it for the ridiculous argument that Sanchez is anywhere near the comparison to Namath talk that you've tried to sell to deaf ears

You have more energy than me! Bravo.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nyjunc    8,394
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

As i said your ill equipped to talk about 60s football if you think getting hit,by what it illegal today, by a Raiders DL is easier than getting let down by a DL today.  Today where you aren't allowed to drive a QB down.  You show your lack of knowledge right in this one statement so clearly.  

The bigger question is why you are so hell bent on disparaging one of the leagues and Jets all time legend into a mediocre QB.  is it to prove that you know better or do you save it for the ridiculous argument that Sanchez is anywhere near the comparison to Namath talk that you've tried to sell to deaf ears

Its no wonder that you were the laughingstock of the FinsHeaven forum.  

I hate to have to discuss Namath honestly, it sucks but I am honest.  it's people that struggle to read that have issues w/ my posts or act like I call Mark great.

laughingstock? I was one of the best posters there for many, many years.  they had new ownership that just wanted homers and the place changed. it used to be a great site.

 

instead of bashing me why don't you just take notes and learn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nyjunc    8,394
3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

he's done this before.  He likes to run his own agenda up any flagpole he can find sometimes notwithstanding what the original conversation was about.  Plus he's wrong almost all the time to boot.  Funny.

 

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

You have more energy than me! Bravo.

You guys really have posted quite compelling arguments.  that's a heck of an argument telling me how great Joe was w/ nothing to back it up.  Nice job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jet Nut    4,560
4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I hate to have to discuss Namath honestly, it sucks but I am honest.  it's people that struggle to read that have issues w/ my posts or act like I call Mark great.

laughingstock? I was one of the best posters there for many, many years.  they had new ownership that just wanted homers and the place changed. it used to be a great site.

 

instead of bashing me why don't you just take notes and learn?

Youre not honest, you just dont have a clue.  Sad but true.

You were a clown on a Fish board.  Like the Pats trolls we had here.  Pat yourself on the back, you were mocked repeatedly by one of the dumbest fanbases in the league.  

There is nothing to learn from a so called Jets fan how bashes Namath and praises Sanchez.  One is an all time HOF and the other an all time bum of a QB

Take notes, from you, LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jet Nut    4,560
2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

 

You guys really have posted quite compelling arguments.  that's a heck of an argument telling me how great Joe was w/ nothing to back it up.  Nice job!

You're incapable of discussing.  You think Joe was helped by smaller Dl, you don't know the game.  Its simple

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dcat    2,951
1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

 

You guys really have posted quite compelling arguments.  that's a heck of an argument telling me how great Joe was w/ nothing to back it up.  Nice job!

LOL..  translation:  "I, nyjunc, bring nothing to the table worth debating".  Nice try.  And this is all off-topic anyway.  Yet another derailed thread by you.  Your M.O. through the years.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JetsFanatic    1,514
5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

 

You guys really have posted quite compelling arguments.  that's a heck of an argument telling me how great Joe was w/ nothing to back it up.  Nice job!

Argue? You can't have an argument with one who is so ignorant on a subject.

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nyjunc    8,394
7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You're incapable of discussing.  You think Joe was helped by smaller Dl, you don't know the game.  Its simple

there you go again w/ your lack of reading comprehension.  you making things up doesn't help your weak arguments.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL..  translation:  "I, nyjunc, bring nothing to the table worth debating".  Nice try.  And this is all off-topic anyway.  Yet another derailed thread by you.  Your M.O. through the years.

yes that is it.  I provide actual evidence while you guys just tell me Joe was the greatest but I have nothing.

Thanks for being a fan, I have no clue who you are.

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Argue? You can't have an argument with one who is so ignorant on a subject.

 

 

if I am so ignorant it should be easy to show where I am wrong.  Please do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jet Nut    4,560
Just now, nyjunc said:

there you go again w/ your lack of reading comprehension.  you making things up doesn't help your weak arguments.

yes that is it.  I provide actual evidence while you guys just tell me Joe was the greatest but I have nothing.

Thanks for being a fan, I have no clue who you are.

if I am so ignorant it should be easy to show where I am wrong.  Please do.

Its a waste of time, for years youve been proven wrong.  Just this thread and you foolish OL-DL point made you wrong and you keep coming back.  No one ever agrees with you and you come back for more.  Youre a broken record who is never right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thadude    877

Hackenberg, the supposed jets savior, went 3-11 passing Friday and fumbled the ball on a simulated sack by Mauldin

 

Ya cannot make this S up!

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nyjunc    8,394
Just now, Jet Nut said:

Its a waste of time, for years youve been proven wrong.  Just this thread and you foolish OL-DL point made you wrong and you keep coming back.  No one ever agrees with you and you come back for more.  Youre a broken record who is never right

please have someone read my posts about the lines to explain it to you since you don't seem to grasp it.

instead of hurling childish insults how about you counter my arguments? or at least try, obviously you have nothing or you would post it but humor me by trying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jet Nut    4,560
Just now, nyjunc said:

please have someone read my posts about the lines to explain it to you since you don't seem to grasp it.

instead of hurling childish insults how about you counter my arguments? or at least try, obviously you have nothing or you would post it but humor me by trying.

You dont understand the game.  

Im not insulting anyone. Telling me that Namath was a mediocre QB or that 4,000 yards in 14 games was nothing and the reason for missing the playoffs with in 67 is insulting to our intelligence.  Especially when you point to this nonsense as the reason youre smarter than others.  When the opposite is true.  

I grasp the line talk.  That you didnt know the OL couldnt use its hands or extend their arms to pass defense is on you, not me.  Or about size.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nyjunc    8,394
7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You dont understand the game.  

Im not insulting anyone. Telling me that Namath was a mediocre QB or that 4,000 yards in 14 games was nothing and the reason for missing the playoffs with in 67 is insulting to our intelligence.  Especially when you point to this nonsense as the reason youre smarter than others.  When the opposite is true.  

I grasp the line talk.  That you didnt know the OL couldnt use its hands or extend their arms to pass defense is on you, not me.  Or about size.  

you don't understand the game, you are impressed by meaningless #s.  4,000 yards is great but when it comes w/ all those INTs and throw away a season what does it mean?  I understand QBs threw more INts back in those days.  That doesn't give Joe a license to throw away a season and it wasn't a coincidence that when he started doing that in 1968 that they adjusted the offense.

again, please have an adult read my posts to you and explain them b/c obviously you are a child that cannot read. you embarrass yourself more and more w/ each post.  you grasp on to some made up line and I guess that may impress the Joe fans but people that understand the game won;'t fall for it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×