Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Villain The Foe

Dolphins sign Jay Cutler to 1 year 10 million dollars. lmao

Recommended Posts

Jay Cutler agrees to terms with Dolphins; Ryan Tannehill must nurse torn ACL

BY ARMANDO SALGUERO

asalguero@miamiherald.com

AUGUST 06, 2017 2:05 PM

Jay Cutler is the Miami Dolphins new starting quarterback and the reason the team needs him is because regular starter Ryan Tannehill suffered ACL damage to his left knee during practice last week.

Cutler on Sunday agreed to a one-year deal worth $10 million plus incentives, per a league source. As $5 million of that is base salary and another $5 million is a roster bonus, it strongly suggests the Dolphins expect him to be the starter ahead of Matt Moore.

Moore, who helped the team to the playoffs at the end of 2016, is paid like an NFL backup. He’s making $1.75 million this season and is costing the team $2.15 million against the cap.

The price for Cutler is modest for an NFL starting QB so the Dolphins front office in a sense made the best of a difficult situation.

Adam Gase, Miami Dolphins coach, talks to the media about his conversation with quarterback Jay Cutler. The Dolphins might consider searching for a quarterback after Ryan Tannehill injured his leg at training camp.

Charles Trainor, Jr. Miami Herald Staff
 

The Dolphins made a strong push for Cutler — Adam Gase, who coached Cutler in Chicago, convinced him to come out of retirement and postpone a fledgling broadcasting career -- because the team knows it is going to be without Tannehill for quite some time and almost certainly until next year.

That’s because Tannehill has a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee -- again -- and although it is not yet decided whether that injury will be repaired via surgery or addressed with treatment, he will be out a long time.

Tannehill, 29, suffered a similar injury to the same knee last December and at that time the decision between the quarterback and his doctor, and the Dolphins and their doctor was to treat the ligament rather than replace it.

The treatment, which included stem cell treatments, was the unorthodox path and led to serious questions about the approach because most athletes who tear their ACL have surgery.

That was not, however, an issue until Thursday when Tannehill sustained a new partial tear to the same ligament.

Prior to Thursday's injury the Dolphins and Tannehill were confident the knee would not be any more prone to another ACL injury than if surgery had been done after the first injury.

Indeed, a source said an exam of Tannehill's knee just prior to the opening of training camp showed the treated left knee was stronger and in better shape than the right knee that had not suffered any injury.

But all that was lost during practice Thursday when Tannehill scrambled right out of the pocket, ran up the sideline, planted awkwardly on the left knee before going out of bounds, and fell to the ground with the most recent tear.

The brace that was meant to help stabilize Tannehill's knee did not prevent this injury.

Tannehill spent the past several days consulting multiple medical experts with the hope of perhaps undergoing rehabilitation to the knee rather than submit to surgery. No final decision has been made, per a source.

RELATED STORIES FROM MIAMI HERALD

Miami Dolphins have already reached out to Jay Cutler

 

The reasons the Miami Dolphins feel they must add a quarterback

 

Ryan Tannehill MRI results: Dolphins QB not out of the woods

 

Tannehill injury part of a terrible week but soon comes a time for Dolphins to rally

 

Miami Dolphins’ Tannehill to miss ‘significant’ time

The more likely decision is surgery because, according to a source close to Cutler, he didn’t want to come to the Dolphins unless it was clear he would not be somehow stepping into a situation where Tannehill might return this season. And Cutler got those assurances, the source said.

The reason Cutler was Miami’s choice over all other available quarterbacks is because of his and Gase’s familiarity. The two worked together with the Chicago Bears in 2015. Gase was Cutler’s offensive coordinator and helped the player enjoy one of his more solid seasons.

Cutler threw 21 TD passes and 11 interceptions in ‘15 and posted a career-best 92.3 quarterback rating. Perhaps more importantly, Gase helped rehabilitate Cutler -- raising him from a sulking, unhappy turnover-ridden player to one who seemed to enjoying playing again and had the respect of most of his teammates.

Follow Armando Salguero on Twitter: @ArmandoSalguero

 

 

I'd like to end this with my favorite youtuber that speaks about the NFL and just so happens to be a bears fan and has experience with Jay Cutler. This is just classic! lol. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Jay Cutler agrees to terms with Dolphins; Ryan Tannehill must nurse torn ACL

BY ARMANDO SALGUERO

asalguero@miamiherald.com

AUGUST 06, 2017 2:05 PM

Jay Cutler is the Miami Dolphins new starting quarterback and the reason the team needs him is because regular starter Ryan Tannehill suffered ACL damage to his left knee during practice last week.

Cutler on Sunday agreed to a one-year deal worth $10 million plus incentives, per a league source. As $5 million of that is base salary and another $5 million is a roster bonus, it strongly suggests the Dolphins expect him to be the starter ahead of Matt Moore.

Moore, who helped the team to the playoffs at the end of 2016, is paid like an NFL backup. He’s making $1.75 million this season and is costing the team $2.15 million against the cap.

The price for Cutler is modest for an NFL starting QB so the Dolphins front office in a sense made the best of a difficult situation.

Adam Gase, Miami Dolphins coach, talks to the media about his conversation with quarterback Jay Cutler. The Dolphins might consider searching for a quarterback after Ryan Tannehill injured his leg at training camp.

Charles Trainor, Jr. Miami Herald Staff
 

The Dolphins made a strong push for Cutler — Adam Gase, who coached Cutler in Chicago, convinced him to come out of retirement and postpone a fledgling broadcasting career -- because the team knows it is going to be without Tannehill for quite some time and almost certainly until next year.

That’s because Tannehill has a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee -- again -- and although it is not yet decided whether that injury will be repaired via surgery or addressed with treatment, he will be out a long time.

Tannehill, 29, suffered a similar injury to the same knee last December and at that time the decision between the quarterback and his doctor, and the Dolphins and their doctor was to treat the ligament rather than replace it.

The treatment, which included stem cell treatments, was the unorthodox path and led to serious questions about the approach because most athletes who tear their ACL have surgery.

That was not, however, an issue until Thursday when Tannehill sustained a new partial tear to the same ligament.

Prior to Thursday's injury the Dolphins and Tannehill were confident the knee would not be any more prone to another ACL injury than if surgery had been done after the first injury.

Indeed, a source said an exam of Tannehill's knee just prior to the opening of training camp showed the treated left knee was stronger and in better shape than the right knee that had not suffered any injury.

But all that was lost during practice Thursday when Tannehill scrambled right out of the pocket, ran up the sideline, planted awkwardly on the left knee before going out of bounds, and fell to the ground with the most recent tear.

The brace that was meant to help stabilize Tannehill's knee did not prevent this injury.

Tannehill spent the past several days consulting multiple medical experts with the hope of perhaps undergoing rehabilitation to the knee rather than submit to surgery. No final decision has been made, per a source.

RELATED STORIES FROM MIAMI HERALD

Miami Dolphins have already reached out to Jay Cutler

 

The reasons the Miami Dolphins feel they must add a quarterback

 

Ryan Tannehill MRI results: Dolphins QB not out of the woods

 

Tannehill injury part of a terrible week but soon comes a time for Dolphins to rally

 

Miami Dolphins’ Tannehill to miss ‘significant’ time

The more likely decision is surgery because, according to a source close to Cutler, he didn’t want to come to the Dolphins unless it was clear he would not be somehow stepping into a situation where Tannehill might return this season. And Cutler got those assurances, the source said.

The reason Cutler was Miami’s choice over all other available quarterbacks is because of his and Gase’s familiarity. The two worked together with the Chicago Bears in 2015. Gase was Cutler’s offensive coordinator and helped the player enjoy one of his more solid seasons.

Cutler threw 21 TD passes and 11 interceptions in ‘15 and posted a career-best 92.3 quarterback rating. Perhaps more importantly, Gase helped rehabilitate Cutler -- raising him from a sulking, unhappy turnover-ridden player to one who seemed to enjoying playing again and had the respect of most of his teammates.

Follow Armando Salguero on Twitter: @ArmandoSalguero

 

 

I'd like to end this with my favorite youtuber that speaks about the NFL and just so happens to be a bears fan and has experience with Jay Cutler. This is just classic! lol. 

 

 

Dude needs to change his calendar from July to August.  Lost all credibility when I saw that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Makes sense for Miami.  It won't change their outcome.  That is a 7-9 team with Tanne, or Cutler.

 

Does Miami really think they have a chance at competing with the Pats this year? Suh putting 2 non lazy years together?

Yea, ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Cue the false outrage from ESPN over Kaepernick not being signed in 3...2...1...

Cutler didn't read " charm school for dummies" for no reason this off season. You know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how much the Giants were asking for Geno. They must have wanted a 1st round pick, In sure the fish would have preferred Geno, the franchise QB in the making. Maybe the 1st was too much? Or was it a 1st and a 2nd? Who knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

I wonder how much the Giants were asking for Geno. They must have wanted a 1st round pick, In sure the fish would have preferred Geno, the franchise QB in the making. Maybe the 1st was too much? Or was it a 1st and a 2nd? Who knows

Is Geno available?  Too bad sh*tzpatrick signed with TB he should have held out he could be starting in Baltimore or Miami. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jay Cutler's wife 

Image result for jay cutler's wife

Josh McCown's wife 

Image result for josh mccowns wife

 

Prefer Cutler's.  I've always liked her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Does Miami really think they have a chance at competing with the Pats this year? Suh putting 2 non lazy years together?

Yea, ok.

When the top team in the division is relying on a 40 year old QB, nothing is a lock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Is Geno available?  Too bad sh*tzpatrick signed with TB he should have held out he could be starting in Baltimore or Miami. 

I doubt Geno is available. The Giants know what a gem they got, and its very unlikely they will let him go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Cue the false outrage from ESPN over Kaepernick not being signed in 3...2...1...

If they want to keep thier job they better act outraged even though we now they aren't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

She's an anti-vaxxing idiot.  The two morons are perfect for each other.

A hot chick with an uninformed opinion?  What a shocker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Different page, but Macc paying Fitz 12 should not be overlooked. 

The Jets Front Office are a good bunch of likeable guys.  But I think they are done. It's not all their fault.  They had help.  Unless Woody changes his way of operating, we will get the same result with whomever he replaces Macc and Bowles with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Cutler had his best season under Gase.  I think people are underrating this move.  Dolphins just got upgraded at QB.  They have the best OL they have had in years, strong run game with Ajayi, Landry might see less balls but Parker, Stills and Julius Thomas will all get major upgrades due to a better QB.  I know a lot of people just defer to LOL Cutler but I think this might be a good marriage. Cutler was best under Gase, only throwing 11 INTs that year.  Tannehill might not get his job back if they make a crazy wildcard run.

My thoughts exactly. Dolphins might have upgraded at QB considering the Gase-Cutler history. Cutler had his best year under Gase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, varjet said:

Unless Woody changes his way of operating, we will get the same result with whomever he replaces Macc and Bowles with.

Unless he hires educated proven football minded people and not the usual weak cheap bastards he's been hiring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Unless he hires educated proven football minded people and not the usual weak cheap bastards he's been hiring. 

We have seen this movie.  They are going to be awful this year.  The fans will start with the paper bags and get worse.  All in the USA's largest media market.  It will kill ratings for the league generally.  Kraft and Jones will call Goodell and ask him to fix it.  Goodell will log onto this site and understand the problems.   He will speak to Woody and Chris, and they then will hire real people for 4x what Woody is paying now for a FO.

The Jets will then get much better, be competitive and the fans will be gleeful.  Then Woody will start figuring out how he can save money, and the team will get crappy again.

At least we are not the Dolphins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×