Enough's enough; we need to sign a WR for 2017

Paradis

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Sometimes you make some really good points.  Other times, like the above, you say some really thoughtless things.

The Jets were a relatively good team when they did that. Absolutely nothing to gain now by trading draft picks to add anyone to this abysmal roster.

But they made a difference, were WRs you can pick up late that can contribute.  Not talking about how good they will be just that given what we have at the position and that we might be playing a young QB a WR can help. 

Just now, nyjunc said:

that's a good idea and then we'll have another potential hall of famer to give us good publicity like those former great Jets Jason taylor and Ladainian Tomlinson this past weekend:lol:

Why change the way this organization runs its business in the NFL.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Has anyone pinned the blame for this squarely on John Idzik because he drafted Shaq Evans once?

Yes.

Idzik, in his infinite wisdom and crusade to save money, downgraded Florham Park's water purification system, and now all the extra lead in the water has given everyone brain damage.

Thanks, Idzik.

Dude, that's a load of sh*t. Have you ever played organized sports before? Doesn't work like that. I understand the point you're trying to make, and within reason it's sensible. Underline within reason. We've crossed that threshold. What happens if all three junior quarterbacks decide to stay in school? There's a lot more moving parts here than your acknowledging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he was being sarcastic

Sent From My Perch Above the SOJF's

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Yes.

Idzik, in his infinite wisdom and crusade to save money, downgraded Florham Park's water purification system, and now all the extra lead in the water has given everyone brain damage.

Thanks, Idzik.

Im pretty sure Florham Park was built on the old Exxon research grounds FYI 

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

This guy is still only 28.

Unsigned Free Agent WR

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports free agent Percy Harvin is retiring "for real this time."
"He's done," Harvin's rep said. Harvin made it 23 days last season before his migraines returned. Harvin is a special talent whose body just won't cooperate. Stunningly, Harvin is still only 28 years old, but his career is all but over. Mar 14 - 5:38 PM

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Has anyone pinned the blame for this squarely on John Idzik because he drafted Shaq Evans once?

I showed up to this thread for that very point. Eveything is John Idzik's fault.

A monkey slinging it's poop at a Mel Kiper magazine would draft better than John Idzik

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

This is ridiculous. Minus the Bears' castoff Wilson, our entire collective WR corps has 100 receptions, total... in their careers. I get the #1 pick quest, but we still have a responsibility to play pro-football for a season. GM still has to field a team.

I can't be the only one who feels we need to consider bringing in some long-in-talent types who've struggled elsewhere. At least kick the tires. 

They have plenty of WRs on the roster you craze 

37 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im pretty sure Florham Park was built on the old Exxon research grounds FYI 

It took many years of environmental clean up to get the former Exxon property suitable for commercial development. The Jets were one of the 1st to build on the cleaned up toxic zone. Now there are office buildings going up all around there. BASF is there as well as many more. The land was contaminated by Exxon but purportedly, it's safe now. The most toxic things there now are the Jets roster, coaches and GM.

If the plan is to keep Petty and hack holding a clipboard while McCown stinks it up then McCagg should go to jail.

If the plan is to try to develop Hack or Petty without a decent left tackle and no experienced NFL wide outs to throw to then McCagg should just go to the nut house

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

We have no ******* straws!

Im appalled. I mean, we have 2 whole players left on our roster from 2013 and 2014 drafts. How many teams can say that? Most teams would hope to get lucky and have 1, but 2 from those drafts? Damn, Maccagnan really f'd up not having a super bowl roster given that gift he received.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Dude, that's a load of sh*t. Have you ever played organized sports before? Doesn't work like that. I understand the point you're trying to make, and within reason it's sensible. Underline within reason. We've crossed that threshold. What happens if all three junior quarterbacks decide to stay in school? There's a lot more moving parts here than your acknowledging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't have been more sarcastic about the defense part.

But yeah I don't see the point in spending anymore cap space on this wasted season.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Do you think the Bills jumped the Jets on Boldin?

No, I don't think so. I think it was just a coincidence. I say that since both teams were thin at the WR postion up until the Bills made this move. Don't get me wrong I know we were worse off then them since the start and since the Jets only proven receiver was Enunwa. Since they lost him I'm really hoping to see Chris Harper and ArDarius Stewart step up, and have a solid season.

I don't know. If Hack plays I think that it is OK if we go with the receiving corps we have. Since they are all young, they will grow together, and also to be effective Hack will need to scan the field and throw to open guy. No safety blanket to force it to every time. If you think about it, kind of worked for Kurt Warner. Could work out well long term for Hack. If McClown starts well than all hope is lost for this franchise under Mac and Bowles.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Your hearts in the right place, but you're missing my point.

What I'm NOT saying:

1. Trade for a WR
  2. Invest any $$ into worn out vets
  3. We need to win games and we need to get WRs to accomplish that
  4. As if signing a couple high ceiling WRs is going to change our chances of getting a QB in 2018 draft... seriously dude.

What I am saying:

1. We have to field a real team 
  2. We could stand see if any developmental projects stick on the roster past 2017
  3. The defense is going to be like "fck you..." if they spend 80% of the game on the field because the Jets intentionally avoided fielding any semblance of competency,
  4. Why would you play for a franchise that rolls pilons. You don't think the lockerroom will cave? 
  5. We have nothing to lose by bringing in Eric Rogers, Riggie Diggs, DGB, Marquez North, 

I see what you did there. (DGB) :)

19 hours ago, Paradis said:

Your hearts in the right place, but you're missing my point.

What I'm NOT saying:

1. Trade for a WR
  2. Invest any $$ into worn out vets
  3. We need to win games and we need to get WRs to accomplish that
  4. As if signing a couple high ceiling WRs is going to change our chances of getting a QB in 2018 draft... seriously dude.

What I am saying:

1. We have to field a real team 
  2. We could stand see if any developmental projects stick on the roster past 2017
  3. The defense is going to be like "fck you..." if they spend 80% of the game on the field because the Jets intentionally avoided fielding any semblance of competency,
  4. Why would you play for a franchise that rolls pilons. You don't think the lockerroom will cave? 
  5. We have nothing to lose by bringing in Eric Rogers, Riggie Diggs, DGB, Marquez North, 

You kill the spirit of a team when players realize they have been deliberately put into a position for a humiliating season. A 1-15, 0-16 season.  

Football is a physical-emotional high intensity experience out there on that field. And I'm most concerned with those warriors Jets...who are playing

their hearts out like it was the Alamo...ending up going down with serious injuries.  A veteran presence, even past his prime, can help especially among

this young receiving core, to better cope and handle themselves both on and off the field, through what will be an embarrassing  losing season.  You

need more then a coaching staff to coach young players...you need veteran mentors too.    

Archived