Enough's enough; we need to sign a WR for 2017

Paradis

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

You kill the spirit of a team when players realize they have been deliberately put into a position for a humiliating season. A 1-15, 0-16 season.  

Football is a physical-emotional high intensity experience out there on that field. And I'm most concerned with those warriors Jets...who are playing

their hearts out like it was the Alamo...ending up going down with serious injuries.  A veteran presence, even past his prime, can help especially among

this young receiving core, to better cope and handle themselves both on and off the field, through what will be an embarrassing  losing season.  You

need more then a coaching staff to coach young players...you need veteran mentors too.    

Players are paid (very well) to have spirit.

1 minute ago, peebag said:

Players are paid (very well) to have spirit.

Well...most 1st - 2nd year players don't cope with epic losing seasons as well as a 7-10 year veteran would.  You've survived in the game that long

you probably have experienced it all.   I'm more concerned about serious injuries among the warrior Jets, that you want to maintain and move on with

in the future. Not the ones who should be weeded off the team.  

I hope I'm wrong...but I sense this could be a year of not only epic losing. But also epic injuries too.  Planing to lose like this is also the kind of stimulus

that can bring on a rash of serious injuries to a young team too.  Again... I hope this is not the case.     

19 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

If the plan is to keep Petty and hack holding a clipboard while McCown stinks it up then McCagg should go to jail.

If the plan is to try to develop Hack or Petty without a decent left tackle and no experienced NFL wide outs to throw to then McCagg should just go to the nut house

No offense but which decent left tackle is available and how many experienced, productive wide outs are also available?

Hopefully players are let loose or become available as camp cuts start

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No offense but which decent left tackle is available and how many experienced, productive wide outs are also available?

Hopefully players are let loose or become available as camp cuts start

No offense either but we can start by them having kept Decker and then instead of going safety safety  with 1st 2 picks why not go safety then  OL????

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

No offense either but we can start by them having kept Decker and then instead of going safety safety  with 1st 2 picks why not go safety then  OL????

Why replace Golchrist with 1st round pick when u can also use the 2nd for that too?

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

I bash Maccagnan as much as the next guy, but taking an o-lineman at 39 would probably have been a pretty huge reach.  The next o-line off the board was Pocic at 58.  The first tackle taken after Maye was Garcia by the Pats at 85.  

There were plenty of pass rushers, WRs, RBs and some CBs that may have made sense.

31 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I bash Maccagnan as much as the next guy, but taking an o-lineman at 39 would probably have been a pretty huge reach.  The next o-line off the board was Pocic at 58.  The first tackle taken after Maye was Garcia by the Pats at 85.  

There were plenty of pass rushers, WRs, RBs and some CBs that may have made sense.

And even then I'd argue the only value pick available was Dalvin Cook. I don't love the Maye pick but to pretend that there was a plethora of talent passed on to take Maye isn't correct. 

And even then I'd argue the only value pick available was Dalvin Cook. I don't love the Maye pick but to pretend that there was a plethora of talent passed on to take Maye isn't correct. 

Dalvin tho....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic, but whatever.

The Pats just got their own plane, so I looked back to when the Jets did a while back.  Found this story.  Seems so long ago.  (Rex deserves so much more credit.)

A Boston paper discussing the 1st place Jets, beating Denver and potentially winning the superbowl...

http://archive.boston.com/travel/blog/2010/10/jetblue_unveils.html

JetBlue unveils special 'Jets' plane

Posted by Eric Wilbur, Boston.com Staff  October 18, 2010 08:46 AM

jet.jpg

Imagine you're at Logan waiting for a flight when suddenly, you see this outside the window at the gate. It's enough to make even the most hardened frequent flyer coil back in fear.

This is the new jet that the New York Jets flew to Denver over the weekend, where the AFC East leaders defeated the Broncos yesterday, 24-20. JetBlue unveiled the ghastly Airbus A320last week, the airline's first fully-branded aircraft.

"We are looking forward to not only seeing our Jets jet in the skies around the New York region, but across the country and around the globe," Jets CEO Woody Johnson said in a statement.

Yeah, that'll be swell. As part of its partnership with the Jets, the airline will refund certain flight purchases if the team wins Super Bowl XLV. I wonder if Patriots fans will have the option not to be refunded for the simple matter of it will be a painful reminder of Jets glory.  

In other JetBlue news, the airline announced today it has become the official airline of the TD Garden. Great. Now, can we get something in black and gold to combat this monstrosity?

His interviews must have been awful for him to fall that far.

Meanwhile, he's the best thing since sliced bread over in Minnesota. Mike Zimmer - crustiest bastard in the game loves him....

But hey, dat interview yo.

On 8/7/2017 at 4:11 PM, Paradis said:

This is ridiculous. Minus the Bears' castoff Wilson, our entire collective WR corps has 100 receptions, total... in their careers. I get the #1 pick quest, but we still have a responsibility to play pro-football for a season. GM still has to field a team.

I can't be the only one who feels we need to consider bringing in some long-in-talent types who've struggled elsewhere. At least kick the tires. 

Nope. We really don't.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Meanwhile, he's the best thing since sliced bread over in Minnesota. Mike Zimmer - crustiest bastard in the game loves him....

But hey, dat interview yo.

Cook's bitter ex-agent slandered him and made up stories about him showing up to interviews with tequila breath

Suspended WR Jalin Marshall is currently listed as the No. 2 on the Jets' depth chart.

It's an indictment of the Jets' absurd lack of depth following Quincy Enunwa's (neck) season-ending injury. Second-year UDFA Robby Anderson is the No. 1. Rookie ArDarius Stewart, Charone Peake and perhaps Marquess Wilson will jockey for No. 2 status in Marshall's absence.

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports the Jets see third-round WR ArDarius Stewart as "the rookie most likely to contribute."

With Quincy Enunwa (neck) done for the season, the Jets are beyond desperate for help at receiver. Stewart appears more likely than fourth-rounder Chad Hansen to step into the void, but neither has shown particularly well so far in camp. The Jets undoubtedly would like to see what their young players can do in a lost season, but they might be forced to bring in a veteran or two at final cuts.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports the Jets see third-round WR ArDarius Stewart as "the rookie most likely to contribute."

With Quincy Enunwa (neck) done for the season, the Jets are beyond desperate for help at receiver. Stewart appears more likely than fourth-rounder Chad Hansen to step into the void, but neither has shown particularly well so far in camp. The Jets undoubtedly would like to see what their young players can do in a lost season, but they might be forced to bring in a veteran or two at final cuts.

Wow Charon Peake must be absolutely killing it

Jets prepare for life with Robby Anderson as No. 1 wide receiver after Quincy Enunwa injury 

Robby Anderson believes he's improved considerably since last season.

Robby Anderson believes he's improved considerably since last season.

(SETH WENIG/AP)

Robby Anderson is now a No. 1 receiver. He has 42 career receptions. This is the new reality at One Jets Drive.

Gang Green trudged forward into the post-Quincy Enunwa era Tuesday afternoon in Florham Park. Enunwa landed on injured reserve Monday with a neck injury he sustained during a seven-on-seven drill in Saturday's Green and White scrimmage at MetLife Stadium. He's expected to miss the entire season.

The announcement was a crushing blow for a young wide receiver group that relied on Enunwa as a veteran leader and mentor - even though Enunwa himself would be classified as inexperienced on most other NFL rosters.

"Overwhelming," second-year man Jalin Marshall said of the mood in the Jets receivers' room. "It's something that you don't prepare for, a guy going down. So I guess you just got to prepare to be next up and be ready. I think Quincy has done a great job this whole offseason of getting us ready, prepared as a leader of our group to go out there and play. What he's done for us will have us ready."

Jets WR Quincy Enunwa suffers neck injury during practice

Marshall, though, is suspended for the first four games of 2017 because of a violation of the league's PED policy. His absence will add only more pressure to players like Anderson, who the Jets acquired as an undrafted free agent just more than a year ago.

Anderson believes he's improved considerably since last season.

"I feel like I have more understanding for the game. I have experience under my belt," Anderson said. "Last year I was just kind of running round. Things have slowed down a lot."

Anderson and Marquess Wilson (56 career catches) are the only two Jets receivers with more than 20 career catches. The Jets signed Wilson in June.

Jets WR Quincy Enunwa expected out for season with neck injury

"Things happen," Anderson said. "People have to step up. It's not a challenge, it's an opportunity."

In this spring's draft, the Jets spent third and fourth round picks on receivers ArDarius Stewart and Chad Hansen, respectively. Those selections take on greater meaning in the aftermath of Enunwa's injury.

Gang Green has no choice but to trudge forward into the post-Quincy Enunwa era.

Gang Green has no choice but to trudge forward into the post-Quincy Enunwa era.

(HOWARD SIMMONS/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)

"I was shocked, losing a leader like that on our team," Stewart said of Enunwa. "(I was) talking to guys earlier on in the week about how much we looked up to him and got information from him. Seeing that, it really hurt the receiving room a lot, having him out."

Todd Bowles was adamant that the thin receiving unit will not hinder Christian Hackenberg's development.

Jets rookie safety Marcus Maye has had eye-opening training camp

"The receivers have nothing to do with the quarterbacks," he said. "They all have to play."

DEPTH CHART REVEAL

The Jets released their first unofficial depth chart of training camp Tuesday, and Hackenberg was listed as the third-string quarterback.

But don't fret: Bowles said he had no part in writing up the depth chart. That was the task of the public relations staff. In reality, based on rep distribution, Hackenberg is the No. 2 QB right now behind Josh McCown.

"They get their time this year to put that stuff up there," Bowles said of the Jets' PR team. "So I'm happy for them."

Hackenberg not getting fair chance to win Jets QB 'competition'

INJURY REPORT

Matt Forte (hamstring), Bilal Powell (neck) and Lorenzo Mauldin (back) all didn't practice Tuesday.

Cornerback Xavier Coleman suffered a "deep bone bruise" in Saturday's scrimmage, according to Bowles. …DL Steve McLendon delivered a fiery speech during Tuesday's practice to motivate players after a sluggish start.

Todd Bowles really said this...................WOW the day they fire this guy cant come soon enough. 

Todd Bowles was adamant that the thin receiving unit will not hinder Christian Hackenberg's development.

"The receivers have nothing to do with the quarterbacks," he said. "They all have to play."

8 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Once again, where's the LT?  And Decker?  How many games did he play a year ago?  He is gone because he cost too much given what he gave us.  

This is ridiculous. Minus the Bears' castoff Wilson, our entire collective WR corps has 100 receptions, total... in their careers. I get the #1 pick quest, but we still have a responsibility to play pro-football for a season. GM still has to field a team.

I can't be the only one who feels we need to consider bringing in some long-in-talent types who've struggled elsewhere. At least kick the tires. 

Where are the 100 catches even coming from?  Robby Anderson, Jalin Marshall and Charone Peake couldn't possibly have added up to 100.  Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen are rookies.  Did Lucky Whitehead have some receptions?  Who am I missing here?

Why would anybody choose to be angsty in the face of this NO hope season...just let go.

theres nothing that can be done now to change the fate of the 2017 NYJ.  Hunker down, hibernate your emotions and reason to resurface next season. Don't worry about the feelings of the "team" - it's gonna be ugly no matter what. Don't play anyone over the age of 25 and don't pay a red cent more to anyone that you have to at this point.

relax- ships going down already, turn on some tunes and don't fight it

I agree with you and came up with an idea for Mac to bring in Calvin Johnson for a visit. Read my post today.

Could always try to work something out with Philly for Jordan Matthews. Maybe Richardson in a little my contract year misfit for yours deal. 

Not sure if money or need on Philly's end is doable. Think Richardson is more talented and DL depth is always useful, but Richardson is also higher paid and has off field concerns. Doesn't perfectly offset but I think it's close enough that a little draft pick adjustment here or there should be fine.

I personally am fine with putting the young receivers in a sink or swim situation this year and bolstering next offseason as necessary though.

25 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Why tho? What's wrong with pursuing that path? What's the draw back versus the obvious upside

This isn't Madden 2017.

We have an entire roster of young WR prospects and draft picks.

Given what this team is, there is no reason to spent any future assets now.

Stockpile picks and cap space. Spend later. Don't make hysterical moves now for what is a. Lear-cut full first year of rebuild.

Archived