Sheldon takes bait, hammers Brandon Marshall

T0mShane

https://articles.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/08/sheldon_richardson_rips_brandon_marshall_for_drama.amp

In an interview with The Michael Kay Show, the 

Jets defensive end ripped Marshall for his "drama queen-ish" ways after losses, and accused him of "quitting" on the Jets before the 2016 season was over.

Here were Richardson's full remarks:

"Guys didn't address the situation at hand that needed to be addressed to him because of who he was as far as media perspective wise, and how guys kinda carried him on the team a little bit.

"That whole situation was sticky because we lose and he did little things that were drama queenish. Dogging out this guy, that guy. It's everybody's fault except his. And there's a reason this, a reason that, and everybody pointing the finger when you losing, and then no one wants to say something to him. Then I say something to him, and I'm the criminal, the bad guy, and the media just ran with it.

That man knows what he did to the locker room a little bit. And I was the one who addressed that. And still will address it to this day. So if he can't come out to the media and tell them what he did and how he actually quit on this team well before the season was over, well that's all in itself."

This does shed some light on Richardson's verbal altercation with Marshall last year, where the two got in a heated argument following a Week 3 loss to the Chiefs. While all parties dismissed the incident, it lingered, and resurfaced after the Jets' Week 16 loss to the Patriots , and Week 17 win over the Bills . It was so bad, cornerback Darrelle Revis said it left a "dark cloud" over the Jets throughout the year.

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I will side with Sheldon here, BR did quit, and is a bitch when losing.

This is a lose-lose thing here because both dudes are jerkoffs. Marshall has burned every team he's ever been on and, no doubt, was a pain in the ass here, but Sheldon was the one showing up late to meetings and disappearing for an entire year. Marshall was playing with a foot that looked like a ham hock and legitimately competed, which is more than Sheldon could say.

Richardson keeps alluding to "what he did" just come out and say it then jesus. How many times is he going to beat around the bush here. Marshall has no interest in bringing this up and never once publicly threw anyone under the bus while he was here.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Also, Maccagnan really, really, really needs to find a way to trade Sheldon immediately.

So you want to sell low? Not a good idea. They tried to trade him before and got no takers. They should be putting him in position to succeed to start year, get a couple of sacks, hope a team suffers a big injury on the d line and then trade him for a pick... hopefully

Honestly, not even sure that will happen. I'm not sure of the rules but letting him play out, play well and then hope to get a good comp pick when he leaves via free agency. Assuming that's even possible. 

20 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I will side with Sheldon here, BR did quit, and is a bitch when losing.

Neither one is blameless. 

Best thing the Jets can do, other than trading him, is keep him off the radio/TV talk circuit. He's just decreasing his value. 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Richardson keeps alluding to "what he did" just come out and say it then jesus. How many times is he going to beat around the bush here. Marshall has no interest in bringing this up and never once publicly threw anyone under the bus while he was here.

Hoez fo shoez

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'd almost guarantee it was Marshall who pushed Bowles to publicly bitchslap Sheldon and Mo for dogging it last year. Given the random timing of it and the fact that Bowles literally never holds anyone accountable for anything, it stands to reason there was some pressure put upon him to do so.

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you want to sell low? Not a good idea. They tried to trade him before and got no takers. They should be putting him in position to succeed to start year, get a couple of sacks, hope a team suffers a big injury on the d line and then trade him for a pick... hopefully

Honestly, not even sure that will happen. I'm not sure of the rules but letting him play out, play well and then hope to get a good comp pick when he leaves via free agency. Assuming that's even possible. 

There's this great bit of dialogue in Game of Thrones where Bronn explains to Tyrion how to prepare a city for a siege. The first step, he said, is to go through the city and kill all of the thieves because once the siege sets in, the thieves take possession of the food stores and proceed to gouge everyone else while the city is already in crisis. This season is going to be a siege and if Sheldon is already feeling like popping off, it's not gonna end well for anyone. Bowles can't even give the appearance that he's lost control of the team for a second consecutive year, and Sheldon is the guy that'll test him the most.

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Did Sheldon Richardson play last year? Honestly don't remember him doing anything.

Oh you probably made the amateur mistake of looking for Sheldon on the defensive line.  

Our genius coach played Sheldon where he belongs.  In the secondary.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There's this great bit of dialogue in Game of Thrones where Bronn explains to Tyrion how to prepare a city for a siege. The first step, he said, is to go through the city and kill all of the thieves because once the siege sets in, the thieves take possession of the food stores and proceed to gouge everyone else while the city is already in crisis. This season is going to be a siege and if Sheldon is already feeling like popping off, it's not gonna end well for anyone. Bowles can't even give the appearance that he's lost control of the team for a second consecutive year, and Sheldon is the guy that'll test him the most.

For now he's just popping off against littlefinger and no one likes littlefinger. 

I have conceived of a trade. Richardson to the Eagles for Jordan Matthews and a fifth or sixth rounder. Feel me. Eagles are trying to shoehorn Nelson Agholor into the slot role and they have Alshon Jeffery already on the outside.

I have conceived of a trade. Richardson to the Eagles for Jordan Matthews and a fifth or sixth rounder. Feel me. Eagles are trying to shoehorn Nelson Agholor into the slot role and they have Alshon Jeffery already on the outside.

Put a sock on it......

Image result for green condom pics

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This is a lose-lose thing here because both dudes are jerkoffs. Marshall has burned every team he's ever been on and, no doubt, was a pain in the ass here, but Sheldon was the one showing up late to meetings and disappearing for an entire year. Marshall was playing with a foot that looked like a ham hock and legitimately competed, which is more than Sheldon could say.

To be fair, he disappeared by design.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'd almost guarantee it was Marshall who pushed Bowles to publicly bitchslap Sheldon and Mo for dogging it last year. Given the random timing of it and the fact that Bowles literally never holds anyone accountable for anything, it stands to reason there was some pressure put upon him to do so.

The "it" was actually something else.  

Worse?

Marshall acted a fool during halftime of one of the games (I think the game at Foxboro) and pissed the entire team off.  Richardson said something about it.  Players were pissed at Marshall, not Richardson.  The only thing Richardson did wrong was talk to the media about it.

These are very serious allegations and some that some posited out here before.

To say that an athlete, BM, "quit," is very very serious business.

I loved BM on the team, loved he fact that, IMO, he was a warrior for us and tried to hold folks accountable and most importantly hated to lose.

However to say that BM "quit"  and that if that is true, the fact alone would be very very damming indeed.

P.S. On the other hand, note that the Jets wanted BM back and that he requested to be released and the Jets reluctantly acquiesced......

Interesting stuff....

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

This 100%!!!

Archived