Sheldon takes bait, hammers Brandon Marshall

T0mShane

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Also, Maccagnan really, really, really needs to find a way to trade Sheldon immediately.

I'm buying what he says about Marshall.  But in his own right... godammmit  ....Sheldon can't shut up.  He reminds me of Rex sometimes.  Give him a microphone and he's guaranteeed to say something he shouldn't have. He's way too easy bait for NY press.  

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'd almost guarantee it was Marshall who pushed Bowles to publicly bitchslap Sheldon and Mo for dogging it last year. Given the random timing of it and the fact that Bowles literally never holds anyone accountable for anything, it stands to reason there was some pressure put upon him to do so.

I never really put those 2 things together before. Could be coincidence, but man it sure fits like 2 puzzle pieces.

That would also answer why Sheldon won't specify what this dastardly thing was that Marshall did back then. If you're right, it's because the "infraction" wasn't Sheldon & Mo dogging it; it was Marshall for not letting them do it with impunity.

My guess correction to your guess - though I suspect you're mostly right - is that I'm thinking Marshall didn't go right to Bowles with this. Instead he went outside "the family" to Manish Mehta, who was back then leaking something like 'fans would be disgusted if they knew what was going on, and would be surprised which player(s) are the real douchebags in their locker room' (or whatever that DN douchebag said exactly). Don't know if that also fits the week 3 timing, but it was all in the first half of the season.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I never really put those 2 things together before. Could be coincidence, but man it sure fits like 2 puzzle pieces.

That would also answer why Sheldon won't specify what this dastardly thing was that Marshall did back then. If you're right, it's because the "infraction" wasn't Sheldon & Mo dogging it; it was Marshall for not letting them do it with impunity.

My guess correction to your guess - though I suspect you're mostly right - is that I'm thinking Marshall didn't go right to Bowles with this. Instead he went outside "the family" to Manish Mehta, who was back then leaking something like 'fans would be disgusted if they knew what was going on, and would be surprised which player(s) are the real douchebags in their locker room' (or whatever that DN douchebag said exactly). Don't know if that also fits the week 3 timing, but it was all in the first half of the season.

:hap:

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Theres a lot of assumption made by fans who have no idea what theyre talking about and looking to dump on SR

The Shane & Sperm scenario is likely correct.  And Bowles is no leader.  It's obvious that accountability is scarce and infrequently required.  He f-ing sucks Jet Nut.  And I LOVE my Jets.  This isn't being a bad fan as you always allege.  This is a fan who can't stand what he sees and wants the ownership of this team to fix it. Put your pom-poms down for 30 seconds and open your eyes.  Woody f-ed up hiring this guy. And I have no love for Mac either.  I also would like to know if Woody told Mac to make all these cuts to save money in a losing cause.  It wouldn't surprise me. 

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The Shane & Sperm scenario is likely correct.  And Bowles is no leader.  It's obvious that accountability is scarce and infrequently required.  He f-ing sucks Jet Nut.  And I LOVE my Jets.  This isn't being a bad fan as you always allege.  This is a fan who can't stand what he sees and wants the ownership of this team to fix it. Put your pom-poms down for 30 seconds and open your eyes.  Woody f-ed up hiring this guy. And I have no love for Mac either.  I also would like to know if Woody told Mac to make all these cuts to save money in a losing cause.  It wouldn't surprise me. 

This is pure fiction.  Sorry, no one knows anything other than to guess depending on how little you like a player or coach.  Has nothing to do with pom poms or being a good fan. Sheldon is a lot of things but hes not a dog, works hard.  Not to some in this thread however.  

Theres a lot of fans here who talk non stop and criticize then think that players arent human, arent allowed to talk or answer questions.  If they dont like what a player says, hate comes out followed with a dump his ass comment.  As if what he says has anything to do with how the team plays or wins and loses.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Marshalls not here for one.  Most are ripping SR.  

Yet your favorite GM would rather it was the other way around. This is the 2nd season in a row he's looked to trade SR, and in between those seasons he offered BM a multi-year extension.

Both seem like douchebags, even if they are so in different ways. If BM was a hypocrite, firing off about SR dogging it while he wasn't trying his hardest either, that doesn't absolve SR. It means he's a douchebag, and that doesn't change just because the tattle-tale possessed some poor traits of his own. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yet your favorite GM would rather it was the other way around. This is the 2nd season in a row he's looked to trade SR, and in between those seasons he offered BM a multi-year extension.

Both seem like douchebags, even if they are so in different ways. If BM was a hypocrite, firing off about SR dogging it while he wasn't trying his hardest either, that doesn't absolve SR. It means he's a douchebag, and that doesn't change just because the tattle-tale possessed some poor traits of his own. 

My favorite who?  

You mean hes looked to trade him because he doesnt want to invest all that money into two DL?  Now we'll turn it into something more?  Which has absolutely nothing to do with Marshall?  

They might both be total douchebags, true, but you dont need to hang with them or marry them off to your daughter.  Id love to know when exactly SR was dogging it.  Because no one has ever hinted at that.  Other than here of course.  And thats not as bad as being a tattle tale, lol

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

My favorite who?  

You mean hes looked to trade him because he doesnt want to invest all that money into two DL?  Now we'll turn it into something more?  Which has absolutely nothing to do with Marshall?  

They might both be total douchebags, true, but you dont need to hang with them or marry them off to your daughter.  Id love to know when exactly SR was dogging it.  Because no one has ever hinted at that.  Other than here of course.  And thats not as bad as being a tattle tale, lol

A player that skips practices is dogging it.

And that yoyo should has seen fit to invest all that team capital into 3 DL for what is fast approaching 3 straight seasons. The time to cut that number to 2 was back in 2015 or 2016 (ideally preseason, but certainly should have taken anything he could get before the trade deadline). It made no sense to keep them all for 1 season, since they don't all belong on the field at the same time.

If he's going to get any kudos for holding out and having it pay off, as you'd surely heap upon him, he deservedly gets the blame for holding out and having it blow up in his stupid face, again and again. 

21 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And that yoyo should has seen fit to invest all that team capital into 3 DL for what is fast approaching 3 straight seasons. The time to cut that number to 2 was back in 2015 or 2016 (ideally preseason, but certainly should have taken anything he could get before the trade deadline). It made no sense to keep them all for 1 season, since they don't all belong on the field at the same time.

If he's going to get any kudos for holding out and having it pay off, as you'd surely heap upon him, he deservedly gets the blame for holding out and having it blow up in his stupid face, again and again. 

A player who skipped a handful of practices didnt disappear on the field as stated.  And Sheldon always plays hard, so not a fact. 

Theres nothing to blame anyone for keeping all three.  Who have we not been able to sign?  Where was the cap issue?  Nothing has blown up in anyones face.  Not here or again.  Its just a constant complaint.  Plus we have no idea how or when he tried trading SR.  Two years ago what were we getting for him?  Nothing, he should have been given away so a few short sighted fans could sleep better.  

I'm not gonna call either person "right" in this situation.  The truth is, it was 2 flawed, yet big, personalities clashing.

We know Brandon Marshall is a big talker, and it's meant to be positive and deep down we know it comes from a good place, but Brandon isn't the brightest guy in the world either and sometimes he doesn't know when to just be quiet.  He fails to see things from the teammates' perspective sometimes.  His large presence in the media gives him this status as an ambassador of the team, and when he says things at the wrong time, obviously guys are gonna resent him for it.

As for Sheldon, we know how good a player he can be, and he deserves some credit for being forced to play out of position for so long.  But he, too, is a bad decision maker off the field and in the locker room.  Sheldon is the kind of guy who seems like a "tell it like it is" guy when the team is winning, but when the team's losing he lets his emotions get to him and goes off the rails.  This guy is no Derek Jeter or David Wright.

Just now, jetscrazey said:

I'm not gonna call either person "right" in this situation.  The truth is, it was 2 flawed, yet big, personalities clashing.

We know Brandon Marshall is a big talker, and it's meant to be positive and deep down we know it comes from a good place, but Brandon isn't the brightest guy in the world either and sometimes he doesn't know when to just be quiet.  He fails to see things from the teammates' perspective sometimes.  His large presence in the media gives him this status as an ambassador of the team, and when he says things at the wrong time, obviously guys are gonna resent him for it.

As for Sheldon, we know how good a player he can be, and he deserves some credit for being forced to play out of position for so long.  But he, too, is a bad decision maker off the field and in the locker room.  Sheldon is the kind of guy who seems like a "tell it like it is" guy when the team is winning, but when the team's losing he lets his emotions get to him and goes off the rails.  This guy is no Derek Jeter or David Wright.

Really good objective analysis of the situation. As for me, I don't like hearing Marshall getting put down after the effort he gave us. Don't know if he quit at the end, or simply Petty had a good rapport with Anderson, and so BM's production went down. But to pile on him is to be an ingrate considering the quality time he was here with us, on the field and off.

You're completely dismissing the Richardson driving 1000 mph with a gun, child, odor of weed while evading police. That made him untradeable at the time. Mac had no choice but to hang on and try to salvage something. Problem is I think Macc kept the price too high in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 8/8/2017 at 0:35 AM, Jet Nut said:

A player who skipped a handful of practices didnt disappear on the field as stated.  And Sheldon always plays hard, so not a fact. 

Theres nothing to blame anyone for keeping all three.  Who have we not been able to sign?  Where was the cap issue?  Nothing has blown up in anyones face.  Not here or again.  Its just a constant complaint.  Plus we have no idea how or when he tried trading SR.  Two years ago what were we getting for him?  Nothing, he should have been given away so a few short sighted fans could sleep better.  

Lol the purpose of not keeping all 3 is it could have (and should have) turned into 2 plus another draft pick or more, back when he could get a good one. He waited until he couldn't get more than maybe a 4th for the better of the two, if even that much. The "shortsighted" person thinks the iron will always be hot just because it's hot right now, and waits without striking as the iron cools. That's what our GM did, and you're actually defending the failure by suggesting the hot iron was always ice cold to begin with.

Just about the most shortsighted thing one could respond is that an action wasn't so bad unless one can point to single different, equivalent one that would have led to a super bowl on its own. Armed with your stupendously shortsighted defense, there is no such thing as a bad signing ever.

We do have an idea, even if you personally choose to deny history of when they were reported at the times. He tried trading Mo and asked for too much for 2 offseasons in a row, with the league collectively laughing at his demands for a first rounder or more. Then he tried trading SR and repeated the same thing, insisting on a 1st round pick nobody would possibly surrender, even as the trade deadline approached (which got his one interested party to laugh and hang up the phone on him).

But I guess since Maccagnan didn't hold a press conference to stipulate these things happening, and detail his own failure for us firsthand, so you're right to presume they never happened. 

The rationale is he didn't succeed in doing so, therefore he never tried. Like Pee Wee Herman falling off his bike and then claiming he meant to do that, lol.

On 8/8/2017 at 9:41 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol the purpose of not keeping all 3 is it could have (and should have) turned into 2 plus another draft pick or more, back when he could get a good one. He waited until he couldn't get more than maybe a 4th for the better of the two, if even that much. The "shortsighted" person thinks the iron will always be hot just because it's hot right now, and waits without striking as the iron cools. That's what our GM did, and you're actually defending the failure by suggesting the hot iron was always ice cold to begin with.

Just about the most shortsighted thing one could respond is that an action wasn't so bad unless one can point to single different, equivalent one that would have led to a super bowl on its own. Armed with your stupendously shortsighted defense, there is no such thing as a bad signing ever.

We do have an idea, even if you personally choose to deny history of when they were reported at the times. He tried trading Mo and asked for too much for 2 offseasons in a row, with the league collectively laughing at his demands for a first rounder or more. Then he tried trading SR and repeated the same thing, insisting on a 1st round pick nobody would possibly surrender, even as the trade deadline approached (which got his one interested party to laugh and hang up the phone on him).

But I guess since Maccagnan didn't hold a press conference to stipulate these things happening, and detail his own failure for us firsthand, so you're right to presume they never happened. 

The rationale is he didn't succeed in doing so, therefore he never tried. Like Pee Wee Herman falling off his bike and then claiming he meant to do that, lol.

Love your monday morning write ups.

Love how you just snap your fingers and we have draft picks falling in our laps.  

This is the reverse Winters, should have signed him earlier and saved money.  Risky but knowing he improved makes for an easy argument.  The same sign him now crying we got over Enunwa.  

We probably should stop with these ridiculous fantasy stories from your mind where you make one assumption after another and try to pass it off as fact.  You dont have a clue what he asked for for Mo but the league laughed at him.  Have to admit, I laughed at that.  Macc didnt need to hold a press conference, you'll make shlt up as you go along to feed your agenda, who cares

Brandon Marshall had more of an impact than ShelRich the year before last and had about the same impact last year.

Remember our dlines only good game of the year?  Game one vs Cincy?  Shel did not play.

Shel is complaining about a guy showing some drama over us stinking like blue cheese.  I am sure Shell is more than happy to not worry about it at all.

As far as I know BMarhsall was not late or did not miss practiced and such like shel and mo wilk did, not too mention shel rich being given time off by the coach on about 3 occasions for 'personal business'

I'd take Marshall over Richardson in my locker room 10 times out of 10.

Well, BM is out, and Shel needs to bring his A game this year. The fact is that if the Jets win one game this year, it's pretty clear the defense is going to have to do it. 

Can't wait for that franchise QB. Hopefully we can put some receivers around him. We could have gotten some this year, but Macc picked two safeties with our first and second picks, then passed on Elflein in the third to pick a scrub receiver.

only the Jets

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Brandon Marshall had more of an impact than ShelRich the year before last and had about the same impact last year.

Remember our dlines only good game of the year?  Game one vs Cincy?  Shel did not play.

Shel is complaining about a guy showing some drama over us stinking like blue cheese.  I am sure Shell is more than happy to not worry about it at all.

As far as I know BMarhsall was not late or did not miss practiced and such like shel and mo wilk did, not too mention shel rich being given time off by the coach on about 3 occasions for 'personal business'

I'd take Marshall over Richardson in my locker room 10 times out of 10.

Funny how fans think.  The team was overwhelmingly more pissed at Marshall than Sheldon.  Not even close.

But fans would go with the guy that everyone had issues with.

And Sheldon was much more of a player than Marshall last year, without taking into account Marshall dogging it on the field, giving up and then blasting his teammates

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny how fans think.  The team was overwhelmingly more pissed at Marshall than Sheldon.  Not even close.

But fans would go with the guy that everyone had issues with.

And Sheldon was much more of a player than Marshall last year, without taking into account Marshall dogging it on the field, giving up and then blasting his teammates

Our best dline game of the year was with sheldon in street cloths, Richardson had very little impact on our team and marshall going from great to suspect had  afar bigger blight on the team than Richardson and his massive 1.5 sacks.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Love your monday morning write ups.

Love how you just snap your fingers and we have draft picks falling in our laps.  

This is the reverse Winters, should have signed him earlier and saved money.  Risky but knowing he improved makes for an easy argument.  The same sign him now crying we got over Enunwa.  

We probably should stop with these ridiculous fantasy stories from your mind where you make one assumption after another and try to pass it off as fact.  You dont have a clue what he asked for for Mo but the league laughed at him.  Have to admit, I laughed at that.  Macc didnt need to hold a press conference, you'll make shlt up as you go along to feed your agenda, who cares

We didn't trade Wilkerson and then we couldn't.  We didn't sign Wilkerson early and it cost us.  We didn't sign Winters early and it cost us.  We didn't trade Richardson and then we couldn't.  Are we going to sign him?  We didn't sign Enunwa early (right now would be the earliest) and he got hurt - one bullet dodged.  Yippee.  

He also didn't trade Geno, Decker or Calvin Pryor when they could have netted something, but waited until their departure equated with cuts.  

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Our best dline game of the year was with sheldon in street cloths, Richardson had very little impact on our team and marshall going from great to suspect had  afar bigger blight on the team than Richardson and his massive 1.5 sacks.

Simplistic view of the DL.  One game, means nothing and to blame the other 15 games on SR is ridiculous

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

We didn't trade Wilkerson and then we couldn't.  We didn't sign Wilkerson early and it cost us.  We didn't sign Winters early and it cost us.  We didn't trade Richardson and then we couldn't.  Are we going to sign him?  We didn't sign Enunwa early (right now would be the earliest) and he got hurt - one bullet dodged.  Yippee.  

He also didn't trade Geno, Decker or Calvin Pryor when they could have netted something, but waited until their departure equated with cuts.  

What exactly did it cost us to sign Mo?  

And if we signed Winters and he didnt develop how smart would that have been?  How many would be on her killing Macc for overpaying for him?  Great to look back after knowing the outcome.  It was a risk, no kidding.

Just as all those who also killed Macc to sign Enunwa NOW before we have another Winters wouldnt have looked like the right move today.  

Tell us, what was the market for Geno, Decker or Pryor?  Only two were rumored cuts, doesn't mean they cant be traded.  

What was the market for Geno, Decker and Pryor?  More than nothing - which is what getting Demario Davis amounted to. 

What did it cost to sign Mo?  $86M.  If you don't think they could have signed him or Winters cheaper, I can't help you.  It is fine to say that this guy was difficult to trade or they didn't want to risk an extension on an injury prone player, but when you literally never extend anybody or get anything decent back in a trade?  There is an issue.

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I have conceived of a trade. Richardson to the Eagles for Jordan Matthews and a fifth or sixth rounder. Feel me. Eagles are trying to shoehorn Nelson Agholor into the slot role and they have Alshon Jeffery already on the outside.

Very good. Hack needs possession receivers, move the chain bigger guys that can basically box out like Mathews, ASJ. He's got some skinny speed guys like Anderson & Peake. Jets signed big Mo to big Money, once that happened ain't no way in hell theyre paying Richardson with The Big Cat wanting his future payday. I agree, that's a good fair trade.

Archived