#JetsCamp Report – Tues 08/08/17

Maxman

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Well that's nice to hear.

Seeing as how Hack threw a couple of good throws in addition to a LOT of picks and McCown was... McCown he wins the day. Good for him. Hope we see more of that from him.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

didn't that train suck last year? 

It did.  Some guys improve.  Some don't.  Hence why I've been circling and not jumping aboard just yet.  Also...it's not like there are any Bugatis with supermodels in the passenger seat idling nearby.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

but hey, he's 2nd on the all-important depth chart.

Yup, the most important depth chart of all, the first unofficial depth chart that Bowles said he didn't even look at! 

Just now, nycdan said:

Isn't our entire WR corps 4th stringers?

Only if you're a darksider. Any objective viewer would call them third stringers at least!

Jets coach Todd Bowles reacted angrily to questions about Sheldon Richardson's latest criticism of Brandon Marshall. "I don't have time for the B.S," he said. Bowles said he has discussed it with Richardson and the team. When pressed, Bowles bristled and threatened to end his post-practice news conference.

Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

Just now, C Mart said:

Jets coach Todd Bowles reacted angrily to questions about Sheldon Richardson's latest criticism of Brandon Marshall. "I don't have time for the B.S," he said. Bowles said he has discussed it with Richardson and the team. When pressed, Bowles bristled and threatened to end his post-practice news conference.

i'd rather sheldon give the post practice presser.

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

He's finally cracking ala Hal McCrae because he knows he is being played by the schmucks of the team.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He's finally cracking ala Hal McCrae because he knows he is being played by the schmucks of the team.

I wouldn't say cracking, more like enough of the bullsh*t.  I like the way he finally shows some frustration, there is a pulse!  I think he's had it with Sheldon.  Macc has to make a move with this dipsh*t asap

it's fake tough.  he should be more poised about this, it's a very minor thing.

Whats fake?  i'm not watching it so I'm just going off the tweets.   I think he's fed up with Sheldon and the NY media in general.  He has a lot of challenges on his plate.  There is nothing wrong with being more stern and wanting to move away from a topic you know the Media is just going to keep twisting a knife on b/c your boneheaded player can't shut the **** up

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

Whats fake?  i'm not watching it so I'm just going off the tweets.   I think he's fed up with Sheldon and the NY media in general.  He has a lot of challenges on his plate.  There is nothing wrong with being more stern and wanting to move away from a topic you know the Media is just going to keep twisting a knife on b/c your boneheaded player can't shut the **** up

the media is just doing its job.  sheldon is talking, so what.  bowles should be mad at sheldon, not the media, and should be taking it out on sheldon, not the media.  sounds like a whiny b***h, i'm going home if you ask me those questions...

the media is just doing its job.  sheldon is talking, so what.  bowles should be mad at sheldon, not the media, and should be taking it out on sheldon, not the media.  sounds like a whiny b***h, i'm going home if you ask me those questions...

Yeah, no other coaches do this with the media

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yeah, no other coaches do this with the media

bowles has had no control of the lockerroom since IK nailed geno, he had no control last year, and now he can't even shut up sheldon when he's the only one talking.  it's a joke.

doesn't matter, he's not the man for the job, he's gone by the end of the season if not sooner.  the next coach will get his crack at developing the new qb(s).

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

You talk like he brought it up out of nowhere. Somebody asked him about Sheldon and Marshall and he persistently said he didn't want to answer. Which he shouldn't, what coach would offer an opinion of that?

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yeah I'm just not getting your argument lol  BB is known to basically shut sh*t down when he doesn't like the line of questions and go so far as insult the medias questions.  I see no issue here, Jets have way bigger issues than Bowles getting terse with the media lol

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

bowles has had no control of the lockerroom since IK nailed geno, he had no control last year, and now he can't even shut up sheldon when he's the only one talking.  it's a joke.

doesn't matter, he's not the man for the job, he's gone by the end of the season if not sooner.  the next coach will get his crack at developing the new qb(s).

Oh OK nvm, no need to reply to my last one, I see you already made up your mind on Bowles and will just slam him for everything (deserved or undeserved)

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

Yeah I'm just not getting your argument lol  BB is known to basically shut sh*t down when he doesn't like the line of questions and go so far as insult the medias questions.  I see no issue here, Jets have way bigger issues than Bowles getting terse with the media lol

The difference is that Belichick disciplines the player first, giving him credibility when he faces the media. He sent Revis home for being ten minutes late to practice and benched Edelman for making foot jokes about Rex. Bowles? Please.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Its almost like a grown man can't control or watch over every action of 53 to 90 other grown men. 

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Right? I don't know how somebody spins not wanting to talk about a BS issue into a sign of poor coaching. Any other coach would provide an answer like TB's.

He said he had spoken to Richardson about it and has said that on NUMEROUS times in the past and sherich does what ever the fug he likes.  He is not in control, he talks a game but backs it up with nothing. 

He needs to grab Richardson by the neck and say '"Listen a$$hole this is your contract year, if you say one more thing about marshal or anyone else your ass will be so far on the bench you won;t see the field and you can kiss your dollars good bye."

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He said he had spoken to Richardson about it and has said that on NUMEROUS times in the past and sherich does what ever the fug he likes.  He is not in control, he talks a game but backs it up with nothing. 

He needs to grab Richardson by the neck and say '"Listen a$$hole this is your contract year, if you say one more thing about marshal or anyone else your ass will be so far on the bench you won;t see the field and you can kiss your dollars good bye."

Demote him to the 4th stringers, that'll show him!

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bowles seems to go the passive aggressive route. I think playing him at OLB was some half-assed attempt at disciplining Sheldon, as stupid and self-defeating though it was 

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

see, so easy.

It's so hard to draw conclusions based off the tweets. Big thank you for them however.

It did seem today though that Petty and Hack had better day's than McCown. Despite the picks I'm encouraged that we aren't at Game 1 of the pre season yet and both Petty and Hack seem to be matching McCown and today actually doing better.

The feeling from the first week was McCown was practicing better due to at least his experience. However it feels like this has closed right up. But Petty and Hack need to show it day after day.

Archived