Josh Rosen just might be the a$$hole this franchise needs: BR interview

T0mShane

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reportedly, his attitude with his teammates, coaches and his work in practice have come a long way since last season.  Mora has been glowing in his praise of the attitude adjustment.  He looks much bigger and stronger too.  If he tears it up this season, I'd have no problem drafting him.

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Josh Rosen is Jamarcus Russell, Johnny Manziel, and Jeff George all rolled into one if you took all their bad traits only!

This is some of the stupidest sh*t I have ever read on here.  Yeah, Rosen is the same as those guys except, you know, he doesn't have a f*cking drug abuse problem and can read defenses with the best of them.  Totally similar.  Has nothing to do with the fact you have a mega-boner for Darnold.  Congratulations on topping the Mahomes nonsense from the other thread where you said that he was a once-in-20 years type of talent.

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Josh Rosen AKA Image result for johnny manziel pics

Not even close.  You know what other QB is super outspoken and arrogant with his beliefs like Rosen?  Aaron Rodgers.  Phillip Rivers.  Cam Newton to a degree.  They can play and so can Rosen.  

Great thread btw @T0mShane.  It's a name we should all be getting familiar with because.  I was gonna start one today while watching clips of his last game against ASU.  I just wasn't sure if it was material for the main board or the draft forum.  It was the last game of his season where he was destroyed and left out to dry by his team and ultimately injured.  Even then, with crushing hits and relentless pressure, he stood as tall as a guy could do in that situation, read the whole field, went through progressions, and if it wasn't for countless drops could have had 500 yards (he had 400) and at least 4 TDs (he finished with 2 completed and two TDs dropped).

I don't care if he is arrogant or cocky.  Most QBs are.  I don't care that he just publicly stated what 99.9% of the population knows about college athletes.  I care as to whether or not he can be a star at the next level.  If he can continue to grow this season he will, without a doubt, be in the conversation for top dog in the draft.  He's accurate, poised, mechanically sound, and brilliant on the field.  

By the way, the Jets like him.  A lot.  I can say that with a decent amount of certainty.  A lot can change in one season of course, but they do like him quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

This is some of the stupidest sh*t I have ever read on here.  Yeah, Rosen is the same as those guys except, you know, he doesn't have a f*cking drug abuse problem and can read defenses with the best of them.  Totally similar.  Has nothing to do with the fact you have a mega-boner for Darnold.  Congratulations on topping the Mahomes nonsense from the other thread where you said that he was a once-in-20 years type of talent.

Not even close.  You know what other QB is super outspoken and arrogant with his beliefs like Rosen?  Aaron Rodgers.  Phillip Rivers.  Cam Newton to a degree.  They can play and so can Rosen.  

It's gonna be real funny when you see Rosen getting the Connor Cook treatment next draft, and out of the league in 4 years because he has no respect for his teammates, fans, media, coaches, or anyone else.  Nobody will follow him into battle if he was good, and he is NOT good his stats are Hackenberg like atrocious.

But you keep fighting that good fight that Mahomes can't be good because of where he played college football, and Darnold will suck because of USC.

Zero problem with what he said. It's exactly how you want your QB to think. It's not how you want him to talk to the media though.This kid imo is more likely the next Marino than the next Leaf or Jeff George. A lot of QBs are assholes. He just needs some PR coaching.  He might think he's being real, but he's only putting a target on his back while making himself less marketable. If he puts a little more of that "aww shucks" act on for the media, America will eat that sh*t right up.. Aaron Rodgers is apparently a huge douche but we all love him.  R-E-L-A-X.

Rosen goes no lower than 2 imo.

5 hours ago, Pcola said:

I think a lot of Rosen hype is based on potential.  His stats are less impressive than both Darnold and Mason Rudolph (based on the top 5 rated guys -Allen and Falk).

Not saying he won't light it up this year and prove to be the best one of the bunch, but he is dealing with his third OC already at UCLA.

It would be nice if the Jets got the pick of the litter and didn't have to hope the guy that everyone else passed on turns out to be good.

FWIW, in the Jets preview on RealGM, they said Darnold is a better QB at this point of his career than Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston, and Mathew Stafford.

Sign me up.  A QB like that could turn ASJ, Q, Anderson, and Stewart into an elite WR Corp.

Jameis at this point had a national championship

6 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Zero problem with what he said. It's exactly how you want your QB to think. It's not how you want him to talk to the media though.This kid imo is more likely the next Marino than the next Leaf or Jeff George. A lot of QBs are assholes. He just needs some PR coaching.  He might think he's being real, but he's only putting a target on his back while making himself less marketable. If he puts a little more of that "aww shucks" act on for the media, America will eat that sh*t right up.. Aaron Rodgers is apparently a huge douche but we all love him.  R-E-L-A-X.

Yeah but does Rodgers HS coaches talk with such distain for him as Rosen's does?  Yes guys don't love Rodgers the person, but will follow him in to battle any day, Rosen's teammates despise him, and don't want to follow him into battle big difference.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Jameis at this point had a national championship

Jameis also started from day one those years, Darnold inherited a team that had zero chance at winning a NC because of the record it already had, it's not his fault the coaches made the wrong decision at QB 1 to start the season.

22 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It's gonna be real funny when you see Rosen getting the Connor Cook treatment next draft, and out of the league in 4 years because he has no respect for his teammates, fans, media, coaches, or anyone else.  Nobody will follow him into battle if he was good, and he is NOT good his stats are Hackenberg like atrocious.

But you keep fighting that good fight that Mahomes can't be good because of where he played college football, and Darnold will suck because of USC.

Your QB assessments are pretty funny.  Atrocious?  He has no respect for teammates?  Nobody will follow him into battle?  

When did anyone say Darnold will suck?  Or is it just a total lack of comprehension on your part? 

You cant make this shlt up.  

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Yeah but does Rodgers HS coaches talk with such distain for him as Rosen's does?  Yes guys don't love Rodgers the person, but will follow him in to battle any day, Rosen's teammates despise him, and don't want to follow him into battle big difference.

None of us can prove that. If it is true, then yes it's a huge problem. Though some guys can develop leadership skills with maturity. Either way, more and more assholes are coming....it's the age of the millenials baby!

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Your QB assessments are pretty funny.  Atrocious?  He has no respect for teammates?  Nobody will follow him into battle?  

When did anyone say Darnold will suck?  Or is it just a total lack of comprehension on your part? 

You cant make this shlt up.  

My QB assessments have been pretty spot on over the past few years once I started taking it seriously so I'll rest on that thanks.

1 minute ago, Lil Woody said:

None of us can prove that. If it is true, then yes it's a huge problem. Though some guys can develop leadership skills with maturity. Either way, more and more assholes are coming....it's the age of the millenials baby!

Yeah but assholes are fine at WR, NOT at QB.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Jameis also started from day one those years, Darnold inherited a team that had zero chance at winning a NC because of the record it already had, it's not his fault the coaches made the wrong decision at QB 1 to start the season.

At this point of their careers.  9 games for Darnold, 1st season, a natural freshman for Jameis.  Argue it anyway you like, has nothing to do with how good Darnold is.  I want them to draft Darnold but don't try to know what Jameis was doing 9 games in.  Jameis was great as a freshman.  Let's use your Hack logic from a year ago.  Darnold wasn't good enough to start as a freshman, Jameis was.  Is that better? 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

My QB assessments have been pretty spot on over the past few years once I started taking it seriously so I'll rest on that thanks.

It will suck when you leave to work for some NFL team.  You can put the Mahomes, once in a lifetime line on your resume.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

At this point of their careers.  9 games for Darnold, 1st season, a natural freshman for Jameis.  Argue it anyway you like, has nothing to do with how good Darnold is.  I want them to draft Darnold but don't try to know what Jameis was doing 9 games in.  Jameis was great as a freshman.  Let's use your Hack logic from a year ago.  Darnold wasn't good enough to start as a freshman, Jameis was.  Is that better? 

No it's you spinning a story to fit your agenda, ANYONE with a brain could see Jameis was a future star way ahead of Hack after their freshman years, also Darnold was good enough to start, and everyone, and their mother besides the stupid HC new it so again keep spinning it any way you want even thou you actually agree Darnold is the guy to draft next year, AND IMO if you don't land him you don't waste 5 years on the other maybe prospects coming out when you have a one, and a generational edge rushers in Arden Key also coming out, scouts touting him better then Garret, and Clowney by a lot.  Josh Allen is Patrick Mahomes 3 inches taller, and with out that it factor, and ability to make plays happen, he is a elite arm with sh*tty stats against bad competition who most scouts say would have been a 3rd day prospect if he came out this year, and he smartly didn't, Rosen well you know my stance on Rosen, Jackson is a running QB no thanks, the Auburn kid, and Western Kentucky kid I have yet to look at so I can't speak on them.

So to me next year it's Darnold, or Key in that order, both are difference makers at a position that wins football games the likes the Jets haven't seen in decades.

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It will suck when you leave to work for some NFL team.  You can put the Mahomes, once in a lifetime line on your resume.  

Lol better get used to hearing about Mahomes he is the next ODB, Prescott, type poster boy for the NFL this year, or next.

29 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Except for Oliva Munn.

Haha! Take that you cheese eating prick!

Most high end athletes are jerks.  It's like raising a spoiled child, only by society.  

Imagine you are a high end athlete, that is dominating your sport since pop warner (or AAU or Little League).  Kids look up to you, famous around the school, insanely popular, feel like you have the world in your palms.  Then you move to high school and everything still applies, but now the adults get in on the adulation.  Coaches love your potential, teachers know you are special, principal knows you are a revenue machine.  Then move it to college, where you now have the media joining in on the frenzy, and therefore millions of people that follow your move.  

You and I talk about how student/athlete relationship is a joke, and no one cares.  He talks about it, and it's national news.  It just feeds into the ego, and for these guys anointed since a young age, it's a long time coming.  

If Rosen needs to bitch slap teammates to be happy, I'll happily start a crowdfund to bring in Fitz as a backup.  

Is he opinionated? Sure.  Although, I think it just makes him more likely to be interested in a market like NY where he can put his MBA to use and work on economics.   I would take him (although I have Darnold higher right now) with our pick (Honestly, anyone of Darnold/Rosen/Allen is fine by me) and look forward to next year.  

1 minute ago, win4ever said:

Most high end athletes are jerks.  It's like raising a spoiled child, only by society.  

Imagine you are a high end athlete, that is dominating your sport since pop warner (or AAU or Little League).  Kids look up to you, famous around the school, insanely popular, feel like you have the world in your palms.  Then you move to high school and everything still applies, but now the adults get in on the adulation.  Coaches love your potential, teachers know you are special, principal knows you are a revenue machine.  Then move it to college, where you now have the media joining in on the frenzy, and therefore millions of people that follow your move.  

You and I talk about how student/athlete relationship is a joke, and no one cares.  He talks about it, and it's national news.  It just feeds into the ego, and for these guys anointed since a young age, it's a long time coming.  

If Rosen needs to bitch slap teammates to be happy, I'll happily start a crowdfund to bring in Fitz as a backup.  

Is he opinionated? Sure.  Although, I think it just makes him more likely to be interested in a market like NY where he can put his MBA to use and work on economics.   I would take him (although I have Darnold higher right now) with our pick (Honestly, anyone of Darnold/Rosen/Allen is fine by me) and look forward to next year.  

Now imagine the high end athlete that SHOULD be worshipped as you stated by his coaches, peers, adults ect.  But is actually disgusted by him, and can't stand him, and don't, or stop looking up to you yet your supposed talent hasn't changed.

What do you make of that?

19 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

No it's you spinning a story to fit your agenda, ANYONE with a brain could see Jameis was a future star way ahead of Hack after their freshman years, also Darnold was good enough to start, and everyone, and their mother besides the stupid HC new it so again keep spinning it any way you want even thou you actually agree Darnold is the guy to draft next year, AND IMO if you don't land him you don't waste 5 years on the other maybe prospects coming out when you have a one, and a generational edge rushers in Arden Key also coming out, scouts touting him better then Garret, and Clowney by a lot.  Josh Allen is Patrick Mahomes 3 inches taller, and with out that it factor, and ability to make plays happen, he is a elite arm with sh*tty stats against bad competition who most scouts say would have been a 3rd day prospect if he came out this year, and he smartly didn't, Rosen well you know my stance on Rosen, Jackson is a running QB no thanks, the Auburn kid, and Western Kentucky kid I have yet to look at so I can't speak on them.

So to me next year it's Darnold, or Key in that order, both are difference makers at a position that wins football games the likes the Jets haven't seen in decades.

One thing we agree on is that if they have a chance for Darnold, as of today, you take Darnold.  My only hedge to that bet is a lot can change after another season.  I've seen it happen too many times before, one guy falls or someone emerges.  

20 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Lol better get used to hearing about Mahomes he is the next ODB, Prescott, type poster boy for the NFL this year, or next.

I just don't see it, he's a combine climber to me, but we'll see.  

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Now imagine the high end athlete that SHOULD be worshipped as you stated by his coaches, peers, adults ect.  But is actually disgusted by him, and can't stand him, and don't, or stop looking up to you yet your supposed talent hasn't changed.

Teammates hated Michael Jordan or Kobe.  Talent trumps attitude if it comes down to it.

Teammates loved Manziel, and it got the Browns nowhere.  Same for Fitz, all year long, we heard about the magical ability of Fitz to bring guys together and lead them, and the only thing he led was interception percentage.  

If they hate him, why is he the starting QB?

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

You can repeat this stupid line that his teammates despise him as much as you want.  Other than ONE stupid rumors from an ANONYMOUS scout via clickbait bullsh*t artist Charlie Cambell it has NEVER been validated by anyone.  It isnt f*cking true.  

Mahomes struggles have more to do with basic things at the QB position than they do his school.  I was a Garoppolo and Wentz fan for f*cks sake, I don't give a sh*t about the school a prospect comes from as long as they show significant signs of being a franchise QB.  I care if you can read a defense, throw the ball with touch and accuracy at all three levels of the field, line up over center, look off defenders, not lock on to your receivers, have clean throwing mechanics, post snap reads, etc.  Mahomes struggles with every single one of those basic things as of right now and I don't see it with him.  This type of sh*t won't fly in the NFL:

WM3ZHE.gif

TanMammothDragon.gifAgonizingCorruptAztecant.gifScreenshot_20170809-011452~4.png

Having a strong arm and being big and fast are meaningless when. Those are your flaws.  If you're following him as closely as you say you are then you would know that he's been struggling at camp right now and has a long way to go.  Literally everything written about Mahomes in scouting reports was also written about Paxton Lynch.  Go take one look at Denver's sports media to see exactly how that's going right now.  Lynch was also a far better prospect.  He may become something, I don't know, but don't sit here with a holier than thou attitude when you are spewing stupid lies like Rosen was Hackenberg-like. Here are the numbers you told me to look at (I knew them already):

Screenshot_20170809-012353~2.png

- His first year he did something Hack never did and that was throw for 60%.  His second year he didn't get to finish, but he likely would have done it then too.  

- He also never had an Allen Robinson to bail him out like Hack did his first year.  Rosen's supporting cast has always sucked.  At least Hack, for all the talent he was deprived of, had WRs.    

- Rosen was throwing TDs at a 2:1 ratio and had two more dropped in his final game. He was going to AT LEAST match his impressive freshman campaign.  The way he was playing before injury and the teams he was set to face say that he would have improved a good amount, with a higher YPA and YPC no less.

There are the numbers.  Do you want me to keep using your own exaggerations to embarrass you, like last time when you said that Mahomes faced NFL caliber defenders on LSU's defense and I proved that it was, like, 3 and 2 of the 3 were sophomores/freshmen?  We'll go there if we need to. 

You literally would only have to go back a day in my post history to find out thag I am far from non-believer when it comes to Darnold.  I think he's going to be phenomenal.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Unsubstantiated lie/wrong.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

I'm so sure they have been. The last time I saw you discussing prospects before this thread you had Lamar Jackson as a top 3 QB prospect.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Broken f*cking record.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You can repeat this stupid line that his teammates despise him as much as you want.  Other than ONE stupid rumors from an ANONYMOUS scout via clickbait bullsh*t artist Charlie Cambell it has NEVER been validated by anyone.  It isnt f*cking true.  

Mahomes struggles have more to do with basic things at the QB position than they do his school.  I was a Garoppolo and Wentz fan for f*cks sake, I don't give a sh*t about the school a prospect comes from as long as they show significant signs of being a franchise QB.  I care if you can read a defense, throw the ball with touch and accuracy at all three levels of the field, line up over center, look off defenders, not lock on to your receivers, have clean throwing mechanics, post snap reads, etc.  Mahomes struggles with every single one of those basic things as of right now and I don't see it with him.  This type of sh*t won't fly in the NFL:

WM3ZHE.gif

TanMammothDragon.gifAgonizingCorruptAztecant.gifScreenshot_20170809-011452~4.png

Having a strong arm and being big and fast are meaningless when. Those are your flaws.  If you're following him as closely as you say you are then you would know that he's been struggling at camp right now and has a long way to go.  Literally everything written about Mahomes in scouting reports was also written about Paxton Lynch.  Go take one look at Denver's sports media to see exactly how that's going right now.  Lynch was also a far better prospect.  He may become something, I don't know, but don't sit here with a holier than thou attitude when you are spewing stupid lies like Rosen was Hackenberg-like. Here are the numbers you told me to look at (I knew them already):

Screenshot_20170809-012353~2.png

- His first year he did something Hack never did and that was throw for 60%.  His second year he didn't get to finish, but he likely would have done it then too.  

- He also never had an Allen Robinson to bail him out like Hack did his first year.  Rosen's supporting cast has always sucked.  At least Hack, for all the talent he was deprived of, had WRs.    

- Rosen was throwing TDs at a 2:1 ratio and had two more dropped in his final game. He was going to AT LEAST match his impressive freshman campaign.  The way he was playing before injury and the teams he was set to face say that he would have improved a good amount, with a higher YPA and YPC no less.

There are the numbers.  Do you want me to keep using your own exaggerations to embarrass you, like last time when you said that Mahomes faced NFL caliber defenders on LSU's defense and I proved that it was, like, 3 and 2 of the 3 were sophomores/freshmen?  We'll go there if we need to. 

You literally would only have to go back a day in my post history to find out thag I am far from non-believer when it comes to Darnold.  I think he's going to be phenomenal.

Your scouting report on Mahomes is as inaccurate as it gets, sorry bud your officially on ignore for ignorance.

Archived