Josh Rosen just might be the a$$hole this franchise needs: BR interview

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Your scouting report on Mahomes is as inaccurate as it gets, sorry bud your officially on ignore for ignorance.

Ain't mine buddy. That's the consensus report on a bunch of websites.

Running away after getting embarrassed, with your tail between your legs, ignoring every point I made isn't a good look.  I seriously could care less about being on your ignore list.  You have no idea what you're talking about.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-football-20160822-snap-story.html

Bruins quarterback Josh Rosen strives to grow into his role as a leader

Josh Rosen has made the cover of Sports Illustrated, hobnobbed with Rams General Manager Les Snead and been widely projected as the top pick of the 2018 NFL draft.

It would be easy for the UCLA quarterback to have gone Hollywood. Instead, he has apparently returned for his sophomore season humbled.

The change became evident when Rosen recently spoke to his teammates about an unexpected topic: their needs.

“He just said he’s willing to do whatever it takes and he’s willing to be there for anybody who needs help,” Bruins backup quarterback Mike Fafaul said after practice Monday. “It’s shown a lot of strides to me personally, being one of his best friends, that he’s really grown up these past few years.”

As a freshman, Rosen developed a reputation as something of a freewheeling party boy. He installed a hot tub in his dorm room and called out both the NCAA and presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Rosen promised at the outset of training camp to be more mature, and he hasn’t veered from his vow.

Massington and Rosen organized players-only practices over the summer to go over a new pro-style offense. Rosen quickly mastered the playbook so that he could tutor his teammates.

“Studying’s studying, you’ve just got to sit down and do it,” Rosen said. “I was able to not just know who’s running where, but also get a grasp of what we’re trying to do with each play. It’s not that much different. There’s just more options and more pieces to build more plays.”

Rosen displayed his grasp of concepts during training camp, becoming the standard his teammates tried to match. He said the Bruins on Monday started watching film of Texas A&M in preparation for their Sept. 3 season opener.

“When you have a guy that’s at the pinnacle of his spot right now,” Fafaul said of Rosen, “everybody wants to chase that.” 

Yeah sounds like his teammates f*cking hate him ?.

On 8/2/2017 at 2:02 PM, Lupz27 said:

Lamar by all accounts from pro scouts will most likely be top 3 QB in this draft class. I'm pretty sure scouts, and team investigators will not give 2 sh*ts about what someone close to Rosen is spewing to hide his jerk off personality, and lack of leadership to put it lightly.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

My QB assessments have been pretty spot on over the past few years once I started taking it seriously so I'll rest on that thanks.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

No it's you spinning a story to fit your agenda, ANYONE with a brain could see Jameis was a future star way ahead of Hack after their freshman years, also Darnold was good enough to start, and everyone, and their mother besides the stupid HC new it so again keep spinning it any way you want even thou you actually agree Darnold is the guy to draft next year, AND IMO if you don't land him you don't waste 5 years on the other maybe prospects coming out when you have a one, and a generational edge rushers in Arden Key also coming out, scouts touting him better then Garret, and Clowney by a lot.  Josh Allen is Patrick Mahomes 3 inches taller, and with out that it factor, and ability to make plays happen, he is a elite arm with sh*tty stats against bad competition who most scouts say would have been a 3rd day prospect if he came out this year, and he smartly didn't, Rosen well you know my stance on Rosen, Jackson is a running QB no thanks, the Auburn kid, and Western Kentucky kid I have yet to look at so I can't speak on them.

So to me next year it's Darnold, or Key in that order, both are difference makers at a position that wins football games the likes the Jets haven't seen in decades.

Lol. Can't be wrong when you flip flop.

15 hours ago, Pcola said:

FWIW, in the Jets preview on RealGM, they said Darnold is a better QB at this point of his career than Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston, and Mathew Stafford.

Some said the same thing about Johnny Manziel...how'd that work out? Not saying Rosen is Manziel...but his arrogance does raise that spectre...

15 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

Some said the same thing about Johnny Manziel...how'd that work out? Not saying Rosen is Manziel...but his arrogance does raise that spectre...

I would be shocked beyond belief if a scout ever compared Manziel to Andrew Luck and said that Manziel was a better prospect.  Manziel was a borderline first round pick, aside from his attitude and Luck was a full blow consensus #1 overall pick for the entire college season.

1 hour ago, Awesumtenor said:

The article was referring to Darnold.  But on Rosen, partying and heavy alcohol and drug use aren't his issues.

Right now there are 5 QBs with potential to blossom into stardom, not including Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield.  I'm sure at least a couple of them flame out like Browning did last year.  

Even if Darnold stays in school, the Jets look like they will have the top pick and then could solve the pass rush issue we've had for 10 years by getting the LSU defender.  Then just take Darnold in 2019.

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'm trying to think of the great QB who wasn't also an arrogant psychopath, especially in college. Coming up empty.

Off the top of my head, Tom Brady,Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning are not exactly wilting violets. Being an arrogant douchebag, while not a requirement, appears to come with the job. Heck, even Pennington had a big attitude. QB is the center of attention, it's going to attract guys who like that. Even in the case of idiots who wear Che Guevara t-shirts. 

1 hour ago, Pcola said:

The article was referring to Darnold.  But on Rosen, partying and heavy alcohol and drug use aren't his issues.

Right now there are 5 QBs with potential to blossom into stardom, not including Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield.  I'm sure at least a couple of them flame out like Browning did last year.  

Even if Darnold stays in school, the Jets look like they will have the top pick and then could solve the pass rush issue we've had for 10 years by getting the LSU defender.  Then just take Darnold in 2019.

So we can have a proficient passing offense sometime before we all die? 

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Off the top of my head, Tom Brady,Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning are not exactly wilting violets. Being an arrogant douchebag, while not a requirement, appears to come with the job. Heck, even Pennington had a big attitude. QB is the center of attention, it's going to attract guys who like that. Even in the case of idiots who wear Che Guevara t-shirts. 

Not that I disagree with your point, but he's an economics major who wants to get his MBA, and own the world.  Kind of makes me think that the Che t-shirt was just trying to be cool in college.

IMO if Rosen is good this year, he'll do a lot of liberal talking, and live like a robber baron.  Should fit in perfect in NYC 

Archived