Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
T0mShane

Josh Rosen just might be the a$$hole this franchise needs: BR interview

Recommended Posts

Lupz27    8,654
1 minute ago, win4ever said:

Most high end athletes are jerks.  It's like raising a spoiled child, only by society.  

Imagine you are a high end athlete, that is dominating your sport since pop warner (or AAU or Little League).  Kids look up to you, famous around the school, insanely popular, feel like you have the world in your palms.  Then you move to high school and everything still applies, but now the adults get in on the adulation.  Coaches love your potential, teachers know you are special, principal knows you are a revenue machine.  Then move it to college, where you now have the media joining in on the frenzy, and therefore millions of people that follow your move.  

You and I talk about how student/athlete relationship is a joke, and no one cares.  He talks about it, and it's national news.  It just feeds into the ego, and for these guys anointed since a young age, it's a long time coming.  

If Rosen needs to bitch slap teammates to be happy, I'll happily start a crowdfund to bring in Fitz as a backup.  

Is he opinionated? Sure.  Although, I think it just makes him more likely to be interested in a market like NY where he can put his MBA to use and work on economics.   I would take him (although I have Darnold higher right now) with our pick (Honestly, anyone of Darnold/Rosen/Allen is fine by me) and look forward to next year.  

Now imagine the high end athlete that SHOULD be worshipped as you stated by his coaches, peers, adults ect.  But is actually disgusted by him, and can't stand him, and don't, or stop looking up to you yet your supposed talent hasn't changed.

 What do you make of that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Jet Nut    4,560
19 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

No it's you spinning a story to fit your agenda, ANYONE with a brain could see Jameis was a future star way ahead of Hack after their freshman years, also Darnold was good enough to start, and everyone, and their mother besides the stupid HC new it so again keep spinning it any way you want even thou you actually agree Darnold is the guy to draft next year, AND IMO if you don't land him you don't waste 5 years on the other maybe prospects coming out when you have a one, and a generational edge rushers in Arden Key also coming out, scouts touting him better then Garret, and Clowney by a lot.  Josh Allen is Patrick Mahomes 3 inches taller, and with out that it factor, and ability to make plays happen, he is a elite arm with sh*tty stats against bad competition who most scouts say would have been a 3rd day prospect if he came out this year, and he smartly didn't, Rosen well you know my stance on Rosen, Jackson is a running QB no thanks, the Auburn kid, and Western Kentucky kid I have yet to look at so I can't speak on them.

So to me next year it's Darnold, or Key in that order, both are difference makers at a position that wins football games the likes the Jets haven't seen in decades.

One thing we agree on is that if they have a chance for Darnold, as of today, you take Darnold.  My only hedge to that bet is a lot can change after another season.  I've seen it happen too many times before, one guy falls or someone emerges.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jet Nut    4,560
20 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Lol better get used to hearing about Mahomes he is the next ODB, Prescott, type poster boy for the NFL this year, or next.

I just don't see it, he's a combine climber to me, but we'll see.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lupz27    8,654
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I just don't see it, he's a combine climber to me, but we'll see.  

He climbed well before the combine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
win4ever    1,166
2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Now imagine the high end athlete that SHOULD be worshipped as you stated by his coaches, peers, adults ect.  But is actually disgusted by him, and can't stand him, and don't, or stop looking up to you yet your supposed talent hasn't changed.

 What do you make of that?

Teammates hated Michael Jordan or Kobe.  Talent trumps attitude if it comes down to it.

Teammates loved Manziel, and it got the Browns nowhere.  Same for Fitz, all year long, we heard about the magical ability of Fitz to bring guys together and lead them, and the only thing he led was interception percentage.  

If they hate him, why is he the starting QB?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
win4ever    1,166
14 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's LA. I think we all know why.

Why?

Honestly, I'm not sure why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mogglez    2,750
1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

It's gonna be real funny when you see Rosen getting the Connor Cook treatment next draft, and out of the league in 4 years because he has no respect for his teammates, fans, media, coaches, or anyone else.  Nobody will follow him into battle if he was good, and he is NOT good his stats are Hackenberg like atrocious.

But you keep fighting that good fight that Mahomes can't be good because of where he played college football, and Darnold will suck because of USC.

You can repeat this stupid line that his teammates despise him as much as you want.  Other than ONE stupid rumors from an ANONYMOUS scout via clickbait bullsh*t artist Charlie Cambell it has NEVER been validated by anyone.  It isnt f*cking true.  

Mahomes struggles have more to do with basic things at the QB position than they do his school.  I was a Garoppolo and Wentz fan for f*cks sake, I don't give a sh*t about the school a prospect comes from as long as they show significant signs of being a franchise QB.  I care if you can read a defense, throw the ball with touch and accuracy at all three levels of the field, line up over center, look off defenders, not lock on to your receivers, have clean throwing mechanics, post snap reads, etc.  Mahomes struggles with every single one of those basic things as of right now and I don't see it with him.  This type of sh*t won't fly in the NFL:

WM3ZHE.gif

TanMammothDragon.gifAgonizingCorruptAztecant.gifScreenshot_20170809-011452~4.png

Having a strong arm and being big and fast are meaningless when. Those are your flaws.  If you're following him as closely as you say you are then you would know that he's been struggling at camp right now and has a long way to go.  Literally everything written about Mahomes in scouting reports was also written about Paxton Lynch.  Go take one look at Denver's sports media to see exactly how that's going right now.  Lynch was also a far better prospect.  He may become something, I don't know, but don't sit here with a holier than thou attitude when you are spewing stupid lies like Rosen was Hackenberg-like. Here are the numbers you told me to look at (I knew them already):

Screenshot_20170809-012353~2.png

- His first year he did something Hack never did and that was throw for 60%.  His second year he didn't get to finish, but he likely would have done it then too.  

- He also never had an Allen Robinson to bail him out like Hack did his first year.  Rosen's supporting cast has always sucked.  At least Hack, for all the talent he was deprived of, had WRs.    

- Rosen was throwing TDs at a 2:1 ratio and had two more dropped in his final game. He was going to AT LEAST match his impressive freshman campaign.  The way he was playing before injury and the teams he was set to face say that he would have improved a good amount, with a higher YPA and YPC no less.

There are the numbers.  Do you want me to keep using your own exaggerations to embarrass you, like last time when you said that Mahomes faced NFL caliber defenders on LSU's defense and I proved that it was, like, 3 and 2 of the 3 were sophomores/freshmen?  We'll go there if we need to. 

You literally would only have to go back a day in my post history to find out thag I am far from non-believer when it comes to Darnold.  I think he's going to be phenomenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mogglez    2,750
1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Now imagine the high end athlete that SHOULD be worshipped as you stated by his coaches, peers, adults ect.  But is actually disgusted by him, and can't stand him, and don't, or stop looking up to you yet your supposed talent hasn't changed.

 What do you make of that?

Unsubstantiated lie/wrong.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

My QB assessments have been pretty spot on over the past few years once I started taking it seriously so I'll rest on that thanks.

I'm so sure they have been. The last time I saw you discussing prospects before this thread you had Lamar Jackson as a top 3 QB prospect.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah but does Rodgers HS coaches talk with such distain for him as Rosen's does?  Yes guys don't love Rodgers the person, but will follow him in to battle any day, Rosen's teammates despise him, and don't want to follow him into battle big difference.

Broken f*cking record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lupz27    8,654
6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You can repeat this stupid line that his teammates despise him as much as you want.  Other than ONE stupid rumors from an ANONYMOUS scout via clickbait bullsh*t artist Charlie Cambell it has NEVER been validated by anyone.  It isnt f*cking true.  

Mahomes struggles have more to do with basic things at the QB position than they do his school.  I was a Garoppolo and Wentz fan for f*cks sake, I don't give a sh*t about the school a prospect comes from as long as they show significant signs of being a franchise QB.  I care if you can read a defense, throw the ball with touch and accuracy at all three levels of the field, line up over center, look off defenders, not lock on to your receivers, have clean throwing mechanics, post snap reads, etc.  Mahomes struggles with every single one of those basic things as of right now and I don't see it with him.  This type of sh*t won't fly in the NFL:

WM3ZHE.gif

TanMammothDragon.gifAgonizingCorruptAztecant.gifScreenshot_20170809-011452~4.png

Having a strong arm and being big and fast are meaningless when. Those are your flaws.  If you're following him as closely as you say you are then you would know that he's been struggling at camp right now and has a long way to go.  Literally everything written about Mahomes in scouting reports was also written about Paxton Lynch.  Go take one look at Denver's sports media to see exactly how that's going right now.  Lynch was also a far better prospect.  He may become something, I don't know, but don't sit here with a holier than thou attitude when you are spewing stupid lies like Rosen was Hackenberg-like. Here are the numbers you told me to look at (I knew them already):

Screenshot_20170809-012353~2.png

- His first year he did something Hack never did and that was throw for 60%.  His second year he didn't get to finish, but he likely would have done it then too.  

- He also never had an Allen Robinson to bail him out like Hack did his first year.  Rosen's supporting cast has always sucked.  At least Hack, for all the talent he was deprived of, had WRs.    

- Rosen was throwing TDs at a 2:1 ratio and had two more dropped in his final game. He was going to AT LEAST match his impressive freshman campaign.  The way he was playing before injury and the teams he was set to face say that he would have improved a good amount, with a higher YPA and YPC no less.

There are the numbers.  Do you want me to keep using your own exaggerations to embarrass you, like last time when you said that Mahomes faced NFL caliber defenders on LSU's defense and I proved that it was, like, 3 and 2 of the 3 were sophomores/freshmen?  We'll go there if we need to. 

You literally would only have to go back a day in my post history to find out thag I am far from non-believer when it comes to Darnold.  I think he's going to be phenomenal.

Your scouting report on Mahomes is as inaccurate as it gets, sorry bud your officially on ignore for ignorance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mogglez    2,750
2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Your scouting report on Mahomes is as inaccurate as it gets, sorry bud your officially on ignore for ignorance.

Ain't mine buddy. That's the consensus report on a bunch of websites.

Running away after getting embarrassed, with your tail between your legs, ignoring every point I made isn't a good look.  I seriously could care less about being on your ignore list.  You have no idea what you're talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mogglez    2,750

Screenshot_20170809-014516~2.pngScreenshot_20170809-014529~2.pngScreenshot_20170809-014536~2.png

Guess I'm not the only one who saw Aaron Rodgers in the kid.  Took 5 minutes to find the excerpts. 

Tedford > WalterFootball.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mogglez    2,750

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-football-20160822-snap-story.html

 

Bruins quarterback Josh Rosen strives to grow into his role as a leader

 

Josh Rosen has made the cover of Sports Illustrated, hobnobbed with Rams General Manager Les Snead and been widely projected as the top pick of the 2018 NFL draft.

It would be easy for the UCLA quarterback to have gone Hollywood. Instead, he has apparently returned for his sophomore season humbled.

The change became evident when Rosen recently spoke to his teammates about an unexpected topic: their needs.

“He just said he’s willing to do whatever it takes and he’s willing to be there for anybody who needs help,” Bruins backup quarterback Mike Fafaul said after practice Monday. “It’s shown a lot of strides to me personally, being one of his best friends, that he’s really grown up these past few years.”

As a freshman, Rosen developed a reputation as something of a freewheeling party boy. He installed a hot tub in his dorm room and called out both the NCAA and presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Rosen promised at the outset of training camp to be more mature, and he hasn’t veered from his vow.

Massington and Rosen organized players-only practices over the summer to go over a new pro-style offense. Rosen quickly mastered the playbook so that he could tutor his teammates.

“Studying’s studying, you’ve just got to sit down and do it,” Rosen said. “I was able to not just know who’s running where, but also get a grasp of what we’re trying to do with each play. It’s not that much different. There’s just more options and more pieces to build more plays.”

Rosen displayed his grasp of concepts during training camp, becoming the standard his teammates tried to match. He said the Bruins on Monday started watching film of Texas A&M in preparation for their Sept. 3 season opener.

“When you have a guy that’s at the pinnacle of his spot right now,” Fafaul said of Rosen, “everybody wants to chase that.” 

 

___________________

 

Yeah sounds like his teammates f*cking hate him 🤔.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mogglez    2,750
On 8/2/2017 at 2:02 PM, Lupz27 said:

Lamar by all accounts from pro scouts will most likely be top 3 QB in this draft class. I'm pretty sure scouts, and team investigators will not give 2 sh*ts about what someone close to Rosen is spewing to hide his jerk off personality, and lack of leadership to put it lightly.

 

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

My QB assessments have been pretty spot on over the past few years once I started taking it seriously so I'll rest on that thanks.

 

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

No it's you spinning a story to fit your agenda, ANYONE with a brain could see Jameis was a future star way ahead of Hack after their freshman years, also Darnold was good enough to start, and everyone, and their mother besides the stupid HC new it so again keep spinning it any way you want even thou you actually agree Darnold is the guy to draft next year, AND IMO if you don't land him you don't waste 5 years on the other maybe prospects coming out when you have a one, and a generational edge rushers in Arden Key also coming out, scouts touting him better then Garret, and Clowney by a lot.  Josh Allen is Patrick Mahomes 3 inches taller, and with out that it factor, and ability to make plays happen, he is a elite arm with sh*tty stats against bad competition who most scouts say would have been a 3rd day prospect if he came out this year, and he smartly didn't, Rosen well you know my stance on Rosen, Jackson is a running QB no thanks, the Auburn kid, and Western Kentucky kid I have yet to look at so I can't speak on them.

So to me next year it's Darnold, or Key in that order, both are difference makers at a position that wins football games the likes the Jets haven't seen in decades.

Lol. Can't be wrong when you flip flop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hitman Harris    217
9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Broadway Jew.

 

That's made me laugh harder than anything jets relaetd in a ling time... No we MUST pick this dude just for the headlines 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hitman Harris    217
7 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Please G-d, let the Jet's be saved by a Jew.

Tannenbaum?

 

we had our shot... we done goofed 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JetFaninMI    434

3 offensive coordinators in 3 years? Hell if the Jets pick him at least he will be used to the coaching carousel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awesumtenor    38
15 hours ago, Pcola said:

 

FWIW, in the Jets preview on RealGM, they said Darnold is a better QB at this point of his career than Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston, and Mathew Stafford.

 

Some said the same thing about Johnny Manziel...how'd that work out? Not saying Rosen is Manziel...but his arrogance does raise that spectre...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BCJet    198
15 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

Some said the same thing about Johnny Manziel...how'd that work out? Not saying Rosen is Manziel...but his arrogance does raise that spectre...

I would be shocked beyond belief if a scout ever compared Manziel to Andrew Luck and said that Manziel was a better prospect.  Manziel was a borderline first round pick, aside from his attitude and Luck was a full blow consensus #1 overall pick for the entire college season.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
#27TheDominator    203,581
24 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

Some said the same thing about Johnny Manziel...how'd that work out? Not saying Rosen is Manziel...but his arrogance does raise that spectre...

Bleacher Report is not some.  They are nobody. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt39    35,845

D1 athletes at these major colleges have it easier than anyone. It's amazing how people fall for this. But doesnt Rosen suck anyways?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pcola    306
1 hour ago, Awesumtenor said:

Some said the same thing about Johnny Manziel...how'd that work out? Not saying Rosen is Manziel...but his arrogance does raise that spectre...

The article was referring to Darnold.  But on Rosen, partying and heavy alcohol and drug use aren't his issues.

Right now there are 5 QBs with potential to blossom into stardom, not including Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield.  I'm sure at least a couple of them flame out like Browning did last year.  

Even if Darnold stays in school, the Jets look like they will have the top pick and then could solve the pass rush issue we've had for 10 years by getting the LSU defender.  Then just take Darnold in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chirorob    1,490
17 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

19 games? Where do I sign up for THAT!

Before this year, so if he's healthy he should have 31-32.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bugg    40,263
17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'm trying to think of the great QB who wasn't also an arrogant psychopath, especially in college. Coming up empty.

Off the top of my head, Tom Brady,Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning are not exactly wilting violets. Being an arrogant douchebag, while not a requirement, appears to come with the job. Heck, even Pennington had a big attitude. QB is the center of attention, it's going to attract guys who like that. Even in the case of idiots who wear Che Guevara t-shirts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bugg    40,263
1 hour ago, Pcola said:

The article was referring to Darnold.  But on Rosen, partying and heavy alcohol and drug use aren't his issues.

Right now there are 5 QBs with potential to blossom into stardom, not including Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield.  I'm sure at least a couple of them flame out like Browning did last year.  

Even if Darnold stays in school, the Jets look like they will have the top pick and then could solve the pass rush issue we've had for 10 years by getting the LSU defender.  Then just take Darnold in 2019.

So we can have a proficient passing offense sometime before we all die? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flgreen    23,536
8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Off the top of my head, Tom Brady,Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning are not exactly wilting violets. Being an arrogant douchebag, while not a requirement, appears to come with the job. Heck, even Pennington had a big attitude. QB is the center of attention, it's going to attract guys who like that. Even in the case of idiots who wear Che Guevara t-shirts. 

Not that I disagree with your point, but he's an economics major who wants to get his MBA, and own the world.  Kind of makes me think that the Che t-shirt was just trying to be cool in college.

IMO if Rosen is good this year, he'll do a lot of liberal talking, and live like a robber baron.  Should fit in perfect in NYC 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×