Camp Updates Wed 8/9

Maxman

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Here's a first: Christian Hackenberg starts out as the Jets' No. 1 QB in team drills.

And on the sixth play of the team period, Jets QB Christian Hackenberg is picked off. So much for seizing the moment.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As I said the other day our great D will be in for a surprise when they actually face real NFL offenses.

I kind of agree, this is all so similar to 2011 & 2012. Hearing the D dominated but then during games..... lets hope it is not a repeat.

15 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Here's a first: Christian Hackenberg starts out as the Jets' No. 1 QB in team drills.

And on the sixth play of the team period, Jets QB Christian Hackenberg is picked off. So much for seizing the moment.

Rich fails to mention the TE did not look for the ball

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Every day I read these tweets, and every day it seems like Hack and McCown are ******* up... while Petty quiety makes big plays. I might be wrong. Just the impression I'm left with.

seems that way. Petty sure makes you kinda want to root for him.....

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Like it was custom ordered by @T0mShane and @dbatesman. Cheers!

The narrative with this trend is that it's not Hack, it's that Burris can't keep up with Robby.

I think the narrative with this trend is that Hack would be a pretty good QB if go-routes were all you needed to win football games.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Every day I read these tweets, and every day it seems like Hack and McCown are ******* up... while Petty quiety makes big plays. I might be wrong. Just the impression I'm left with.

Yup.  Will be interesting to see it ourselves as opposed to reading tweets when preseason begins.

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I think the narrative with this trend is that Hack would be a pretty good QB if go-routes were all you needed to win football games.

Buddy Ryan rotated his qbs based on down and distance. Jaworski in some situations, Cunningham in others.

On second thought, let's not do that.

The west coast offense, with short timing throws, could possibly be a better fit for Petty as it has more pre-determined reads then what Gailey ran.

When first Petty started last year, he had very few plays where he had to move through his progressions.  This offense, could simply be a better fit for his skill set.

Will be an interesting preseason at least.

36 minutes ago, BCJet said:

The west coast offense, with short timing throws, could possibly be a better fit for Petty as it has more pre-determined reads then what Gailey ran.

When first Petty started last year, he had very few plays where he had to move through his progressions.  This offense, could simply be a better fit for his skill set.

Will be an interesting preseason at least.

My primary hope is that the Coaches can play the best QB.  If it is Petty, play him.  Petty has another year in the pros-makes a big difference.  It does not have to be an irreversible Hack negative.

Jets practice ends with Christian Hackenberg's second interception. This was a missed opportunity for Hackenberg, who got the majority of the first-team reps for the first time in camp -- an indication he will play a lot in the preseason opener. He completed 12 of 20 with two TDs and two picks. Bryce Petty (8-for-12) had a solid day, with two TDs. Josh McCown (4-for-5) didn't see much action, probably a sign he won't play much Saturday night. Does anybody want this job?

Jets injury report: Nothing much has changed. RBs Matt Forte (hamstring) and Bilal Powell (neck) remained on the sideline. It's unlikely they will play on Saturday night against the Titans. LB Lorenzo Mauldin (back) also sat out. LB Frank Beltre, who has flashed at times, sat out after injuring his groin yesterday.

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

Jets practice ends with Christian Hackenberg's second interception. This was a missed opportunity for Hackenberg, who got the majority of the first-team reps for the first time in camp -- an indication he will play a lot in the preseason opener. He completed 12 of 20 with two TDs and two picks. Bryce Petty (8-for-12) had a solid day, with two TDs. Josh McCown (4-for-5) didn't see much action, probably a sign he won't play much Saturday night. Does anybody want this job?

How soul-crushing will it be for the media if Petty wins the job outright? 

17 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Saying "Does anybody want this job?" really pisses me off when you just get done saying Petty went 8/12 with 2 TDs.  Yeah, guess he doesn't want the job... 

With that said, if Petty does well and gets screwed over by the CS, I will join in on the Bowles hate. 

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Saying "Does anybody want this job?" really pisses me off when you just get done saying Petty went 8/12 with 2 TDs.  Yeah, guess he doesn't want the job... 

With that said, if Petty does well and gets screwed over by the CS, I will join in on the Bowles hate. 

Crazy how that keeps happening 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

See this the Jets secret plan; let the one guy playing consistently well rot while we revive another old QB in McCown!!

29 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Hack Progress:  Completed 60% of his passes to his own team.  I actually think its good.  I think one interception was the TE's fault.

Archived