I'm rooting for Hackenberg.

SenorGato

WHY NOT HIM? Every reason possible, but I am rooting for Hackenberg! The Jets can only Jets their way into a QB. They can't do it by the book - 3 years/30+ starts, 60% completion on ~1000 passes + bowl game success, maybe preferably not a junior - they have to bumble and fumble their way into one. In comes a QB that managed to somehow take the heat off Paterno and Sandusky at Penn State by pissing everyone off at the footaball while checking just one of those boxes.

Maybe there's a silver lining somewhere? How many guys log 30+ college starts between the ages of 18-20? Maybe that can be a thing? I'm too lazy to attempt at making that a thing make it a thing. Go Hackenberg!

16 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

WHY NOT HIM? Every reason possible, but I am rooting for Hackenberg! The Jets can only Jets their way into a QB. They can't do it by the book - 3 years/30+ starts, 60% completion on ~1000 passes + bowl game success, maybe preferably not a junior - they have to bumble and fumble their way into one. In comes a QB that managed to somehow take the heat off Paterno and Sandusky at Penn State by pissing everyone off at the footaball while checking just one of those boxes.

Maybe there's a silver lining somewhere? How many guys log 30+ college starts between the ages of 18-20? Maybe that can be a thing? I'm too lazy to attempt at making that a thing make it a thing. Go Hackenberg!

And I'm rooting for Olivia Munn's open mouth to, one day, fall on my penis.

It's healthy to have dreams! Great on you!

Well yeah, because you root for the Jets.

Everybody who roots for the Jets should root for Jets players.

Even if one finds it improbable that he'll succeed you should absolutely WANT him to. Him and every other player on the team, especially the younger ones.

I think the point to remember with Hackenberg was that he was drafted with the understanding that his development would take a few years. Last year doesn't even count as he wasn't getting practice reps, and barely some scout team reps by years end.

He's 22, first time learning a complex west coast system, and is already about even with McCown and Petty. Thats encouraging to me, especially coming from someone who "couldnt hit the ocean," "hitting reporters on sidelines instead of wr's," etc.

I don't expect him to be able to play to a level of him being universally declared the franchise quarterback by season's end (especially with this offense). But I am hoping and expecting him to show a lot of potential in becoming that by next season.

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

. Last year doesn't even count as he wasn't getting practice reps, and barely some scout team reps by years end.

He was recovering from a double amputation and was still in a medically induced coma last year. Don't know how people missed that.

There is way too much scrutinization regarding the NFL in this day & age. Paralysis by providing second by second development. Years ago a QB developed by taking his lumps. Now, a guy throws a ball 3 feet over the WRs head and it's a headline in a write up of practice. None of us can be sure what the Jets have in Hackenberg. Unfortunately I think Petty sucks based on his lame outing in the rain last year (harsh maybe by me but he just doesn't seem to be a QB that can take a clean snap).

I love the fact that Hack has just turned 22 years old, looks much stronger this year (have you seen him? Dude built now with solid base  & strong legs which help with you throwing. For most QBs they develop in increments, they need to run a huddle, learn snap counts, go through progressions, step up in the pocket, get rid of the ball when pressured, it's a lot of stuff.

And that's just the beginning. Once they learn the basics they need to refine all of these things, pull a defense offside, quick snaps, QB sneaks, looking off safeties, hurry up, 2 minute offense. 

Please, please, please lord, let the Hack be our answer.

9 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

Well yeah, because you root for the Jets.

Everybody who roots for the Jets should root for Jets players.

Even if one finds it improbable that he'll succeed you should absolutely WANT him to. Him and every other player on the team, especially the younger ones.

Jet fans should be rooting for Petty or Hack, but not McKnown. We do not need to save Bowles job by being "competitive". 

We need to sink or swim with one of the unknowns. Mac got rid of all Bowles safety blankets accept QB. I just do not want to see him unless he's going over the aerial shots with the starter on the sidelines. 

Anyone see Mr. Bobble head Glennon throw a pick 6 on his first pass last night? Everyone here wanted him, he looked horrible last night. Then after, did anyone see Mr. Trubisky move the Bears up and down the field? I would like to see Hack &/or Petty be able to do that, albeit against seconds and thirds, but it would bring a lot of confidence in the locker room and with us fans.

BTW Deshaun Watson looked real good on Wednesday as well, why wasn't he good enough for us?

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

The bets thing that could happen to the Jets is that Hackenberg truns into a legitimate starting caliber NFL QB. I am rooting for him also.

Not to the people who called him shlt and a bust before seeing him play.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Why not him?  Atrocious footwork.  Astoundingly inaccurate arm.  Given two tries, can't figure out how to organize and exit his huddle.  Next.

Your really going to hold on to that ? By these standards no QB would make it out of TC .

The fact that the media made a big deal out of this just shows how far they'll stoop to sell a story and that there are many out here who are willing to take these sh*t stirrers words as gospel.

12 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Your really going to hold on to that ? By these standards no QB would make it out of TC .

The fact that the media made a big deal out of this just shows how far they'll stoop to sell a story and that there are many out here who are willing to take these sh*t stirrers words as gospel.

Not an end of the world moment.  But when was the last time you can recall that a supposed "franchise QB" was taken off the field in practice after pulling a stunt like that?  Exactly.   Everything I've ever heard associated with Hack makes me think the friggin' kid has had the worst training/coaching imaginable.  Now after he has a clear opportunity to win the starting job where does Hack find himself?  Third on the depth chart.  Unacceptable.

Hack will get his chance sooner or later and like most QBs it is what you do with it, you have to be VERY good when you get your snot , not just fair.  Even if the jets draft a Qb next year hack will still be around imo unless he is totally dreadful.

8 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

We can hope and pray Hack turns into a top 10 QB and makes McCag exec of the year again (this time deservedly)

Like most here (and the GM) I keep ruminating what his ceiling is and I keep coming up with Richard Todd. Weird right?

His ceiling is best QB in the NFL but his floor is pretty low.

I think he is going to be the guy.

31 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Not an end of the world moment.  But when was the last time you can recall that a supposed "franchise QB" was taken off the field in practice after pulling a stunt like that?  Exactly.   Everything I've ever heard associated with Hack makes me think the friggin' kid has had the worst training/coaching imaginable.  Now after he has a clear opportunity to win the starting job where does Hack find himself?  Third on the depth chart.  Unacceptable.

Because this proves he cant throw or lead an offense.  What a player does in one practice, early in camp is what he will be until the end of time.  

Depth chart is by seniority, people were told to not look into in as anything more than a list.  

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

It happens all the time but beat writers for other teams don't have an agenda against the teams they are covering like the vulture in the NY media. TC is a time for young players to learn and be taught , those moments happen in every TC session I've ever been at , it may not have always been with the QB , but nonetheless it happens , it should not have been a story .

Archived