Forum Upgrade Complete

14 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Looking good, although two quick things that came to mind while moving around that I was curious about:

1.  Would it be possible to move the notifications item onto the bar that stays at the top of page when you scroll down?  Notifications currently just sticks at the top of the page, so unless you immediately click on that pop-up link, you'd have to scroll back to the top for it.  Not a huge deal, but it's something that I think is very readily used for things the reply notifications, so the more handy it can be, the better.

2.  With the current design, is there any simple way to jump directly between the different forums?

Actually I installed it, for # 2 it doesn't work the way I thought. it isn't a toggle so to speak.

But check this out in case you are interested:  

T

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

How can this possibly be true when we don't have a thread where Ragu and Stokes are fighting it out?  Come on, dude.

I used to be on that site but found there to be too much bs and not enough football!

Ever since the change, it appears I cannot access content on my mobile device (iPhone) via either tapatalk or the JN app...I can see the forum topics, but when I try to browse a thread it says "there is a problem with the forum.  Please contact forum admin".  On my mobile device my login is also not working?  weird...as I can access the site on my computer ...the error message when attempting to login via mobile device on the app says "server error occurred: '1 call to undefined method IPS\Member::checkloginKey () (MbqRdEtUser.php:114)"

ideas?  any help appreciated!

5 hours ago, jamesr said:

Is Tapatalk working OK for anyone else? I'm getting errors on any thread I try to open.

Damn I forgot about that I think I need to update Tapatalk. I'll check it out tomorrow sorry.

2 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Ever since the change, it appears I cannot access content on my mobile device (iPhone) via either tapatalk or the JN app...I can see the forum topics, but when I try to browse a thread it says "there is a problem with the forum.  Please contact forum admin".  On my mobile device my login is also not working?  weird...as I can access the site on my computer ...the error message when attempting to login via mobile device on the app says "server error occurred: '1 call to undefined method IPS\Member::checkloginKey () (MbqRdEtUser.php:114)"

I think I need to upgrade both. I'll get them fixed tomorrow sorry about that.

On 8/11/2017 at 10:23 AM, Ken Shroy said:

I like the fresh look Max. Just want to mention that some buttons don't appear on IE, post etc. Using Chrome, no biggie.

12 hours ago, jamesr said:

Is Tapatalk working OK for anyone else? I'm getting errors on any thread I try to open.

11 hours ago, tfine said:

My iphone app doesn't work anymore after the upgrade. Give me an error when i try to log in.

8 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

6 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Me too!

I have made some programming changes that should fix Internet Explorer, there were known bugs so CSS changes have been applied. It just worked for me when I loaded up IE.

I also updated the version of Tapatalk and have updated our mobile app. (There is still cleanup needed in both of these but they should be working.

If anyone sees problems in IE, Tapatalk or the mobile app just let me know. But they are all working for me now. I can't test on iPhone only Android but I think they push the changes out immediately so hopefully that is okay as well.

Thanks!

I have made some programming changes that should fix Internet Explorer, there were known bugs so CSS changes have been applied. It just worked for me when I loaded up IE.
I also updated the version of Tapatalk and have updated our mobile app. (There is still cleanup needed in both of these but they should be working.
If anyone sees problems in IE, Tapatalk or the mobile app just let me know. But they are all working for me now. I can't test on iPhone only Android but I think they push the changes out immediately so hopefully that is okay as well.
Thanks!

Thanks Max! Tapatalk is connecting fine this morning (testing out that I can reply to threads right here).

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Hey @Maxman one thing I wanted to request after last nights live game thread.  Anyway to move the notification and messages icon in the top right down to the left of the search bar or move the search bar in and put notification and message icons to the right of it.  Reason being when you scroll down through the page it disappears requiring you to scroll all the way back to the top in order to click on it and see the messages or notifications.  Would be nice if we didn't need to scroll all the way back up to take a quick look at the notifications.

Future feature request:  Unless I'm missing it, is there a way to increase the amount of posts displayed per page?  Right now it looks like default is 25.  Would it be possible to add options for 50 and/or 100? 

37 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Hey @Maxman one thing I wanted to request after last nights live game thread.  Anyway to move the notification and messages icon in the top right down to the left of the search bar or move the search bar in and put notification and message icons to the right of it.  Reason being when you scroll down through the page it disappears requiring you to scroll all the way back to the top in order to click on it and see the messages or notifications.  Would be nice if we didn't need to scroll all the way back up to take a quick look at the notifications.

Future feature request:  Unless I'm missing it, is there a way to increase the amount of posts displayed per page?  Right now it looks like default is 25.  Would it be possible to add options for 50 and/or 100? 

We can move that stuff around but I'd have to pay someone to create a custom theme for us. I'm going to look into the notifications a few people have mentioned that, that one might be easier to accomplish.

The number of posts per page can definitely be set under your user CP. Check in there and let me know if you can't find it if not I'll post an exact link thanks.

Thanks!

Both now working well for me also...thanks Max!!

41 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We can move that stuff around but I'd have to pay someone to create a custom theme for us. I'm going to look into the notifications a few people have mentioned that, that one might be easier to accomplish.

The number of posts per page can definitely be set under your user CP. Check in there and let me know if you can't find it if not I'll post an exact link thanks.

Yeah I can't seem to find it in my CP.  I've looked under account settings and profile but don't see anywhere I can set any variables for the forum itself.  I have a notification settings area but that doesn't seem to be it.  I guess I will need some additional direction to where its located. lol

When you have time though, no rush.

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

Sorry it was desktop.  Everything including the Mobile app seems to be working better.

Awesome, thanks. Let me know if you have any issues. The load times all around should be much better due to several changes.

4 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Yeah I can't seem to find it in my CP.  I've looked under account settings and profile but don't see anywhere I can set any variables for the forum itself.  I have a notification settings area but that doesn't seem to be it.  I guess I will need some additional direction to where its located. lol

When you have time though, no rush.

Thanks!

Actually I just looked. Seems like it is a global setting right now that is set to 25. I just moved it to 30, for topics and posts per page. Let's see how that does and then we can adjust it as needed. I am not sure if there are any performance concerns if I make it much higher than that.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Actually I just looked. Seems like it is a global setting right now that is set to 25. I just moved it to 30, for topics and posts per page. Let's see how that does and then we can adjust it as needed. I am not sure if there are any performance concerns if I make it much higher than that.

Thanks!

Is it possible to add a post count for each thread?  The feature has been missing for a long time now and we once had it.  See post #60

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Is it possible to add a post count for each thread?  The feature has been missing for a long time now and we once had it.  See post #60

There was a plugin for that, I installed it but it never worked right. 

I just looked and the plugin still exists but it hasn't been updated for 4.2. I will send a note to the plugin author and if he updates it I will install it. Hopefully having him look at it for 4.2 fixes what didn't work the first time.

I am not sure if he will respond, but I will try. Thanks.

11 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

@Maxman

Is it possible to shorten the quotes like on Xen Foro boards? Some posts are really long and when someone quotes that post, it is a long slide down when you read the board on your phone. 

Unfortunately they don't have that option. If you don't want to read long \ unimportant posts I recommend you put @Sperm Edwards on ignore. That did the trick for me lol.

22 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I at times keep getting 'insecure connection' errors from this site, firefox tags the site as insecure and will not let me proceed.  this seems to happen off and on.  this is the only site in which it occurs.

I received a notice from google webmaster tools that they were going to start showing that message. The fix is I have to upgrade the server to SSL (https://).  I am trying to get that done this week, by the weekend and the latest. I have to buy and validate the certificate and then I can install it.

Thanks!

Archived