Reputation \ Reactions

Reputation System (Likes vs Reactions)  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Let us know what you prefer. The old reputation + / - system or the new like buttons (reactions)?

• Like + / -
    • Reaction (emojis)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/10/2017 at 11:14 PM, T0mShane said:

I remember waking up to the messages, "was up until 4:30 trying to upload Pitfall into the arcade. Think I figured it out but I need to write another 2000 lines of code and I have to get to work." And I'd be like, "we have an arcade?"

we had an arcade? and it had pitfall?

I like the emjois except for the buttfumble.  how about instead of the smileys and buttfumble we have different moments in jets history.  a love would be Joe w/ his finger in the air after SB III, a like is Joe Klecko, a laugh may be Jason taylor crying after we beat them, sad would be Vinny in agony after his injury, etc...

52 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks for bumping this. Pretty close vote right now.

Let's give it until Friday night and then we will go with whatever the majority wants.

We all look forward to the deciding swing votes that will be upcoming from new board members Faxman, Taxman, and Waxman.

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

We all look forward to the deciding swing votes that will be upcoming from new board members Faxman, Taxman, and Waxman.

My fake accounts are all long gone. If you click the count you will see who voted for each option. All real members. Please keep the rep integrity and avoid reporting fake news otherwise I will have no choice but to refuse to allow you to ask questions in the future lol.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:44 PM, Maxman said:

Thanks for bumping this. Pretty close vote right now.

Let's give it until Friday night and then we will go with whatever the majority wants.

It is past midnight. Friday is over. Emojis lost.  36 votes for old system and 33 for new system. :) 

12 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

It is past midnight. Friday is over. Emojis lost.  36 votes for old system and 33 for new system. :) 

I received a PM asking for the thread, but I wasn't around. Other people wanted to vote. I should have pinned this, my bad.

Let's pin in and give people until Monday night to vote. Vote count on Monday night at 8pm will be official.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I received a PM asking for the thread, but I wasn't around. Other people wanted to vote. I should have pinned this, my bad.

Let's pin in and give people until Monday night to vote. Vote count on Monday night at 8pm will be official.

Thanks!

Could you announce who the starting QB is while your at it.  Thanks

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks!

So you're hoping maybe the 27th time will be the charm for you?

1 hour ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Don't think I voted already, but it doesn't look like I can vote.  What's happening?

What do you plan on voting for? Depending on your answer I might be able to help lol.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

So you're hoping maybe the 27th time will be the charm for you?

We are running a fair contest here. Please write your concerns on a piece of paper and put them in the suggestion box. :)

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Might I suggest a compromise option? We limit it to four emoji options:

1. Upvote

2. Downvote

3. POTW NOM (trophy icon)

4. Butt fumble

the POTW nom gets auto-tallied and we award the POTW thing again. Boom. 

That's a crazy good idea.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

1. Upvote

2. Downvote

4. Butt fumble

This, I can live with. 

Back in the day when 1-900 numbers were pretty new and CNN would have a poll each night on some question or other of meaty import and the public would pay 50 cents to call in and register their opinions... Well anyhow, one night the question was a three-choice question with the choices being "yes", "no" or "no opinion".  I remember thinking it strange later that night to find out that 25% (give or take) of the voting public paid 50 cents each for the privilege of recording the fact that they had no opinion.

And so it fgoes

On 8/11/2017 at 7:48 AM, NYs Stepchild said:

I would suggest that with each neg rep your typeset gets smaller.

Some real world incentive would really improve the discourse around here. 

Thank you and have a pleasant tomorrow. 

I love the smaller type idea.  Another idea is that after a certain amount of political posts, your typeset begins to get a lighter and lighter grey until you are posting white on white.

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

Back in the day when 1-900 numbers were pretty new and CNN would have a poll each night on some question or other of meaty import and the public would pay 50 cents to call in and register their opinions... Well anyhow, one night the question was a three-choice question with the choices being "yes", "no" or "no opinion".  I remember thinking it strange later that night to find out that 25% (give or take) of the voting public paid 50 cents each for the privilege of recording the fact that they had no opinion.

And so it fgoes

lol. 

4 hours ago, EM31 said:

And so it fgoes

Reminds me of help boards where someone takes the time to answer your question to tell you that they don't know, or even better to tell you to go to the mechanic, or ask if it's under warranty. 

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Upvote

2. Downvote

4. Butt fumble

butt fumble is just stupid.  It was mildly humorous... generating a partial chuckle, for about 3-4 seconds.  Now it's just dumb.  Really dumb.  

11 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

I was thinking of the like-only system. Guess my vote is destined for the toilet?

Not at all. I just checked, you already voted for the Like + / - system. Please see the screen print. If you click the # next to any vote you can see who voted for that option. Your vote has been registered, no hanging chads here.

Like.PNG

48 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Not at all. I just checked, you already voted for the Like + / - system. Please see the screen print. If you click the # next to any vote you can see who voted for that option. Your vote has been registered, no hanging chads here.

Like.PNG

Well how convenient that we just have to take your word for it, considering that's mysteriously unavailable to the opposition.

But seriously, doesn't seem us regular poster folk can access who cast the votes.  Can see the #s, but they can't be clicked.

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Upvote

2. Downvote

4. Butt fumble

Butt Fumble should count for triple the negative rep (insomuch as anyone cares about such things)

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Like.PNG

Thanks. Just curious though. I seem to remember in the past polls would always include a notification of who you voted for. Don't see that with this poll. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Archived