Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Reputation \ Reactions

Reputation System (Likes vs Reactions)  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Let us know what you prefer. The old reputation + / - system or the new like buttons (reactions)?

• Like + / -
    • Reaction (emojis)

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
5 hours ago, Dcat said:

overkill. 

Yeah maybe too many. Could just have:

1. Joe Willy (double positive)

2. Up vote (positive)

3. Down vote (negative)

4. Butt Fumble (double negative)

by definition, neutral doesn't make sense. If you have a reaction to something how can it be neutral?

On 8/10/2017 at 10:03 PM, Maxman said:

As I mentioned in the other thread we just upgraded the site to IPB 4.2 and we are currently working on the theme. There are many new benefits but for now:

1) Thanks for your patience while we create the theme (paint the walls) 

-and-

2) Let us know what you prefer. The old reputation + / - system or the new like buttons (reactions). We can go with either system, just vote and tell us what you want.

Thanks.

reset them to zero :P

I like the new look. I'm good either way on everything else. I'm just happy to have a place to go for Jets stuff. You really learn to appreciate these things when living outside of NY.

On 8/12/2017 at 3:14 AM, jgb said:

Yeah maybe too many. Could just have:

1. Joe Willy (double positive)

2. Up vote (positive)

3. Down vote (negative)

4. Butt Fumble (double negative)

by definition, neutral doesn't make sense. If you have a reaction to something how can it be neutral?

Well you can have a neutral reaction to something. Its also called not giving a F%$& about it. So I guess by not replying it would mean the same thing. Why not name it something more colorful like Switzerland(disregard blatant attempt to be young and hip here)?

On 8/11/2017 at 9:00 PM, Maxman said:

I kind of prefer the Emojis. Makes me feel young and hip.

Oh yeah!  Young and hip!!!  But that brings us to the eternal question..........   What, exactly, is hip?

that said, don't really like the emojis.  

Young and hip vs. old and curmudgeonly.  

On 8/10/2017 at 11:14 PM, T0mShane said:

I remember waking up to the messages, "was up until 4:30 trying to upload Pitfall into the arcade. Think I figured it out but I need to write another 2000 lines of code and I have to get to work." And I'd be like, "we have an arcade?"

we had an arcade? and it had pitfall?

I like the emjois except for the buttfumble.  how about instead of the smileys and buttfumble we have different moments in jets history.  a love would be Joe w/ his finger in the air after SB III, a like is Joe Klecko, a laugh may be Jason taylor crying after we beat them, sad would be Vinny in agony after his injury, etc...

8 hours ago, BallinPB said:

bump

Thanks for bumping this. Pretty close vote right now.

Let's give it until Friday night and then we will go with whatever the majority wants.

52 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Let's give it until Friday night and then we will go with whatever the majority wants.

We all look forward to the deciding swing votes that will be upcoming from new board members Faxman, Taxman, and Waxman.

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

We all look forward to the deciding swing votes that will be upcoming from new board members Faxman, Taxman, and Waxman.

My fake accounts are all long gone. If you click the count you will see who voted for each option. All real members. Please keep the rep integrity and avoid reporting fake news otherwise I will have no choice but to refuse to allow you to ask questions in the future lol.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:44 PM, Maxman said:

It is past midnight. Friday is over. Emojis lost.  36 votes for old system and 33 for new system. :) 

12 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

It is past midnight. Friday is over. Emojis lost.  36 votes for old system and 33 for new system. :) 

I received a PM asking for the thread, but I wasn't around. Other people wanted to vote. I should have pinned this, my bad.

Let's pin in and give people until Monday night to vote. Vote count on Monday night at 8pm will be official.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I received a PM asking for the thread, but I wasn't around. Other people wanted to vote. I should have pinned this, my bad.

Let's pin in and give people until Monday night to vote. Vote count on Monday night at 8pm will be official.

Thanks!

Could you announce who the starting QB is while your at it.  Thanks

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks!

So you're hoping maybe the 27th time will be the charm for you?

1 hour ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Don't think I voted already, but it doesn't look like I can vote.  What's happening?

What do you plan on voting for? Depending on your answer I might be able to help lol.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

So you're hoping maybe the 27th time will be the charm for you?

We are running a fair contest here. Please write your concerns on a piece of paper and put them in the suggestion box. :)