How To Watch NFL Preseason Games

Ghost

Preseason is one of my favorite times of the year, because watching the 2nd and 3rd strings is actually interesting to me. I live in PA, and I was wondering how other out-of-state fans watch these Jets games. 

Toodles. 

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Preseason is one of my favorite times of the year, because watching the 2nd and 3rd strings is actually interesting to me. I live in PA, and I was wondering how other out-of-state fans watch these Jets games. 

Toodles. 

I watch them like I watch the regular season games.  With my International Gamepass and VPN.  

But the eyepatch wearing rift raft can try their hand at reddit.com/r/nflstreams

They post the streams generally 15 mins - right up to kickoff.  Make sure you have antivirus and popup blocker b/c you are using this method at your own risk.

A cheaper option that I haven't tested out yet is DAZN.com  If you get a vpn and connect to Canada you can sub for 20 bucks a month.  DAZN bought the rights for Gamepass, Redzone and Sunday Ticket and stream all games in HD, NFL network and I think all replays plus you will get a few other leagues like rugby and stuff if that interests you too.

Actually, the NFL Network will show all of the games (just not live); The Jet game is scheduled to be aired Sunday morning at 7:00 am; I also heard that you can watch them live using NFL Game Pass (about $100 a year - get to see all of the regular season games too, but delayed)

47 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I watch them like I watch the regular season games.  With my International Gamepass and VPN.  

But the eyepatch wearing rift raft can try their hand at reddit.com/r/nflstreams

They post the streams generally 15 mins - right up to kickoff.  Make sure you have antivirus and popup blocker b/c you are using this method at your own risk.

A cheaper option that I haven't tested out yet is DAZN.com  If you get a vpn and connect to Canada you can sub for 20 bucks a month.  DAZN bought the rights for Gamepass, Redzone and Sunday Ticket and stream all games in HD, NFL network and I think all replays plus you will get a few other leagues like rugby and stuff if that interests you too.

How much does the international game pass run strategy run you? Do you use a free VPN?  I tried signing up for something last year but the game was used in a pop up that didnt work with my VPN.

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

How much does the international game pass run strategy run you? Do you use a free VPN?  I tried signing up for something last year but the game was used in a pop up that didnt work with my VPN.

I do use a paid VPN.  Its the only reliable way to truly be secure.  Free VPNs still sell your information and log your traffic.  I use Private Internet Access (PIA) and I pay like 40 bucks for the whole year for the VPN service.  The international gamepass is 179.99 for the whole year, includes NFL Network, Redzone, every game live and you get everything on demand too.  This includes the All-22 film as well from what I was reading.  If you get it and continue to use it the renewal prices are usually 125.00.  I connect to the UK and haven't had any issues from a bandwidth standpoint, I watched 4 games simultaneously last night at 4.3Mbps which gave me really sharp HD quality.  I have a 100Mb download/20upload though so you may want to make sure you have a fast download speed.  

NFL Gamepass does give you a free 7 day trial before billing you so it doesn't hurt to connect to the UK and go to nflgamepass.com (make sure you connect to the UK first before going to the site or you will be redirected to the US 99.99 for only preseason and replays) and sign up for a free trial and give it a shot.  If you wait until tomorrow to start the trial you'll get 2 Jet Preseason games out of for free if you cancel before the trial ends.

If the 179.99 sounds like a lot think about how much Sunday Ticket is ripping people off.  They are charging 69.99 per month for Sunday Ticket online.  Its outrageous 4 months will cost you almost 300 dollars!  I think 180/125 is a fair deal for all the content they offer.

2 years ago I was able to stream my Dad's cable to my TV with some weird app.  Does anything like that exist now?  They stole that laptop and I can't find it anywhere.  If I could do that I would be set.  I have a cable box in my Brooklyn apartment upstairs from my parents, but I want to stream it to DC.  I thought that is what sling box did, but they seem to have all this subscription nonsense.  I literally refuse to pay another monthly fee for anything.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

2 years ago I was able to stream my Dad's cable to my TV with some weird app.  Does anything like that exist now?  They stole that laptop and I can't find it anywhere.  If I could do that I would be set.  I have a cable box in my Brooklyn apartment upstairs from my parents, but I want to stream it to DC.  I thought that is what sling box did, but they seem to have all this subscription nonsense.  I literally refuse to pay another monthly fee for anything.

What cable service?  They probably offer streaming services now in general.  I know xfinity and Fios do.  You just log in with your Dads account on their website.  Otherwise yes Slingbox is what you are thinking of. 

11 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I do use a paid VPN.  Its the only reliable way to truly be secure.  Free VPNs still sell your information and log your traffic.  I use Private Internet Access (PIA) and I pay like 40 bucks for the whole year for the VPN service.  The international gamepass is 179.99 for the whole year, includes NFL Network, Redzone, every game live and you get everything on demand too.  This includes the All-22 film as well from what I was reading.  If you get it and continue to use it the renewal prices are usually 125.00.  I connect to the UK and haven't had any issues from a bandwidth standpoint, I watched 4 games simultaneously last night at 4.3Mbps which gave me really sharp HD quality.  I have a 100Mb download/20upload though so you may want to make sure you have a fast download speed.  

NFL Gamepass does give you a free 7 day trial before billing you so it doesn't hurt to connect to the UK and go to nflgamepass.com (make sure you connect to the UK first before going to the site or you will be redirected to the US 99.99 for only preseason and replays) and sign up for a free trial and give it a shot.  If you wait until tomorrow to start the trial you'll get 2 Jet Preseason games out of for free if you cancel before the trial ends.

If the 179.99 sounds like a lot think about how much Sunday Ticket is ripping people off.  They are charging 69.99 per month for Sunday Ticket online.  Its outrageous 4 months will cost you almost 300 dollars!  I think 180/125 is a fair deal for all the content they offer.

Okay thanks!  I might explore this because it is the most annoying thing to watch choppy streams.  

Just now, Drums said:

Okay thanks!  I might explore this because it is the most annoying thing to watch choppy streams.  

Agreed.  I used to do the website/choppy stream thing and it was infuriating.  I felt like the streams would be fine all the way up to the hike and as soon as the ball was hiked, frozen stream, unfrozen stream at whistle.  It used to drive me crazy!  I happily pay for the International Gamepass and since I don't have cable, its nice getting NFL network as well.

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

Agreed.  I used to do the website/choppy stream thing and it was infuriating.  I felt like the streams would be fine all the way up to the hike and as soon as the ball was hiked, frozen stream, unfrozen stream at whistle.  It used to drive me crazy!  I happily pay for the International Gamepass and since I don't have cable, its nice getting NFL network as well.

That's the worst part!  They are amazing for bs commentary and whatever else but once actual play starts it skips or freezes.  I can once in a while find an amazing stream (youtube streams are really good) but it isn't consistent enough to bank on.  My internet isn't very fast but I think it's good enough to keep a decent stream, if the stream was good.

5 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

What cable service?  They probably offer streaming services now in general.  I know xfinity and Fios do.  You just log in with your Dads account on their website.  Otherwise yes Slingbox is what you are thinking of. 

My dad has cablevision.  Please do not type xfinity again.  Every time you do a puppy dies.  I do not think that you get livee local TV with the streaming service.  It's a PITA.  Can you still just hook a slingbox up to the cable box and send it over the internet?  That would be sweet cause my Dad gets every team in NYC and I don't need all the crap I have on mine.  

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

My dad has cablevision.  Please do not type xfinity again.  Every time you do a puppy dies.  I do not think that you get livee local TV with the streaming service.  It's a PITA.  Can you still just hook a slingbox up to the cable box and send it over the internet?  That would be sweet cause my Dad gets every team in NYC and I don't need all the crap I have on mine.  

So this is a bit tricky.  I haven't tried it for sports but if it works like anything else what you would do is connect VPN to the same city the local sport is broadcast in, then go to the networks webpage.   So CBS or FOX.  Then click on their live TV link and pick your dads provider and then enter his account username/password and you will be streaming that specific local network.  I don't know enough about cablevision but if they offer digital packages then you should have access to any network live stream if your Dad subs to that channel package.

Give it a try Saturday night, you can even try with a free VPN for testing purposes :)

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

Actually, the NFL Network will show all of the games (just not live); The Jet game is scheduled to be aired Sunday morning at 7:00 am; I also heard that you can watch them live using NFL Game Pass (about $100 a year - get to see all of the regular season games too, but delayed)

Correct.

NFL Pass also includes condensed replays of all Reg season games as well as the All-22 (scouts view..no audio) for all reg season games. 

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Toodles. 

NFL Network Replay.

The Saturday Night game is on NFL Network at 7:00 am Sunday morning.

Sometimes the wait is much worse, but usually it's only a day or so.  

since the score doesn't count, you don't lose much if someone tells you the score, these are really only worth watching to watch young players, not to get a feel for the team as a whole (since oh so vanilla).

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Toodles. 

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I highly doubt NFL Network is going to pick the Jets out of all teams to be aired. 

Pretty sure the game is scheduled to be rebroadcast Sunday morning on NFLN

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I highly doubt NFL Network is going to pick the Jets out of all teams to be aired. 

heard an ad that they are going to air all 65 PS games, most won't be live though.

First row sports is a good place to watch games.  JUST DON'T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING THERE.

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Come to think about it, I recall multiple threads in the past about something that's similar to a "Pre-season pass" for about $20. I think it was on NFL.com, but I am not 100% sure. 

There used to be and the NFL got greedy and trashed it and rolled out the 99.99 domestic gamepass instead.  I think they got rid of it last year or the year before.  I used to get it.

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

What do you mean "connect to the uk"?  There isn't a nfl.co.uk. Would interested in hearing more on the technique

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

What do you mean "connect to the uk"?  There isn't a nfl.co.uk. Would interested in hearing more on the technique

VPN tunnels your connection privately and securely to another location.  So it makes the webpage think you are actually connecting to it from another location than your own.  If you try to go to nfl.co.uk while not connected to a VPN server in the UK or europe in general.  The webpage will know you are actually connecting from lets say NYC. It uses trace back routes and DNS entries to know who and where you are.  VPN masks all this information.  You can try right now, if you go to nflgamepass.com from a connection in the USA you will see it either will say you are trying to access a site that is not available in your region and redirect you to the US nfl domestic gamepass for 99.99 instead. (just tried this and it looks like it does the check before loading the page and automatically gives you the domestic gamepass page.  If you connect to a VPN server in UK and go to that site and then disconnect the VPN it will refresh and tell you you are trying to view a page not available in your region)

For more information on how this all works check out the "how it works" on private internet access (the VPN service I use)

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/how-it-works/

So if you get PIA VPN and International Gamepass you can stream everything on your computer or mobile device.  PIA has a mobile VPN client as well so you can connect to the UK on your phone and download and use the NFL gamepass app and on your computer you just need to go to the website nflgamepass.com after you connect to your vpn.

If you need any help or want more information I'll gladly offer assistance.

13 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

For just Preseason go here

https://gamepass.nfl.com/packages?redirected=true&icampaign=nfl-nav-gamepass

Sign up for free trail. Cancel. Sign up again with different email for later games. Because of our schedule you can actually see first 2 Jets games on first trial.

Another tip for gmail users.  You don't actually need diff email addresses since gmail actually ignores the . in the email addresses.  For example if your gmail address is ILoveTheJets@gmail.com you can sign up the first time with that email addresss.  Then the 2nd time you can sign up with ILove.TheJets@gmail.com and most websites will not notice its actually the same email address.  You can continue to keep doing this such as I.Love.TheJets@gmail.com and ILo.veTheJets@gmail.com and so on and so forth.

Not sure if already mentioned... NFL gamepass free trial. I sign up each week with a different email, then cancel. It allows me to watch the Jets pre-season games, then I use my buddy's sunday ticket on ps4 for regular season.

Archived