Sign in to follow this  
Jetscode1

Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams, get Jordan Matthews from Eagles

13 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Wow what a cache of draft picks. Imagine all the safety's  McCag could grab if Jets had those picks.

they could corner the market on safeties...

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

from the bills standpoint they got rid of a receiver who can't stay on the field and will want his money nonetheless and they got a decent receiver a corner and a 2 third round picks.  the rams aren't going anywhere so the picks will be in the high range.  but the afc east, especially the jets, made out because watkins isn't with the bills anymore.

15 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Don't panic! -Jets aren't scoring any points in 2017. Who's got a worse Offence than the Jets this year really?  

Where's the sarcasm meter  ?

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No worries we have a lot of depth at WR we don't need Watkins or Matthews. 

Teams want something in return. Do we have young talented CB's to spare or are we willing to give up future draft picks.

There's always a price to pay .

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Now factor in the amount of salary cap both players would be taking up .  I could be wrong, but i think Watkins is still on his rookie contract .

Correct. FA at end of '17 season

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Teams want something in return. Do we have young talented CB's to spare or are we willing to give up future draft picks.

There's always a price to pay .

What about Sheldon Richardson ?  By now Bowles and the rest of the team has to be feed up with having to answer questions on a topic that was supposed to be not mentioned anymore .

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

What about Sheldon Richardson ?  By now Bowles and the rest of the team has to be feed up with having to answer questions on a topic that was supposed to be not mentioned anymore .

Sheldon seems like an easy answer , but we've either had no takers or the return price has been was too low.  I still believe he eventually gets moved ,but IMO the Jets are using him as insurance until Mo proves he's back to form.

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Sheldon seems like an easy answer , but we've either had no takers or the return price has been was too low.  I still believe he eventually gets moved ,but IMO the Jets are using him as insurance until Mo proves he's back to form.

After this latest flare up with him running off at the mouth after being told to drop the subject, I would trade him for 2 cents on the dollar just on principle .  This team has to learn to follow instructions or suffer the consequences . With it being such a young team, a hard lesson should be taught immediately before the horse gets out of the barn .

Don't look now, but Jets are being 'out-tanked' by Bills

i?img=%2Fmedia%2Fmotion%2F2017%2F0811%2F

The New York Jets aren't the only AFC East team focused on the future. The Buffalo Bills are, too.

And they're attacking it more aggressively than the Jets, which could sabotage general manager Mike Maccagnan's perceived master plan.

By trading oft-injured wide receiver Sammy Watkins and cornerback Ronald Darbyon Friday, the Bills have added to their stockpile of draft picks. Don't forget, they traded down during the 2017 draft, snagging a 2018 first-rounder from the Kansas City Chiefs in the Patrick Mahomes deal.

So now the Bills have two first-round picks, two second-rounders and two third-rounders.

Their new management team has positioned itself to be a major player in the 2018 draft, and that will be useful if the team decides to dump Tyrod Taylor and seek a franchise quarterback.

If the Bills and Jets are trying to trade up to the No. 1 spot to select, say, Sam Darnold, guess which team will have the most ammunition to make that happen?

Not the Jets, who don't have any extra draft picks and aren't projected to receive any compensatory choices. Right now, their best bargaining chip is Sheldon Richardson.

Fans already on board with tanking will no doubt hope the Jets lose them all, securing the No. 1 pick in the process.

The Jets and Bills face each other in Week 1. Some might call it the Tank Bowl. Clearly, both franchises competing for more than just one game. They're trying to brighten their futures.

It would be pretty funny if the Madden curse and age catch up with Tom Brady, Hack plays decent and the Jets win the division with an 8-8 record.

So Bills downgraded at WR and CB. They will be bad but they do have a butt load of picks. They're blatantly tanking this season. 

20 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

The New York Jets aren't the only AFC East team focused on the future. The Buffalo Bills are, too.

And they're attacking it more aggressively than the Jets, which could sabotage general manager Mike Maccagnan's perceived master plan.

By trading oft-injured wide receiver Sammy Watkins and cornerback Ronald Darbyon Friday, the Bills have added to their stockpile of draft picks. Don't forget, they traded down during the 2017 draft, snagging a 2018 first-rounder from the Kansas City Chiefs in the Patrick Mahomes deal.

So now the Bills have two first-round picks, two second-rounders and two third-rounders.

Their new management team has positioned itself to be a major player in the 2018 draft, and that will be useful if the team decides to dump Tyrod Taylor and seek a franchise quarterback.

If the Bills and Jets are trying to trade up to the No. 1 spot to select, say, Sam Darnold, guess which team will have the most ammunition to make that happen?

Not the Jets, who don't have any extra draft picks and aren't projected to receive any compensatory choices. Right now, their best bargaining chip is Sheldon Richardson.

Fans already on board with tanking will no doubt hope the Jets lose them all, securing the No. 1 pick in the process.

The Jets and Bills face each other in Week 1. Some might call it the Tank Bowl. Clearly, both franchises competing for more than just one game. They're trying to brighten their futures.

You didn't even include the author and I knew which one of our beat writing f*ckfaces wrote this.

25 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

COUNTERPOINT: lol @ their safety situation

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Great now Cimini is planting the seed that we may not suck enough.

Make up your mind asswipe

I count at least four potential hall of famers on this roster

6 hours ago, slats said:

Bills now have two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds next year. They're in excellent position to trade up for the QB of their dreams and still have plenty of picks left. 

Can they trade up to zero? Because we're going one.

8 hours ago, slats said:

Bills now have two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds next year. They're in excellent position to trade up for the QB of their dreams and still have plenty of picks left. 

they won't have to trade up, but it shows teams are looking to next years QB class as a good one

3 hours ago, Larz said:

I hope Watkins goes all Brees, lynch, and goes ape sh*t for the Rams

**** the bills

He needs a QB who can throw him the ball and does not have that in LA

The Bills have been a consummate team of pretenders over the last few years, I guess they finally realized they were in purgatory and decided to make the most logical move to rectifying that by reinvesting in draft capital.

Wouldn't shock me if he the Bills went full Glennon-Trubisky and drafted a QB to replace him but kept Taylor around. I'm on record on not being sold on a class of QB's that have yet to play their "final" year of college (Darnold is consensus number one until he's not like a bunch of other QB's in the past) but you don't dump a promising (if snake bitten) WR or budding CB if you're confident in your QB's chances of succeeding. He's just a means to an end with one last chance to prove he's the poor man's Russell Wilson. Quite the scenario to be in, but hey he's getting paid like a starter for now and has a fruitful career as a well paid backup in his future.