Question for the Board

Tinstar

Ed Reed

Revis is one of the most overrated players of our life time.  Rex made Revis and Revis was only dominant for a 1 1/2 year stretch under Rex. Just an average player after Rex.  Plus he's a enited bitch who quit on his team multiple times.  

There'd be more incentive to trade the guy who's holding out again, don't you think?

But seriously, the only way Revis is even in contention for that is if you focus solely on his 2009 season and then say you would be getting a long-term version of that.  As great of a season as that was, it was all downhill from there.  While half of his 2010 season was nearly as great, the other half was him showing up as a fat ass who didn't bother getting in shape during his holdout, which was the direct cause of his injury.  2011 was the beginning of what turned out to be an ongoing decline from there.

In the end, Reed is a first ballot HOF lock, while Revis might eventually get in there, but is far from a certainly given a list of red marks against him that keeps getting longer, especially after his garbage season last year and the very realistic possibility that his career is going to disappear off into nothingness this year, as opposed to a retirement by choice.

Revis every time.  He locked down the opponents best WR.  Reed played center field and his best work was after the reception.

Is interesting that some of those who cried over picking a S because hes a low value position, are now rating one higher than a HOF shut down corner

Revis very easily.  Ed Reed was a phenomenal player but some of the chances he could take would not wash on some other teams.  Reed made a lot of big plays but Revis in his prime year totally shut down every star receiver in the league he faced.  He also was good in the run game and also got turnovers.  No contest for me.

Amazing that a guy who many considered the best CB in the NFL over a 5 year span and thus far not a single Jet fan would have kept him over Ed Reed .  Tell me again, which 1 is the premium position ?  

I guess I replied too quickly . 

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Amazing that a guy who many considered the best CB in the NFL over a 5 year span and thus far not a single Jet fan would have kept him over Ed Reed .  Tell me again, which 1 is the premium position ?  

Meh, that's not a fair way to asses the positions.  Reed is one of the greatest ever to play the game, arguably the best at his position.  

Revis was a flash in the pan.  If he had the career Reed did, it would be a different conversation because CB > S but we are not discussing players on the same level.  

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, that's not a fair way to asses the positions.  Reed is one of the greatest ever to play the game, arguably the best at his position.  

Revis was a flash in the pan.  If he had the career Reed did, it would be a different conversation because CB > S but we are not discussing players on the same level.  

Wow, you dont actually watch games, do you.

Flash in the pan?  LOL

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wow, you dont actually watch games, do you.

Flash in the pan?  LOL

1 1/2 years of dominance followed by a career of average play = flash in the pan. 

But he had a clever nickname, so that's means he was always good.  Plus, he's a Jet and those guys are the bestest at everything.  ///Jet nutted

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

1 1/2 years of dominance followed by a career of average play = flash in the pan. 

But he had a clever nickname, so that's means he was always good.  Plus, he's a Jet and those guys are the bestest at everything.  ///Jet nutted

1 and a half years.  Only by Jet fans.  Ridiculous.  

You dont watch the games.  Thanks for clearing that up.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

1 and a half. 

You dont watch the games.  Thanks for clearing that up.

I watch every game.  Twice.  Sometimes 3 times.  Depends on my mode.  

You like nicknames because they're cool and it makes you look like you actually watch Football.  

Do you have a pink Revis jersey?  I'm guessing so. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I watch every game.  Twice.  Sometimes 3 times.  Depends on my mode.  

You like nicknames because they're cool and it makes you look like you actually watch Football.  

Do you have a pink Revis jersey?  I'm guessing so. 

Sure, Revis was  nothing more than a nickname.  Maybe when you wake up you'll realize he got the nickname for being the leagues best not the other way around.  But hey, why give props to maybe this teams best drafted player, ever.  Its much cooler and makes you smarter than the HOF, the media, the experts, WRs and other CB's.

You really have no clue what youre talking about with Revis.  

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

Bingo.  Theoretically speaking it would be a very different story IF Revis could have kept up his 2009 level of play.  He most certainly did not.  Was he still very good in his career?  With the very obvious exception of being outright awful last year, for the most part yes.  Any "greatest of all time" argument lasted for a very short window of time, because as it turns out, that level of play was for a grand total of one year and now he's out of the league in his early 30s, and not by his own choice.  Over the past few years, he's no longer even considered the greatest of the current era, often getting beat out by the likes of Sherman in the eyes of most.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure, Revis was  nothing more than a nickname.  Maybe when you wake up you'll realize he got the nickname for being the leagues best not the other way around.  But hey, why give props to maybe this teams best drafted player, ever.  Its much cooler and makes you smarter than the HOF, the media, the experts, WRs and other CB's.

Perhaps you should attempt to consider contributing something other than the supposed stupidity / lack of clue of others, considering you've provided absolutely nothing but a completely personal subjective opinion without the slightest attempt to support it.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Ed Reed

Revis is one of the most overrated players of our life time.  Rex made Revis and Revis was only dominant for a 1 1/2 year stretch under Rex. Just an average player after Rex.  Plus he's a enited bitch who quit on his team multiple times.  

LOL, Rex made Revis? Why didn't he make more of them then?

9 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Perhaps you should attempt to consider contributing something other than the supposed stupidity / lack of clue of others, considering you've provided absolutely nothing but a completely personal subjective opinion without the slightest attempt to support it.

1.  Never called anyone stupid.

2.  If someone wants to say that I'm in love with a nickname and that Revis was good for only 1 1/2 years, that he was the most overrated player of our lifetime, thats clueless.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No clue.  That's why everyone is agreeing with me and not you.

But continue telling us how much more you know than the rest of us.  It's adorable and makes me respect your takes that much more than I already do.  Which is a lot, to say the least. 

You probably loved Jamall Anderson, didn't you?  You dirty bird you. 

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

He's got a nickname and people said so, ok?

1 minute ago, JiF said:

No clue.  That's why everyone is agreeing with me and not you.

But continue telling us how much more you know than the rest of us.  It's adorable and makes me respect your takes that much more than I already do.  Which is a lot, to say the least. 

You probably loved Jamall Anderson, didn't you?  You dirty bird you. 

Copy and paste where i said i know more than anyone.  I'm not the one selling Revis as a nickname who had a season and a half of good play, nothing more.    

WTF does JA have to do with this? 

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

So he made Revis and Gilmore? What about the rest of the corners who played for him? Was he all out of great CB making magic dust?

Given that Rex coached Reed, did he make Reed too?

I'll go revis. If we're talking about their prime, and not career, then revis being able to shutdown the greatest wrs in the game in an era where nobody could shut down the best without help was an incredible accomplishment. 

Those picking Reed over revis because Reed made more big plays don't quite grasp the different jobs these guys had. QBs didn't throw his way. You can't really game plan around a safety. 

If you're taking Deion or revis, it's not even close. Deion shut you down and when you made the mistake of going his way, it was likely resulting in a pick 6.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Copy and paste where i said i know more than anyone.  I'm not the one selling Revis as a nickname who had a season and a half of good play, nothing more.    

WTF does JA have to do with this? 

Don't be coy. You said I don't watch games or know what I'm taking about, which implies you do so you know more.

Anderson was the man 1 year.  Dirty Bird and all. Which means he was great and earned it more than guys who don't have nicknames. 

5 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

So he made Revis and Gilmore? What about the rest of the corners who played for him? Was he all out of great CB making magic dust?

Dont play dumb.  He tapped into their talents and get the best out of them.  Cro too.  Darby.  McAllister in Balt.  The list goes on, honey. 

Revis was never the same after Rex and he wasn't Revis Island before him.  This is fact. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Dont play dumb.  He tapped into their talents and get the best out of them.  Cro too.  Darby.  McAllister in Balt.  The list goes on, honey. 

Revis was never the same after Rex and he wasn't Revis Island before him.  This is fact. 

honey? you made it move...

Archived