### Jets \ Titans -- Preseason Is Here, Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Maxman said:

When you are evaluating your kickers I can't think of a better thing to do than kick 55 yarders.

Agree. Chandler might've made the choice for Bowles that much easier with that miss.  You aren't going to get chances to attempt those too often in pre-season.

Just now, jetspenguin said:

This was a good start for Hack. He got a chance to build some confidence, get a feel for the speed of the game, etc. This was exactly what he needed... a positive step. No major f... ups and execute the game plan. We can expand and open the play book a little in upcoming outings. We are not going to expose too much in preseason anyway but except the the drops we don't look as pitiful as we are reported to be.

We look faster, much faster.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Hackenberg looks worlds better than last year, but 4.7 YPA is...uh...not good

I think they needed to get him to crawl before he can walk. Accuracy had been his knock.

Tonight he was very accurate and there were even try drops.

No interceptions is big then they take one training wheel of next week.

Just now, Maxman said:

I think they needed to get him to crawl before he can walk. Accuracy had been his knock.

Tonight he was very accurate and there were even try drops.

No interceptions is big then they take one training wheel of next week.

I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw, but it would be really nice to see him operate a grown-up offense at some point.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

They were disciplined and the starting d line is running voluntary wind sprints on the sideline.

Haters gonna hate but there are some good things happening.

I wouldn't call them wind sprints exactly, but I like the energy and leadership; much different feel than last year.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

And yet the approach with Hack is to build his confidence by only asking him to do was stuff. Seems like a double standard by the coaches.

I thought he was being facetious, regarding the 55 yard field goal.  I don't think they're judging anything at that distance, since the vast majority of the field goal attempts are under 40 yards.

4 minutes ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

Hack looks good nice game manager with no crazy force passes. on the other hand phucking jalin marshall is a drive killer and couple other receivers.  these dudes need to make love to the jug like right after the game, seriuosly, these drop balls man.....

ill say it again ... by week 1 our starting WRs could definitely include ArDarius and Chad.

3 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I thought he was being facetious, regarding the 55 yard field goal.  I don't think they're judging anything at that distance, since the vast majority of the field goal attempts are under 40 yards.

Ya, probably was. Dunno. 

Archived