### Jets \ Titans -- Preseason Is Here, Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

YOu call that a bad note. When it was teh center's fault

Not really blaming Hack (although we don't know who got the snap count wrong); he was marching and there was a fumble; even if another guy fumbled - I would call it a bad note - thought he should go in again.. .

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

YOu call that a bad note. When it was teh center's fault

That may have been Hack's fault. Looked like the whole line was moving at the snap and Mccown was consoling Hack. Either way, that's a big nothing in the grand scheme of things. He looked really solid tonight. Something positive to build off of. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

They were saying that Hack at this time is our number two. Not sure that will end up being the case. Is Hack ready to start if and when McCown gets injured. 

By Week 1, I think so.  Better though if McCown could last a couple weeks before getting injured.  I'd feel more comfortable with Hack getting the rest of preseason and then maybe 2-3 weeks into regular season before feeling like he can deploy the full playbook.  But we'll see how much he progresses each week.  Might be totally wrong one way or the other.

Hack did a solid job running a vanilla offense. I noticed him locking on to his primary receiver early on, but as the game wore on he did a better job of looking at the entire field. Cautiously optimistic for now.

4 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Petty might not be a future qb here, but I love seeing effort like that dude just ate the hit and got up. Like seeing him try to capitalize on the time he's getting

Effort is nice.

He missed a read that had a wide open receiver with 10 yards of space in front of him to show off his "effort".

I don't know. Hack hasn't  played in a year. I know there's optimism here on Hack. But if he gets the job I don't see him winning games. I hope I'm wrong. They had him running a conservative offense today and it was smart. He had trouble sustaining drives. Our D has been impressive tonight even if these 3rd stringers lose the game. 

5 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Hack did a solid job running a vanilla offense. I noticed him locking on to his primary receiver early on, but as the game wore on he did a better job of looking at the entire field. Cautiously optimistic for now.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. He even stared at his checkdown (Morris) before Morris had even shed his blocker on one play.

His final drive made me a bit more optimistic.

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Defense is excellent!

They are playing like they did two years ago under Bowles and in a way even faster!

Yes it is a preseason game but this is very encouraging to see.

DL Anthony Johnson playing a heck of a game. And of course Josh Martin has been everywhere. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Hack fans are incredibly patient with him. I mean how long is the learning curve for him? How many years not games? 

As long as it takes so long as he is making progress and the coaches are happy with where he is.  I don't understand the rush, chill out and lets actually support and take care of a QB for once in my lifetime.  Its not being a Hack fan, its being a Jet fan that wants to find consistency at the position.  He is freaking 22 we have time to use on him.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Hack fans are incredibly patient with him. I mean how long is the learning curve for him? How many years not games? 

LOL. He was drafted 16 months ago. If he's not in the HOF by October he should be cut and Mccagnan fired. 

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

not sure how that let that head-to-head hit not get flagged; not sure how these guys are going to learn if they don't get flagged.

Stanford should have been called for it too early in the game.  Refs are still shaking off the rust too I guess..

Jets just have to remember that as long as it isn't a top 5 QB, it most likely won't be called...

Just now, C Mart said:

LOL. He was drafted 16 months ago. If he's not in the HOF by October he should be cut and Mccagnan fired. 

No one says HOF but it's his second year and he still doesn't look close to starting games. After 16 months you'd think he'd be more ready. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Nobody is making a big deal out of his performance other than you.  No one is crowning him the second coming or slamming him at all.  It's the first game of the f*cking pre-season and he looked solid with vanilla play calling and back-ups.  Petty looks like hot garbage so far and no one wants to see McCown start.  Don't know what you're really trying to say here.

Just now, Sarge4Tide said:

Petty needs to sue his offensive line for conspiracy to commit murder

Petty was put in the worst possible situation to have any chance to make a dent in the depth chart.  Dropped pass...unblocked rusher.  I'd really like to see him get some reps in the first half next week but there's probably no chance of it.  

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

As patient as we have to be. He played very well tonight. It is a start. Now he has to take it up a notch each week.

2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Stanford should have been called for it too early in the game.  Refs are still shaking off the rust too I guess..

Jets just have to remember that as long as it isn't a top 5 QB, it most likely won't be called...

It looked like, to me, that Stanford made contact in the shoulder/chest, not the head.

Archived