### Jets \ Titans -- Preseason Is Here, Game Thread ###

Maxman

got home from the wedding and turned on Sharknado 5. I legit feel like I learned more about shark biology from five minutes of this film than I learned about 2017 Jets football by reading this homer-infested circle jerk thread.

... serious question ... by any chance do you also go be Thadude ?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I have come to the conclusion that it is more important here for some here to be proven right about Hack being terrible, then for them to actually see Hack become a franchise QB

I'm rooting for him. But he does not look ready to be a starter in 3 weeks. And he might have to play a lot sooner than later. I think all three Qbs will play this year. It doesn't help the team at all to start a Qb who cannot execute a fuller game plan. If D players give 100% and then they're on the field all day and the team doesn't score hey these guys are trying to win games.  And that's what you want from all of your players.They don't look at the regular season as a try out for a young Qb they want someone who can play now. That guy is McCown but I can't see him lasting 16 games. If he does we have a chance to win now. I'm not interested in 2018 and getting the first overall pick and either are the Jets players. If they think the org is trying to do that they are going to lose some of them. It's about 52 not 1.

29 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm rooting for him. But he does not look ready to be a starter in 3 weeks. And he might have to play a lot sooner than later. I think all three Qbs will play this year. It doesn't help the team at all to start a Qb who cannot execute a fuller game plan. If D players give 100% and then they're on the field all day and the team doesn't score hey these guys are trying to win games.  And that's what you want from all of your players.They don't look at the regular season as a try out for a young Qb they want someone who can play now. That guy is McCown but I can't see him lasting 16 games. If he does we have a chance to win now. I'm not interested in 2018 and getting the first overall pick and either are the Jets players. If they think the org is trying to do that they are going to lose some of them. It's about 52 not 1.

Well you are wrong. This season IS about 2018 and 2019 and 2020. It is what it is. No upside, no advantage nothing positive in starting McCown at all, and I thought Hack DID look ready, and expect him to continue to improve. You were one of Fitz staunchest supporters and I suspect that you still would want him as QB. And you have stated all you care about is going all in for 2017. So your opinion is expected, but does not align at all with what the Jets are actually doing

22 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Well you are wrong. This season IS about 2018 and 2019 and 2020. It is what it is. No upside, no advantage nothing positive in starting McCown at all, and I thought Hack DID look ready, and expect him to continue to improve. You were one of Fitz staunchest supporters and I suspect that you still would want him as QB. And you have stated all you care about is going all in for 2017. So your opinion is expected, but does not align at all with what the Jets are actually doing

I don't agree with you about 2017. I think we can be competitive. After a bad year in 2014 we rebounded and won ten games in 2015. Things during a season can click and teams can win games and we have talent esp on defense. So I'm not writing out 2017 and tossing it away. I have seen too many teams with low expectations like the 2015 Panthers have good years. And then a year later have bad years, As for Fitz he deserved to get cut. But he was a good Qb for us in 2015. 

one of the best moments last night for me was coach greene talking to jenkins on the sidelines after his one handed beast mode sack.  the look in his eyes was so awesome !!!

It was a great bull rush to the outside shoulder and he just reached out and took the QB down with one hand.

just like coach greene has been coaching them to do

ring the bell baby !!!!!

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't agree with you about 2017. I think we can be competitive. After a bad year in 2014 we rebounded and won ten games in 2015. Things during a season can click and teams can win games and we have talent esp on defense. So I'm not writing out 2017 and tossing it away. I have seen too many teams with low expectations like the 2015 Panthers have good years. And then a year later have bad years, As for Fitz he deserved to get cut. But he was a good Qb for us in 2015. 

I do too, but with Hack not repeating the mistake of yet another crappy retread no future washed up JAG QB. And Fitzloser SUCKED in 2015 too, we just had an outrageously easy schedule and Fitz was uber lucky throwing jump balls every other throw.

33 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I do too, but with Hack not repeating the mistake of yet another crappy retread no future washed up JAG QB. And Fitzloser SUCKED in 2015 too, we just had an outrageously easy schedule and Fitz was uber lucky throwing jump balls every other throw.

Bravo

18 hours ago, Mogglez said:

And yet he still looked better than Glennon. Y'know, the QB you were sucking off and crying with excuses for the other night/all off-season.  Fresh off of the 15 million dollar man posting a 0.0 QB rating.

Weird.

Ouch!

Lol

Archived