If Hackenberg fails to look as good as Watson, Kizer, and Trubisky

Pointdexter

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Larz said:

just ask for PM's of interested posters and then pick someone who actually likes the team, lol

I don't want to make it public

Make it public, Larz. Anyone willing to front this team is already beyond feeling shame. 

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I find it funny that people are complaining that HAckenberg didnt throw a TD pass when Watson didn't throw one either. He ran in for one but not throw

HE was fine. IT was conservative but he wasnt hitting those last year

You tell them, Who.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He said improve the QB position.

Blaming the OC is classic Mark Sanchez talk.  Sucking was never his fault, always either the OCs who are always to blame otherwise its the HCs fault.  No matter the team, the coaches, the situation.  He fails and his fans blame someone else

Yeah, that's the boilerplate Sanchez haters speech. 

Never in the history of the team have we had an offensive coordinator as bad as Tony Sparano and wide receivers as bad as Clyde Gates and Chaz Schillens. Shonn Greene weighed 300 pounds.  The OL was dysfunctional. Tim Tebow was a constant distraction. 

That was an atrocious offense, terrible personnel, completely mismanaged by Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan who only cared about defense.   But go ahead, please, tell us again how the most successful quarterback in Jets postseason history and the second best quarterback to ever put on the Jets uniform nosedived because he suddenly got stupid and not as a result of the worst offensive personnel ever put on the field led by the worst OC in team history.  Nah, couldn't have been that.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Never in the history of the team have we had an offensive coordinator as bad as Tony Sparano and wide receivers as bad as Clyde Gates and Chaz Schillens. Shonn Greene weighed 300 pounds.  The OL was dysfunctional. Tim Tebow was a constant distraction. 

That was an atrocious offense, terrible personnel, completely mismanaged by Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan who only cared about defense.   But go ahead, please, tell us again how the most successful quarterback in Jets postseason history and the second best quarterback to ever put on the Jets uniform nosedived because he suddenly got stupid and not as a result of the worst offensive personnel ever put on the field led by the worst OC in team history.  Nah, couldn't have been that.

SAR I

While sparano was horrendous and the WRs were bad to start, to defend sanchez is so preposterous, he may have the 2nd most post season wins in jets history, but aside from the New England game the team won in spite of him.  

Indy Win 18/31 0 tds and 1 int         San Diego win 12/23 100  yards 1 Td 1 Int     Bengals win 12/15  182 1 Td 0int

Sanchez, as he has shown playing for all the other teams and OCs that he has the past few years, has no mental grasp of the position.  He was a good athlete with an above average arm, but had no idea how to set a protection (see strip sack in Pitt that cost us the game), how to manage down/distance, when to throw it away or any of the mental parts of the game that make QBs successful.  He thrived on a good veteran team, and when it was time for him to improve, he fell apart.

Theres a reason he's the third string QB on the bears now, he's not a good QB and theres not debate.  If he was good, then he wouldn't have more Ints in the past 2 seasons then TDs - which he does.

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

But don't you know, it's only about the QB.  It's never about the 10 other guys, unless you're Eli Manning and everything gets blames on the OL. 

Reality is, after the Jets made it to their second AFCCG they started getting rid of the veterans that got them there.  Tomlinson, Richardson, Woody, Edwards, Hartsock (I know what you're thinking, but he was an effective blocker).  Then Holmes and Keller were gone.  These guys were replaced by Greene, Conners, Hunter, Hill, Cumberland/Mulligan, Schilens, and other non-notables.  

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He said improve the QB position.

Blaming the OC is classic Mark Sanchez talk.  Sucking was never his fault, always either the OCs who are always to blame otherwise its the HCs fault.  No matter the team, the coaches, the situation.  He fails and his fans blame someone else

i think you're right.  much as sanchez was probably better, talent wise, than his stats show in his case it was all about keeping his head in the game.  imo once he started flirting with the likes of eva longoria, he was toast.  and we'll never know if he could've lived down the buttfumble because he was injured in 2014 thereby paving the way for geno.  the fact that sanchez after such promise can barely hold onto a back up spot speaks volumes.

not to put too much creedence in hack first pre-season game but teams tend to play vanilla in the preseason and really are trying to pull out the weeds.  much is being said about the short passes but if that's all there was then it's far better than a sack or even throwing the ball away.  and, who knows, the oc may have dialed it all back to just give him the reps in a game situation.  only a good analysis of the tape will determine if the decisions were truly good.  obviously he'll have to have a good long ball if they are to succeed.  we'll see the attempts in due course.

For the 1st 2 weeks of camp, the biggest criticism of Hackenberg was holding on to the ball too long and not being able to orchestrate the huddle . On Saturday night, Hack got rid of the ball quickly and decisively with uncanny accuracy but he called 2 timeouts  that could be considered an issue by not getting the play off quickly enough or a sign of growth for being aware of the play clock while attempting to execute the offense .

Christian Hackenberg has now participated in 3 preseason NFL games and he has played decent, awful and solid in those games .  IMO, he's exactly where I hope he would be and to tell the truth, he might be a little ahead since my initial plan was to have him  in the same offensive scheme to start his 2nd year . 

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

He was a bottom of the league QB who played on a team with the leagues best OL, best running game and the leagues best defense.  Easy to confuse all of that by crediting the worst starting QB in the NFL for the teams success.  

Before Sporano, before Gates.  With Braylon's Edwards, with Santonio Holmes, with a receiving TE.  He sucked.  Just as he sucked in Philly and couldn't even hold onto a backup job.  Like he sucked in Denver and couldn't beat out a 2nd year 7th round pick or a rookie QB and was cut.   It blame Sporano, forget Shotty, forget MM.  it's all because of Sporano.  An OC who Chad played well under, played better than Sanchez ever did. 

6 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

But don't you know, it's only about the QB.  It's never about the 10 other guys, unless you're Eli Manning and everything gets blames on the OL. 

Reality is, after the Jets made it to their second AFCCG they started getting rid of the veterans that got them there.  Tomlinson, Richardson, Woody, Edwards, Hartsock (I know what you're thinking, but he was an effective blocker).  Then Holmes and Keller were gone.  These guys were replaced by Greene, Conners, Hunter, Hill, Cumberland/Mulligan, Schilens, and other non-notables.  

This.

SAR I

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

i think you're right.  much as sanchez was probably better, talent wise, than his stats show in his case it was all about keeping his head in the game.  imo once he started flirting with the likes of eva longoria, he was toast.  and we'll never know if he could've lived down the buttfumble because he was injured in 2014 thereby paving the way for geno.  the fact that sanchez after such promise can barely hold onto a back up spot speaks volumes.

Eva Longoria?  Please.  He was banging Meadow Soprano during the playoff runs, that didn't cause him distraction.

But you are right about his head being messed with.  Let's see what the Jets did to Mark Sanchez after 4 playoff wins and a 16-4 stretch in 20 games:

1.  Tannenbaum flirts with Peyton Manning about signing with the Jets.

2.  Tannenbaum hires Tony Sporano.

3.  Tannenbaum signs Tim Tebow.

4.  Tannenbaum and Ryan ignore the offense and draft completely for defense despite losing their best playmakers to age and free agency.

Yeah, I can see how that can get in someone's head.  And let's not forget the coup de grace:

5.  Ryan Snoopy trophy lust, ends Sanchez career with injury.

We blew it with the kid.  Typical Jets.  Find the best young QB prospect since Namath, treat him like a dog, mess with his confidence, run him out of town, then spend the next 10 years looking to get someone who can hold a candle to him.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Eva Longoria?  Please.  He was banging Meadow Soprano during the playoff runs, that didn't cause him distraction.

But you are right about his head being messed with.  Let's see what the Jets did to Mark Sanchez after 4 playoff wins and a 16-4 stretch in 20 games:

4.  Tannenbaum and Ryan ignore the offense and draft completely for defense despite losing their best playmakers to age and free agency.

Yeah, I can see how that can get in someone's head.  And let's not forget the coup de grace:

We blew it with the kid.  Typical Jets.  Find the best young QB prospect since Namath, treat him like a dog, mess with his confidence, run him out of town, then spend the next 10 years looking to get someone who can hold a candle to him.

SAR I

So Sanchez bears zero responsibility for his career tanking even further after the Jets?

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He was a bottom of the league QB who played on a team with the leagues best OL, best running game and the leagues best defense.  Easy to confuse all of that by crediting the worst starting QB in the NFL for the teams success.  

Before Sporano, before Gates.  With Braylon's Edwards, with Santonio Holmes, with a receiving TE.  He sucked.  Just as he sucked in Philly and couldn't even hold onto a backup job.  Like he sucked in Denver and couldn't beat out a 2nd year 7th round pick or a rookie QB and was cut.   It blame Sporano, forget Shotty, forget MM.  it's all because of Sporano.  An OC who Chad played well under, played better than Sanchez ever did. 

Wins 4 road playoff games.  He sucks.

Has the highest QBR in team playoff history.  He sucks.

Is the best Jet on the field in consecutive AFC Championship Games.  He sucks.

Is a locker room leader, throws no one under the bus, ever.  He sucks.

Inserted into the lineup at 22 years of age and on an upward arc for his first 2.75 seasons.  He sucks.

Leads us to second best record in team history turning 5 sure losses into 4th quarter wins and 6-10 into 11-5.  He sucks.

After rookie jitters, goes on a 16-4 run in 20 games, best run in team history.  He sucks.

After consecutive playoff years, has the Jets at 8-5 with 3 easy games to go and watches "they carried him!" defense give up 45 points in Philadelpia and Victor Cruz go 99 yards to end our year out of the postseason.  He sucks.

You Mets fans and your millennial-like thin skin make me sick.  Identify as a victim of the Buttfumble on ESPN.  Need a safe space from teasing at the water cooler.  Laud losers like O'Brien and Pennington, condemn winners like Sanchez.

You know, the only guilty pleasure I get out of the Jets current situation is that fans like you get what you've got coming to you.  Took 30 years to find a QB who could handle the playoff pressure and elevate his game in big spots against Championship competition, will probably take another 30 to find the next one.  You wanted life without Mark Sanchez?  You got it.  Having fun?  Geno Smith get you hard?  Got a Ryan Fitzpatrick poster on your wall?  Getting ready to get a custom Hackenberg jersey?  Didn't think so.  You ran the kid out of town.  This is what you wanted.  Enjoy 2-14 for the next few years.  Let me know how it's treating you.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So Sanchez bears zero responsibility for his career tanking even further after the Jets?

We know two things about Mark Sanchez:

When the team believes in him it elevates his confidence and his level of play.  When a team doesn't believe in him, his psyche cripples him.

He's not the first.  Ask the Atlanta Falcons what they thought of Brett Favre.  Ask the Tampa Bay Bucs how many seasons they wasted on Steve Young.  Surround a quarterback with potential with the right cast, they can be confident and they can be great.  Give them no weapons and a crappy OC and a HC who is looking for a scapegoat, they are awful.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When the team believes in him it elevates his confidence and his level of play.  When a team doesn't believe in him, his psyche cripples him.

He's not the first.  Ask the Atlanta Falcons what they thought of Brett Favre.  Ask the Tampa Bay Bucs how many seasons they wasted on Steve Young.  Surround a quarterback with potential with the right cast, they can be confident and they can be great.  Give them no weapons and a crappy OC and a HC who is looking for a scapegoat, they are awful.

SAR I

Lol

6 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Worse than replacing those solid, veteran leaders with "non-notables," Tanny and Rex replaced them with psycho malcontents Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, and Derrick Mason. Mason was so abusive towards Sanchez that they had to cut him a few weeks after Rex claimed he would catch 80 passes here. 

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

so he wasn't treated as well as he should have with the jets.  what's his excuse afterwards?  it's not like he's lighting it up.  i'm sure if he showed one bit of promise the jets would at least be taking a look.

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Took 30 years to find a QB who could handle the playoff pressure and elevate his game in big spots against Championship competition, will probably take another 30 to find the next one.

Too bad he was sub-par in the regular season, and his performance went down faster than the talent around him went down.  If only he could have elevated those around him, like a Franchise quarterback can...

You wanted life without Mark Sanchez?  You got it.  Having fun?  Geno Smith get you hard?

Replaced one bad QB with another bad QB.  Plenty more bad QB's came before, many more will come down the road mate.

You ran the kid out of town.

Yep, fans made the call.  We collectivised ownership of the team for a day, and we cut him.  Historic, really. Totally.  

Big if true, big if true.....

SAR I

I remember when you were a respected poster ... no, not really - just busting your balls!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Wins 4 road playoff games.  He sucks.

Has the highest QBR in team playoff history.  He sucks.

Is the best Jet on the field in consecutive AFC Championship Games.  He sucks.

Is a locker room leader, throws no one under the bus, ever.  He sucks.

Inserted into the lineup at 22 years of age and on an upward arc for his first 2.75 seasons.  He sucks.

Leads us to second best record in team history turning 5 sure losses into 4th quarter wins and 6-10 into 11-5.  He sucks.

After rookie jitters, goes on a 16-4 run in 20 games, best run in team history.  He sucks.

After consecutive playoff years, has the Jets at 8-5 with 3 easy games to go and watches "they carried him!" defense give up 45 points in Philadelpia and Victor Cruz go 99 yards to end our year out of the postseason.  He sucks.

You Mets fans and your millennial-like thin skin make me sick.  Identify as a victim of the Buttfumble on ESPN.  Need a safe space from teasing at the water cooler.  Laud losers like O'Brien and Pennington, condemn winners like Sanchez.

You know, the only guilty pleasure I get out of the Jets current situation is that fans like you get what you've got coming to you.  Took 30 years to find a QB who could handle the playoff pressure and elevate his game in big spots against Championship competition, will probably take another 30 to find the next one.  You wanted life without Mark Sanchez?  You got it.  Having fun?  Geno Smith get you hard?  Got a Ryan Fitzpatrick poster on your wall?  Getting ready to get a custom Hackenberg jersey?  Didn't think so.  You ran the kid out of town.  This is what you wanted.  Enjoy 2-14 for the next few years.  Let me know how it's treating you.

SAR I

He sucked, the team was really good.  Anyone who watched them realized this.  Years later the story has changed, been rewritten.  He was a bottom of the league QB.  Nothing more.  I wanted Sanchez out of the starting spot one year before he wore out his welcome, when it was apparent he would be a never was QB who made nobody around him better, who couldn't lead anyone and who it was whispered put no effort into improving.  

Glad you get pleasure by fans like me who know the game a million times. Ore than fans like you who's main expertise is talking about PSL, which outfit to wear to the game and the imaginary riches you have.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

He sucked, the team was really good.  Anyone who watched them realized this.  Years later the story has changed, been rewritten.  He was a bottom of the league QB.  Nothing more.  

whose  career will end 1st, Sanchez's or Clement  ? 

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You're 100% correct.  And the fans want to do the same thing to Hackenberg, hope Macc doesn't take the bait. 

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He sucked, the team was really good.  Anyone who watched them realized this.  Years later the story has changed, been rewritten.  He was a bottom of the league QB.  Nothing more.  I wanted Sanchez out of the starting spot one year before he wore out his welcome, when it was apparent he would be a never was QB who made nobody around him better, who couldn't lead anyone and who it was whispered put no effort into improving.  

Glad you get pleasure by fans like me who know the game a million times. Ore than fans like you who's main expertise is talking about PSL, which outfit to wear to the game and the imaginary riches you have.  

This is total bullsh*t!  Go back and watch the games that got them into the AFCCGs and the role that Sanchez had in getting them there.  Sanchez was absolutely central to those wins.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Worse than replacing those solid, veteran leaders with "non-notables," Tanny and Rex replaced them with psycho malcontents Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, and Derrick Mason. Mason was so abusive towards Sanchez that they had to cut him a few weeks after Rex claimed he would catch 80 passes here. 

It's beyond me that Tannenbaum was responsible for getting us to the AFCCG twice, but equally responsible for tearing us down.

Archived