Sign in to follow this  
Pointdexter

If Hackenberg fails to look as good as Watson, Kizer, and Trubisky

7 hours ago, BCJet said:

What would you have done differently than Mac to improve the QB situation?

Picked up Mark Sanchez for peanuts, surrounded him with some decent weapons, give him a real offensive coordinator, and see if the kid who once showed such promise could have been salvaged.

He's to this day the best young QB prospect we've seen since 1965, was worth a second look especially considering the craptastic backups that were floating around the league in 2015 and 2016.  I'd have rather seen Mark Sanchez given another shot under the New York lights than see Geno Smith or Ryan Fitzpatrick achieve the inevitable.

SAR I

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Picked up Mark Sanchez for peanuts, surrounded him with some decent weapons, give him a real offensive coordinator, and see if the kid who once showed such promise could have been salvaged.

He's to this day the best young QB prospect we've seen since 1965, was worth a second look especially considering the craptastic backups that were floating around the league in 2015 and 2016.  I'd have rather seen Mark Sanchez given another shot under the New York lights than see Geno Smith or Ryan Fitzpatrick achieve the inevitable.

SAR I

You are going to get flambéed for this one.  Not saying you are wrong even, but...yeah...molten lava.

At least TB's GM stepped up to take some of the pressure off Macc.  

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/aguayo-among-biggest-busts-in-nfl-draft-history/ss-AApVW7p?ocid=spartanntp#image=1

5 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Your logic is so incredibly flawed. I don't care what year it is, not all QB's look good the first year they come out. There are countless examples of QB's who look like garbage for one or more years who turn out to be very good. No team in their right mind is going to take a QB with a high 1st round pick 2 years in a row. And it has nothing to do with how it looks, and everything to do with using your resources. If you take a high 1st round pick at the QB position, you are making a  commitment to that player, and believe in that player enough to make a few year commitment to that player. If you did not like him enough to make that multiple year commitment, and you still took him with a high first, you are an absolute idiot as a GM, and are not long for the NFL.

given how depleted the rest of the team was it would be hard for them to pick a qb with their top pick multiple seasons in a row.  i get the point of picking qb's until you get one but at some point there are are players who can help more.

5 hours ago, Jet Blast said:

I am certainly not a Mac apologist, but prior to this off season, who should he have picked in the draft or brought in as a free agent? For a while, it was pretty slim pickings if you were looking for a QB. It's tough to make champagne out of beer.

Macc is gonna show us this year if he's a genius, or an idiot.  I will say one thing, he's got a set, to flush all these vets and really start all over is not something you see often in football. 

30 minutes ago, rangerous said:

given how depleted the rest of the team was it would be hard for them to pick a qb with their top pick multiple seasons in a row.  i get the point of picking qb's until you get one but at some point there are are players who can help more.

Not to mention that with that logic, you're effectively giving up a first rounder since you can't start two QBs at the same time.  If you really love the QB then use a 1st rounder on him, otherwise find someone else you really love.  I don't blame them for passing on a QB this year.

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Commitee is meeting this afternoon to pick a captain and we'll announce it before kickoff tonight. As committee chair, I am ineligible to serve as captain. 

All talk

It's dbatestroll up for the job?

So it was an okay outing for him. He didn't take chances and in general made safe and sound decisions with mostly accurate short range throws. Typical game manager type stuff, but he's gonna need to do more than play it safe to be a good starter.It was acceptable as a preseason performance for somebody with his career trajectory, and was certainly something to build on over the next month. I can't call it much more than that though.

12 hours ago, glenn31 said:

If you're a Dallas fan, that 6 pack Zeke just got may be a long term blessing in disguise in regards to whether or not they have a QB they can legitimately build the O around.

You could be right.  Tough though, given a sophomore set back and all.

6 hours ago, Larz said:

All talk

It's dbatestroll up for the job?

In an unprecedented move, The Committee has decided to leave the Captaincy vacant this season. Quite simply, we just don't think it's ethical to put someone in charge of this impending disaster. Thx.

7 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

So it was an okay outing for him. He didn't take chances and in general made safe and sound decisions with mostly accurate short range throws. Typical game manager type stuff, but he's gonna need to do more than play it safe to be a good starter.It was acceptable as a preseason performance for somebody with his career trajectory, and was certainly something to build on over the next month. I can't call it much more than that though.

The Jets are going to need a better receiver or 2 to figure out what Hack can really do.  His strength is his long ball. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

In an unprecedented move, The Committee has decided to leave the Captaincy vacant this season. Quite simply, we just don't think it's ethical to put someone in charge of this impending disaster. Thx.

So @dbatesman said no?

What a shock

I can think of a dozen posters that would do a great job just off the top of my head who aren't scared little girls like you two.

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

He said improve the QB position.

Blaming the OC is classic Mark Sanchez talk.  Sucking was never his fault, always either the OCs who are always to blame otherwise its the HCs fault.  No matter the team, the coaches, the situation.  He fails and his fans blame someone else

10 hours ago, thadude said:

How many TD's did Hack throw in the preseason game?

10 hours ago, thadude said:

Hack still sucks, sorry guys

Sucks for you doesnt it., all you did was post how much Hack sucks and it didnt go as you hoped last night.  So now its these kind of pointless posts.

Go root for Kizer and Cleveland, your negative posts wont be missed

24 minutes ago, Larz said:

So @dbatesman said no?

What a shock

I can think of a dozen posters that would do a great job just off the top of my head who aren't scared little girls like you two.

Captaining would interfere with my LARPing schedule

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

So @dbatesman said no?

What a shock

Name names, Larz, and we'll take it to a constitutional convention 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Name names, Larz, and we'll take it to a constitutional convention 

just ask for PM's of interested posters and then pick someone who actually likes the team, lol

I don't want to make it public

13 minutes ago, Larz said:

just ask for PM's of interested posters and then pick someone who actually likes the team, lol

I don't want to make it public

Make it public, Larz. Anyone willing to front this team is already beyond feeling shame. 

I find it funny that people are complaining that HAckenberg didnt throw a TD pass when Watson didn't throw one either. He ran in for one but not throw

HE was fine. IT was conservative but he wasnt hitting those last year

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I find it funny that people are complaining that HAckenberg didnt throw a TD pass when Watson didn't throw one either. He ran in for one but not throw

HE was fine. IT was conservative but he wasnt hitting those last year

You tell them, Who.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He said improve the QB position.

Blaming the OC is classic Mark Sanchez talk.  Sucking was never his fault, always either the OCs who are always to blame otherwise its the HCs fault.  No matter the team, the coaches, the situation.  He fails and his fans blame someone else

Yeah, that's the boilerplate Sanchez haters speech. 

Never in the history of the team have we had an offensive coordinator as bad as Tony Sparano and wide receivers as bad as Clyde Gates and Chaz Schillens. Shonn Greene weighed 300 pounds.  The OL was dysfunctional. Tim Tebow was a constant distraction. 

That was an atrocious offense, terrible personnel, completely mismanaged by Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan who only cared about defense.   But go ahead, please, tell us again how the most successful quarterback in Jets postseason history and the second best quarterback to ever put on the Jets uniform nosedived because he suddenly got stupid and not as a result of the worst offensive personnel ever put on the field led by the worst OC in team history.  Nah, couldn't have been that.

SAR I