Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Flushing Roots

Parking Question

Recommended Posts

My seats are in Section 129 so I use the Verizon gate to get in and out of the stadium.

I have Green Parking passes which entitle me to park in Lot E or F.

Anyone have any suggestions which is better for faster entry and egress?

The Coaches Club lot in Lot E would be the best option for me as it is butt-up to the Verizon gate but unless I can work out a deal with my rep, I don't think I will be parking there as it is reserved for Coaches Club, Commissioner's Club and Suites.

Any insight from anyone would be helpful.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
1 hour ago, Flushing Roots said:

My seats are in Section 129 so I use the Verizon gate to get in and out of the stadium.

I have Green Parking passes which entitle me to park in Lot E or F.

Anyone have any suggestions which is better for faster entry and egress?

The Coaches Club lot in Lot E would be the best option for me as it is butt-up to the Verizon gate but unless I can work out a deal with my rep, I don't think I will be parking there as it is reserved for Coaches Club, Commissioner's Club and Suites.

Any insight from anyone would be helpful.  

Well we talked about this in person so you know what I feel. :)

Lot F is really empty in the back end of it. Lot E is more crowded because they do the VIP parking in there as well.  Lot E probably makes more sense for you since it is a shorter walk from your seats. Park anywhere in there, exit towards Lot F on that middle road and you will be able to get on the turnpike south.

Tonight after the game they would stop traffic and let that middle road go. In all my years of parking at the stadium (been going since 1988) it is by far the best exit spot I have had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

My seats are in Section 129 so I use the Verizon gate to get in and out of the stadium.

I have Green Parking passes which entitle me to park in Lot E or F.

Anyone have any suggestions which is better for faster entry and egress?

The Coaches Club lot in Lot E would be the best option for me as it is butt-up to the Verizon gate but unless I can work out a deal with my rep, I don't think I will be parking there as it is reserved for Coaches Club, Commissioner's Club and Suites.

Any insight from anyone would be helpful.  

So I sit right above you and here's what I do.  It's the fastest way to Route 3 if that helps you (I live in Jersey so going west gets me to 17N or 21N or GSP, if you're heading back to NY through the Lincoln Tunnel this works wonders for that as well if you go Route 3 East from here):

Arrive and park in Lot E, sharp left after the toll booths, park as close as possible to the exit next to those booths.  Game ends, make a hard left.  Go under the pedestrian bridge.  Make your first right onto Route 3, you're out in under 3 minutes.  Especially now that they've run with my idea and made an Uber lot to alleviate the congestion under the pedestrian bridge.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So I sit right above you and here's what I do.  It's the fastest way to Route 3 if that helps you (I live in Jersey so going west gets me to 17N or 21N or GSP, if you're heading back to NY through the Lincoln Tunnel this works wonders for that as well if you go Route 3 East from here):

Arrive and park in Lot E, sharp left after the toll booths, park as close as possible to the exit next to those booths.  Game ends, make a hard left.  Go under the pedestrian bridge.  Make your first right onto Route 3, you're out in under 3 minutes.  Especially now that they've run with my idea and made an Uber lot to alleviate the congestion under the pedestrian bridge.

SAR I

I think he wants to get to the Turnpike South. He should be able to get out following my want in like 2.5 minutes. But I am totally not competing with you. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think he wants to get to the Turnpike South. He should be able to get out following my want in like 2.5 minutes. But I am totally not competing with you. :)

Gotcha.  Your way is better.

I'm a little anxious about my egress from Lot E.  Tonight there was a parking guard directing traffic who would not let me make the left onto the road that goes under the pedestrian bridge to make my first left onto Route 3 and I have no idea what happens if I'm forced to make a right out of Lot E in relation to Route 3 west.  Any thoughts?

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SAR I said:

Gotcha.  Your way is better.

I'm a little anxious about my egress from Lot E.  Tonight there was a parking guard directing traffic who would not let me make the left onto the road that goes under the pedestrian bridge to make my first left onto Route 3 and I have no idea what happens if I'm forced to make a right out of Lot E in relation to Route 3 west.  Any thoughts?

SAR I

Unfortunately I don't know. When I parked in E I always went to the Turnpike. But I hated doing that because I had to get on at 18W and sit in the traffic south with all the 16W people fighting to get on the tpke. But back to your point, I am not sure. I think that the new uber pickup line is in E now, like where they used to do the Redd's pickup. I am not sure if that changes the traffic flow getting out of there. I can't see how it would make anything easier over there. It is really crowded as is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well we talked about this in person so you know what I feel. :)

Lot F is really empty in the back end of it. Lot E is more crowded because they do the VIP parking in there as well.  Lot E probably makes more sense for you since it is a shorter walk from your seats. Park anywhere in there, exit towards Lot F on that middle road and you will be able to get on the turnpike south.

Tonight after the game they would stop traffic and let that middle road go. In all my years of parking at the stadium (been going since 1988) it is by far the best exit spot I have had.

Thanks Max.

I am leaning towards this as the most important variable for me is the shortest walk and getting to my car quickly so I can bolt out of there fast.

Just ticks me off I have to walk through that VIP lot to get to E.

Last night I eyeballed E & F from the Verizon escalator and tried to assess whether F down by the 50/50 entrance would be faster as it looks pretty close.

But I think the egress would be more congested.

I like the idea I can make a left out of E and just go straight to the Turnpike South.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SAR I said:

So I sit right above you and here's what I do.  It's the fastest way to Route 3 if that helps you (I live in Jersey so going west gets me to 17N or 21N or GSP, if you're heading back to NY through the Lincoln Tunnel this works wonders for that as well if you go Route 3 East from here):

Arrive and park in Lot E, sharp left after the toll booths, park as close as possible to the exit next to those booths.  Game ends, make a hard left.  Go under the pedestrian bridge.  Make your first right onto Route 3, you're out in under 3 minutes.  Especially now that they've run with my idea and made an Uber lot to alleviate the congestion under the pedestrian bridge.

SAR I

This is an option as well as I can take Route 3 home as well as the Turnpike.  Most of the time 3 West is less congested than the Turnpike which is a plus.

As far as you having to make a right out of the lot in hopes you get to Route 3, I am sure you can get there.

It's just a matter of how quickly.

I know at the far south end of Lot E they direct you left to get to 3 which if my geography is correct should work for you if they make you make that right out of the lot on the east side.

Next PS game would be a good time to scout that out before you get the regular season crowds. 

I will do that as I want to be able to navigate this all seamlessly without any aggravation. 

Best way to ruin a good game day experience is to sit in the lot for an hour trying to get out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sit in 128 and had the same issue. I have yellow parking though. It was my first time to Metlife last night. With all the cones and obsticles throughout the parking lot, its going to take me a while to get used to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×