Is Bryce Petty eliminated from Jets' quarterback competition?

Gas2No99

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On August 16, 2017 at 6:22 AM, jack48 said:

Petty is inconsistent.  From play to play.  He cannot string anything together.  Nice arm.   Good timing.  He just does not get it done play to play.

Petty is consistent. Consistently bad

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 0:32 PM, Scott Dierking said:

I am guessing that you don't even know the college field is 120 yards long.

Just curious what you were going for with this.  Were you implying that pro fields are not the same length?

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

So wait one second here, what is the criteria that you are using to make this evaluation? Tweets? 

Really?

As opposed to what source of information? Most fans that go to watch practices usually come out pretty impressed with Petty. Also if you give merit to running tallies, Petty has thrown less picks while having a higher completion percentage than Hack. 

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

HARD. STATISTICAL. DATA.

Provide please. And, statistics don't tell entire stories.

And also provide the source. I have seen different reporters at camp provide wildly different statistics, on the same camp day. It is a joke. 

What we don't see are how are these players doing in the classroom and other areas of coach/player interaction and prep that we don't see. for more importantly. read tweets about.

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Provide please. And, statistics don't tell entire stories.

And also provide the source. I have seen different reporters at camp provide wildly different statistics, on the same camp day. It is a joke. 

What we don't see are how are these players doing in the classroom and other areas of coach/player interaction and prep that we don't see. 

We also don't get to look into their eyes, and see the heart of a champion. 

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

So absent these statistics that Tom is compiling, we are left with "Petty has been better than Hack all camp", because it is in the spectrum of thought pattern that T0m Shane has clung to, and because of that, it is so.

And we are supposed to trust THAT? 

Statistics don't tell entire stories.

10 hours ago, kdels62 said:

As opposed to what source of information? Most fans that go to watch practices usually come out pretty impressed with Petty. Also if you give merit to running tallies, Petty has thrown less picks while having a higher completion percentage than Hack. 

Fans with preconceived expectations?  Not a single coach or media member agrees.  

Petty cant make the simplest of decisions, can't make line calls.  In his third camp he still looks completely and utterly lost and in over his head to this point. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Fans with preconceived expectations? Petty cant make the simplest of decisions, can't make line calls.  In his third camp he still looks completely and utterly lost and in over his head to this point. 

1. Fans with preconceived notions are idiots!

2. Listen to this wild-ass thing I'm gonna state as fact based entirely on my preconceived notions!

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Fans with preconceived notions are idiots!

2. Listen to this wild-ass thing I'm gonna state as fact based entirely on my preconceived notions!

Fast forward 12 months when he will be saying the same thing about Hackenberg while telling us we're idiots for questioning whatever new project QB they drag into camp next year.

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Fast forward 12 months when he will be saying the same thing about Hackenberg while telling us we're idiots for questioning whatever new project QB they drag into camp next year.

You see dead people too?

Archived