8/15 practice tweets

flgreen

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets' kicking battle between Chandler Catanzaro and Ross Martin is "a dogfight ... they're neck and neck," according to special teams coach Brant Boyer. Martin has outkicked Catanzaro in practice, but the decision will be based largely on how they perform in the games. P Lachlan Edwards, who had a 14-yard punt in the first game, must learn to maintain his focus throughout the entire game, per Boyer. "His consistency needs to improve, he knows that," Boyer said.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

The Jets are taking a deliberate approach with QB Christian Hackenberg. That included a conservative game plan in the preseason opener. In fact, 14 of his 18 completions came within five yards of the line of scrimmage. Offensive coordinator John Morton provides some insight.

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

The Jets are taking a deliberate approach with QB Christian Hackenberg. That included a conservative game plan in the preseason opener. In fact, 14 of his 18 completions came within five yards of the line of scrimmage. Offensive coordinator John Morton provides some insight.

It was painful to watch.

Archived