8/15 practice tweets

flgreen

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Sounds like Hack has outperformed McClown in 2 successive practices and from the tweets sounded more comfortable with the noise than McClown. He has also gotten more reps than the coach-to-be last 2 days, but not good enough, he needs 80% of reps for rest of camp.

You are still clinging to this hope that Hack is going to start? 

How much evidence do you need to see that McCown is the starter and Hack will play if/when the season goes in the tank OR McCown performs poorly for multiple games?

7 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

The infamous 4 DT line is not the answer.  They need speed from the edge.  

In an ideal world, Hack looks the part of a franchise QB, the Jets still only win 4 games get the 3rd overall pick, and get the best sure fire can't miss non QB in the draft to be there edge rusher in Arden Key, cut Mo Wilk, sign Sheldon long term, or vice versa which ever you prefer as a Jets fan.  After Darnold the QB's next year are not can't miss I don't care what anyone says so if you don't get Darnold, and Hack looks the part Key is the pick, and it's not close.  Spend the 80 million on OL, RB, and WR's for Hack to build with, say Allen Robinson would be a great start considering they already have past history.

AGAIN I SAID IN A PERFECT WORLD.  In the most likely scenario where Hack does not look the part the Jets have to draft the best QB available if they are picking in the top 3.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Things I'd like to see:

Lee and Mauldin have been quiet this camp. It would be extremely encouraging if one of them can simply step up. With Leo as a lineman, Adams in the secondary, we must find another upcoming player that's going to be part of the LB core. 

I understand Hack might not be ready to play, but it is so meaningless for McCown to start any of our games. Let Hack play and gradually expand the playbook. He needs to learn from his mistakes. 

Marshall drops way too many passes. He's extremely lucky that we are so thin at receiver. Plus he has a 4-game suspension. 

I keep hearing good things about Maye. I never questioned the player, I simply questioned the position that we decided to go with in the 2nd round. I personally wanted Dalvon Cook, but I would gladly eat my words if Maye turns out to be a perennial pro bowler. 

I like the the majority of our assistant coaches. However, I still don't like the head coach. 

Agree Lee needs to step it up or else he joins a long list of 1st round busts................

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

.@chackenberg1's personal goals for #NYJvsDET: "Go out and operate and do what's asked of me and continue to grow."

DHTCydoXUAI4fWm.jpg
1 retweet2 likes

If you don't think this sexy man looks like a franchise QB, you must be blind.

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I like your lil' Roto write up Sir:

Jets OC John Morton has called Christian Hackenberg "basically a rookie."

That's because the Jets were scared to even give Hackenberg reps in practice during his actual rookie season. Morton went on to say it's "too early to tell" when Hackenberg might be ready to start a regular season game. The Jets did their best to hide Hackenberg behind easy throws in last week's preseason opener, but the offense failed to produce any points across his eight drives. Hackenberg hasn't been good since his freshman year at Penn State in 2013. That seems unlikely to change this season.

Source: ESPN New York 
Aug 15 - 3:08 PM

:lol:

I'm very tired and fed up with this failure to score points narrative.   There was no running game to speak of!!!  Make a QB one dimensional and unless his name is Brady or Manning, he's not going to score points. 

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree Lee needs to step it up or else he joins a long list of 1st round busts................

He played pretty well in the pre-season opener and hasn't been a negative at all in camp.  I'd say that so far he's doing just fine.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He played pretty well in the pre-season opener and hasn't been a negative at all in camp.  I'd say that so far he's doing just fine.

Did you copy and paste that from the Jets Org handbook under the heading "Standards: Ring of Honor"? 

Jets injury report: WR/PR Lucky Whitehead (broken foot) is out indefinitely. Tough summer for Lucky, tough camp for the Jets' receivers. RB Bilal Powell (neck) returned to team drills. He carried the ball once and caught three passes. His backfield mate, Matt Forte, (hamstring) remained on the sideline. WR Marquess Wilson (hip) sat out.

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets play of the day: Christian Hackenberg hit rookie WR Dan Williams on a "go" route that covered about 50 yards. Williams, in only his second practice, outmuscled CB Marcus Williams for the ball. Now for the downside: Williams apparently got hurt on the play. He walked off the field with the trainer, flexing his hand.

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Overheard at Jets camp: "It's tough, it's tough. It's tough because I'm competitive and I want to be out there, but all I can do is worry about the things that I can control. That's my attitude every day. It's easy to sulk, it's easy to put your head down. But at the end of the day, that doesn't help anything. It doesn't help you, it doesn't help the team." -- QB Bryce Petty on his lack of reps in practice.

After practice, Jets second-year QB Christian Hackenberg was asked about being called "a rookie" by OC John Morton. Some context: Earlier, Morton praised Hackenberg for his performance against the Titans. Putting it in perspective, Morton added, "Basically, he's a rookie." He was obviously referring to the fact that Hackenberg didn't play last season. The QB was caught off guard by the question.

Jets rookie report: After a quiet two weeks, WR Chad Hansen made his best play of training camp. He ran a deep in-cut, caught the ball in stride and bolted another 30 yards for a touchdown. It was a long time coming. CB Derrick Jones flashed for the second day in a row, breaking up a pass. FB Anthony Firkser, who had a drop against the Titans, scored on a short reception in a red-zone period. He's battling Julian Howsare for the fullback job.

50 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I'm very tired and fed up with this failure to score points narrative.   There was no running game to speak of!!!  Make a QB one dimensional and unless his name is Brady or Manning, he's not going to score points. 

I know, right? It's not like McCown was able to score any points on his one and only... oh wait.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

You are still clinging to this hope that Hack is going to start? 

How much evidence do you need to see that McCown is the starter and Hack will play if/when the season goes in the tank OR McCown performs poorly for multiple games?

Wow. PAC comes out swinging.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

0-16

0-16

0-16

What were you saying about multiple posts of the same message?????

Was it "Consider the amazingness of this being posted four three times."  Ironic

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What were you saying about multiple posts of the same thing?????

Hang on, Mr. Nut. In order for our observations to be analogous, my posts would have had to read, "ONLY A GIANT DICKFACE WOULD POST '0-16' three times in succession!!! #SOJF" 

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wow. PAC comes out swinging.

Oh yeah that was some seriously below the belt sh-t in that post.

So what are you seeing corky?  Pretty obvious it's McCown until mathematical elimination then bring it home with the Hack Attack, no?

1 minute ago, Pac said:

So what are you seeing corky?  Pretty obvious it's McCown until mathematical elimination then bring it home with the Hack Attack, no?

I actually didn't see the game so I can't really comment because I'm so ethical and my credibility is everything.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hang on, Mr. Nut. In order for our observations to be analogous, my posts would have had to read, "ONLY A GIANT DICKFACE WOULD POST '0-16' three times in succession!!! #SOJF" 

Actually no but thanks for trying.  

4 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I like your lil' Roto write up Sir:

Jets OC John Morton has called Christian Hackenberg "basically a rookie."

That's because the Jets were scared to even give Hackenberg reps in practice during his actual rookie season. Morton went on to say it's "too early to tell" when Hackenberg might be ready to start a regular season game. The Jets did their best to hide Hackenberg behind easy throws in last week's preseason opener, but the offense failed to produce any points across his eight drives. Hackenberg hasn't been good since his freshman year at Penn State in 2013. That seems unlikely to change this season.

Source: ESPN New York 
Aug 15 - 3:08 PM

:lol:

It's really hard for Bowles as HC to justify how this team resource was managed.  He is responsible for the draft picks recieving coaching.  Did Patullo find another job?

14 minutes ago, varjet said:

It's really hard for Bowles as HC to justify how this team resource was managed.  He is responsible for the draft picks recieving coaching.  Did Patullo find another job?

Report: Texas A&M adds former Jets QB coach Kevin Patullo as analyst

Stockpiling experienced coaches as analysts: It’s not just for Alabama anymore. Texas A&M is the latest SEC West program to join the trend.

The Aggies are adding former New York Jets quarterbacks coach Kevin Patullo to their staff as an offensive analyst, as reported by Alex Marvez of the Sporting News. 

Patullo had been the Jets’ quarterbacks coach for two years, and had previously coached in the NFL with the Tennessee Titans, Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs. Much of his background with those teams was coaching wide receivers.

Although the “analyst” position is relatively new and closely associated with Alabama under Nick Saban – Steve SarkisianMike Locksley and Chris Weinke are just some of the coaches who have held analyst positions with the Tide – Patullo’s impending addition in College Station is further evidence that hiring experienced coaches is a trend that is spreading.

He's another Former NFL person added to pad  A&M's Staff so as to attract recruits.

52 minutes ago, Pac said:

Negged for 'corky'. 

Youve had 3 decades to find a new pop cultural reference that implies retard. Shame on you for not doing a better job of being the pathetic slob that uses that as an insult in the first place.

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Negged for 'corky'. 

Youve had 3 decades to find a new pop cultural reference that implies retard. Shame on you for not doing a better job of being the pathetic slob that uses that as an insult in the first place.

I think you're overthinking this one a bit, Donald.

I appreciate the sanctimonious tirade tho. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So far he's been a JAG 

So far he had one rookie season, has looked better at camp, and flashed a bit during the one and only exhibition game we've played.  

Don't know what else you could have hoped for with the kid.  

25 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

It means they aren't ready to make a decision, yet.  They're gonna let it play out through camp then decide.

No, Pac was right....Bowles is likely placating McCoffee with extra reps to give the illusion of a competition, but Bowles mind was made up way before TC even started and even if Hack wildly outplays him the next 3 weeks and next 3 preseason games, McClown will start until injured or unitil a couple games after we are mathematically eliminated...Hack will be luckly to get 4 starts and we will we go into 2018 having no idea what we have at QB other than a crappy 39 year old retread that Bowles will STILL want to play if he has not been fired....even if McCown gets injured and Hack plays well Bowles will want to find some other veteran.

Did you copy and paste that from the Jets Org handbook under the heading "Standards: Ring of Honor"? 

Nope.  Just like the progress so far, that's all.  We'll see if it carries into the regular season.

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

No, Pac was right....Bowles is likely placating McCoffee with extra reps to give the illusion of a competition, but Bowles mind was made up way before TC even started and even if Hack wildly outplays him the next 3 weeks and next 3 preseason games, McClown will start until injured or unitil a couple games after we are mathematically eliminated...Hack will be luckly to get 4 starts and we will we go into 2018 having no idea what we have at QB other than a crappy 39 year old retread that Bowles will STILL want to play if he has not been fired....even if McCown gets injured and Hack plays well Bowles will want to find some other veteran.

McCown will start the season and Hack will start the Jacksonville game and beyond.  That's what I'm thinking.

Archived