Jets practice 08/17

redman81

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our oline is just going to reek this year.  All of these reports of 'There were 11 sacks by my count' from camp will translate into our QBs just getting massacred out there when real hitting takes place.  Two guards, pretty decent, 'battles' for center and tackles.  Battles for core positions usually mean you have no worthy starter.  Our backs and TES better make a lot of plays this year.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Was at practice ... team looked slow ... little urgency

Johnny Morton was awesome today. On everyone's ass.

Jalen Marshall looked like he might not even be a jag.

Granted they worked mostly on run blocking and fits .. so maybe that why they looked slow ?? dunno.

Seriously this looks like an expansion team that will be fun to watch.

One bright spot ... RBs look like can catch.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It wasn't a full speed practice

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

Any one know who Alan Herman represents?  Got to be a reason he's hanging out with Macc at practice

Link:

Alan Herman. Not to be confused with Herman Edwards, Herman Moore, Herman Melville, Herman Winningham, Herman’s Hermits or, apparently, a sane Homo sapien. Two days ago, after the New York Jets released Stephen Hill, Herman — an agent with Sportstars who represents the wide receiver — teed off to the media, ripping into Rex Ryan for never giving his client a fair shot.

57 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Is Jonathan Harrison the South Carolina OL they stashed? 

Speaking of OL depth, what kind of reps is Dakota Dozier getting? 

Are you thinking of Jarvis Harrison the 5th rounder from 2015?  He was from A&M.  Shell was a Gamecock.  Jarvis Harrison was cut pretty early on in 2016 I believe and is with the Bucs now.  This Harrison is Jonotthan out of Florida who had some starts at G/C for the Colts, but was non-tendered.  Maybe you mean Javarius Leamon, the huge UDFA OT from South Carolina State?  He is #65

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Are you thinking of Jarvis Harrison the 5th rounder from 2015?  He was from A&M.  Shell was a Gamecock.  Jarvis Harrison was cut pretty early on in 2016 I believe and is with the Bucs now.  This Harrison is Jonotthan out of Florida who had some starts at G/C for the Colts, but was non-tendered.  Maybe you mean Javarius Leamon, the huge UDFA OT from South Carolina State?  He is #65

Set that boy straight!

I would really like to know how Leamon is looking so far.  Giving him Joe Fields number does not have much meaning anymore. Not with Buster Skrine wearing Matt Snell's.  Leamon has NFL size, but may be a bit slow and weak based on the combine.  Coming from the MEAC is a big jump. He was supposed to go to Clemson, but was academically ineligible.  Wasn't setting Gato straight, just trying to answer his question  Leamon is a 2017 UDFA, so he wasn't stashed, but he did go to South Carolina State and Zierlein didn't proofread his profile because he describes the kid as a Gamecock instead of a Bulldog.  

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Our oline is just going to reek this year.  All of these reports of 'There were 11 sacks by my count' from camp will translate into our QBs just getting massacred out there when real hitting takes place.  Two guards, pretty decent, 'battles' for center and tackles.  Battles for core positions usually mean you have no worthy starter.  Our backs and TES better make a lot of plays this year.

They bet big that Wesley Johnson could replace a diminished Mangold. If Johnson sucks, then it won't even matter who's playing QB.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Or... they could be alright because they aren't going up against defensive lines that could consist of Leonard Williams, Muhammad Wilkerson, Steve McClendon and Sheldon Richardson.  Our line is really really good and I'm hoping that when the real games start they won't look as bad as they do in practice because other defensive lines aren't as good as the ones our offensive lineman go up against everyday in practice.  Or I could be wrong and they give up 10 sacks per.

4 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Or... they could be alright because they aren't going up against defensive lines that could consist of Leonard Williams, Muhammad Wilkerson, Steve McClendon and Sheldon Richardson.  Our line is really really good and I'm hoping that when the real games start they won't look as bad as they do in practice because other defensive lines aren't as good as the ones our offensive lineman go up against everyday in practice.  Or I could be wrong and they give up 10 sacks per.

Our line is really, really good on paper... didn't make a sh*ts-worth of difference last year though.

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

Pat Elflein.  Ethan Pocic.  

Always weird how the Jets, particularly under Maccagnan, are caught flat-footed when it comes time to transition to younger players. Even with David Harris, they had to go out and trade for Demario Davis.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Always weird how the Jets, particularly under Maccagnan, are caught flat-footed when it comes time to transition to younger players. Even with David Harris, they had to go out and trade for Demario Davis.

Yeah, that was quite a mind-boggling trade that made me do a double-take. If they really think he's the guy to replace Harris, wouldn't they have, you know, kept him when they had him instead of letting him walk, with head hanging, over to the Factory of Saddness?

And, really, the best they can get for Pryor (a 1st rounder) is some guy that they already deemed not worthy to stick around on the team? Seriously?

What's Mac gonna do next? Trade Forte to the Titans for Jace Amaro?

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, that was quite a mind-boggling trade that made me do a double-take. If they really think he's the guy to replace Harris, wouldn't they have, you know, kept him when they had him instead of letting him walk, with head hanging, over to the Factory of Saddness?

And, really, the best they can get for Pryor (a 1st rounder) is some guy that they already deemed not worthy to stick around on the team? Seriously?

Mike Maccagnan is in over his head, many call it a rebuild I call it a moron making decisions that decide whether the team is good or bad......

12 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

This trade is going to work out for them.  I am not quite sure if it was genius or an accident.

As Dan Leberfeld has said, the Jets are very driven by politics.  Harris was being paid alot of money-he was going to play.  Davis not only appears to have matured since leaving, but he really was a Mike LB.  They were not going to play Davis there over Harris.  So they drafted Lee to play the Will and let Davis go.  If Harris was still better than Davis, maybe that was the right move.

I think Davis will be fine at the Mike this year.   I am more worried about Lee.  The trade brings a wash/upgrade at Mike, at a much lower cost, and offloads Pryor's first round contract to the Browns.  Adams and Maye will be like night and day compared to Pryor and Gilcrist, that I am sure of.

Not trying to be a cheerleader here.  There are other problems with this team.  The WRs are a trainwreck, but I think the blame on that is the owner.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Haaarrison, something seemed off. All I know about this team these days is that everyone sucks and is stupid also Wilkerson is Muslim. 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Mike Maccagnan is in over his head, many call it a rebuild I call it a moron making decisions that decide whether the team is good or bad......

I'm not ready to throw Mac under the bus yet. I've liked that his decisions have seemed fairly balanced between the "FA Frenzy" style of Tannenbaum and the "Draft Pick Hoarder" style of Idzik. I understand a number of his picks have been questionable so far, as well some of his other off-season moves. I think a big reason for peoples' negative perceptions of both him and Bowles is simply because last year was such a disappointment. In his first year he took a team that was in the middle of a stagnant rebuild orchestrated by the former GM, and made moves that nearly had us as playoff contender. That season, I think, not only surprised a lot of fans, but probably the FO as well, so they decided to build off of that in 2016 which, as we know, was a horrible abortion. Thus, now begins the true rebuild which probably should have been started in 2015. I would like to add that, like Idzik, if Mac doesn't produce successful drafts, then his process or methods will ultimately fail, too.

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Was at practice ... team looked slow ... little urgency

Johnny Morton was awesome today. On everyone's ass.

Jalen Marshall looked like he might not even be a jag.

Granted they worked mostly on run blocking and fits .. so maybe that why they looked slow ?? dunno.

Seriously this looks like an expansion team that will be fun to watch.

One bright spot ... RBs look like can catch.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

They weren't going at full speed today. Beat writers said that from the start. 

34 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm not ready to throw Mac under the bus yet. I've liked that his decisions have seemed fairly balanced between the "FA Frenzy" style of Tannenbaum and the "Draft Pick Hoarder" style of Idzik. I understand a number of his picks have been questionable so far, as well some of his other off-season moves. I think a big reason for peoples' negative perceptions of both him and Bowles is simply because last year was such a disappointment. In his first year he took a team that was in the middle of a stagnant rebuild orchestrated by the former GM, and made moves that nearly had us as playoff contender. That season, I think, not only surprised a lot of fans, but probably the FO as well, so they decided to build off of that in 2016 which, as we know, was a horrible abortion. Thus, now begins the true rebuild which probably should have been started in 2015. I would like to add that, like Idzik, if Mac doesn't produce successful drafts, then his process or methods will ultimately fail, too.

Mac and Bowles' first year was like when a dude who lives in a trailer park wins $5k on a scratch-off and gets to pretend he's Warren Buffett for two weeks. Then it's back to the ol' trailer park.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mac and Bowles' first year was like when a dude who lives in a trailer park wins $5k on a scratch-off and gets to pretend he's Warren Buffett for two weeks. Then it's back to the ol' trailer park.

23358338_1454698286_1920.jpeg

Mac and Bowles

Archived