We can't be worse than the Jags, can we?

CanadienJetsFan

7 minutes ago, kmnj said:

sadly way worse-jags have way more talent we just have jags in a different sense of the word

Meh. Way more talent and what have they shown for it? A higher pick then us last year. And now Bortles probably won't even play a snap this season (Though that's probably a good thing for them) It's the Henne show now. I still wouldn't be shocked if the Jets end up outside a top 5 pick next year. 

2 hours ago, thadude said:

The Vick signing killed us.  If Idzik doesn't sign Vick he probably is forced to draft one of those 2nd round qb's

What a great idea make a dog killer Geno's mentor

after the year vick had in philly, I actually thought he could have helped geno - but I could not have been more wrong - vick decided to take $5m and the year off, shame

I think they are 2 troubled franchises.

I like their leadership team better.  They are basically beating the dickens out of their players this summer to see who is tough and create survivors.

They do have some real losers on their team.  I am glad we do not have Dante Fowler.

The great part about this question is that soon enough we will be able to get a real answer to it.  

4 hours ago, shawn306 said:

The Jags with Coughlin and Marrone are in alot better shape than the Jets are with Bowles and Mikey.

Heck they might even be able to fix Bortles.

Because of Coughlins history of great drafting?

I do like Marone though.  Just not sure if hes worth liking

I am sure I am well know for detesting playing veteran retread QBs, but when you have a 4 year starter like Bowles that is so bad, and the veteran Henne at least looking a little competent, you almost have to go with Henne. The lightbulb is just not going to miraculously come on for him.

Now our situation is 100% different. Hack needs to play even if he does look a little behind McClown who should not even be on the team 

4 hours ago, Stark said:

lol, surely you meant... What a great idea to waste a pick on Geno just because he was tumbling down the draft. That was a horrible pick. I have said it before that draft, right after the pick was announced, and GeNOPE's entire time here. Waste.... 

The Vick signing and Tebow trade have prevented the following from being drafted by the jets:

Russell Wilson (who both Rex and Bradway said they wanted)

Derek Carr

Teddy Bridgewater

19 minutes ago, thadude said:

The Vick signing and Tebow trade have prevented the following from being drafted by the jets:

Derek Carr

Teddy Bridgewater

Completely wrong

14 minutes ago, thadude said:

Derek Carr

Teddy Bridgewater

Not really... I think Sanchez and Geno had a bigger hand in that.

In 2012 Sanchez was just given a big extension that year and was still considered our franchise QB. We weren't quite in the market for another young prospect to replace Sanchez just some competition for him who can double as a backup and occasional offensive weapon in the wild-cat which is why we brought in Tebow. (what a year that was :rolleyes:)

And in 2014 a combination of the fact that Idzik was high on Pryor (Oops) and wanted to roll with Geno for the year lead to us not partaking in the 2014 class (besides Tajh Boyd). Vick was just a veteran backup who knew the offense and could theoretically come in just in case Smith failed. Didn't work out, but that's besides the point. 

Point is the backups had little to nothing to do with not taking QB's, the young QB's we had pegged to be our starter's were.

3 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Not really... I think Sanchez and Geno had a bigger hand in that.

In 2012 Sanchez was just given a big extension that year and was still considered our franchise QB. We weren't quite in the market for another young prospect to replace Sanchez just some competition for him who can double as a backup and occasional offensive weapon in the wild-cat which is why we brought in Tebow. (what a year that was :rolleyes:)

And in 2014 a combination of the fact that Idzik was high on Pryor (Oops) and wanted to roll with Geno for the year lead to us not partaking in the 2014 class (besides Tajh Boyd). Vick was just a veteran backup who knew the offense and could theoretically come in just in case Smith failed. Didn't work out, but that's besides the point. 

Point is the backups had little to nothing to do with not taking QB's, the young QB's we had pegged to be our starter's were.

Going into 2012 we absolutely were trying to get another qb since Sanchez sucked in 2011 and was mediocre the previous 2 years except for the playoffs.  

Bradway and Rex wanted Russell Wilson but earlier that year we traded for Teblow Woody's hero

If we weren't looking to hedge our bets with Geno in 2014 by signing Vick wtf were we doing? 

I think they are 2 troubled franchises.

I like their leadership team better.  They are basically beating the dickens out of their players this summer to see who is tough and create survivors.

They do have some real losers on their team.  I am glad we do not have Dante Fowler.

The great part about this question is that soon enough we will be able to get a real answer to it.  

I think that team is set up for the future much better, as long as they get a QB.  The defense is talented, the offense is talented as well.  If they get a QB, that would be a young and dangerous team.  I think they are in the same boat as we are, not going anywhere without a QB.  However, you put Sam Darnold on the Jets and a clone on the Jags, and I think they are better.  

Florio's running a piece tonight saying there are a few players grumbling about the "old school" style of Marrone and Coughlin, and complaining about the physicality of the practices. Pretty much a guarantee that team will be making deep playoff runs within two years.

Archived