Drama amongst the Jets beat-offs

Integrity28

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is a borderline political post and probably will be banned but a Jets reporter bad mouthing a Jets player sure seems like a football story. 

This is about a Jets beat writer abusing his platform. Not about the juxtaposing points of view tethered to the event. 

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

https://twitter.com/jetswhispers/status/898597251785801734

https://twitter.com/JCaporoso/status/898614614514049025

I'm not looking to start a debate about politics - or racist ideology. Just laughing at what a dumbass Leberfield looks like in this situation.

Looks like that first tweet is already gone, which seems to support the dumbassery of it.  What'd it say?

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Looks like that first tweet is already gone, which seems to support the dumbassery of it.  What'd it say?

It linked to this:

I apologize to Jordan Jenkins and all I offendedDan Leberfeld

It’s time to clear some things up.

A mini-controversy erupted this week over something I wrote about Jordan Jenkins related to his comments about the unspeakable tragedy in Charlottesville.

First off, let me say I have tremendous respect for Jenkins, and I’m not pandering. In fact, I will go back to what I wrote when the Jets drafted him.

“Jenkins, the son of a career military officer, is a class act. He was the Georgia team captain in 2015. He’s the kind of guy want you in your clubhouse.” – Jets Confidential Post-Draft Issue, May, 2016

I have great deal of admiration for him. He’s a very impressive man.

On Monday, he was quoted by the Daily News about what happened in Charlottesville, where some White Nationalist scumbags, abhorrent human beings, were given a permit to protest in a park, and it turned into a riot, and Heather Heyer was tragically killed.

Jenkins made a lot of great points, like, “There’s got to be a point where we got to stop letting things go idly by and we have to come together to stop this stuff from happening. Otherwise it’s going keep happening and keep happening, and eventually it’s going to lead to civil unrest and it’s going to be even worse than it is.”

Spot on.

I disagreed with something he said about the counter-protesters, the Antifa group.

“They wanted to show their pride and defend their country,” Jenkins said.

The woman who died, no doubt that statement applies to her, but I’m not entirely sure Antifa was there to “defend their country.”

Antifa showed up to the park armed with sticks and shields, bottles of urine, and pepper spray. A melee broke out, and some crazed White Nationalist rammed into some people with his car, killing one. Two police officers also died in a helicopter crash, and two journalists were injured after getting attacked by Antifa.

“At least two journalists in Charlottesville were assaulted by people protesting the Klan/Nazi/alt-right rally,” tweeted CNN”s Jake Tapper on Saturday.

“The hard left seemed as hate-filled as alt-right. I saw club-wielding Antifa beating white nationalists being led out of the park,” tweeted New York Times reporter Sheryl Gay Stolberg from the scene on Saturday.

Without Antifa showing up, these vile fools would have likely just had their despicable rally, and would have gone home with nothing else happening, aside from hurt feelings. They have the First Amendment right to be jackasses, as long as they don’t physically hurt anybody.

All I did in the blog was challenge Jenkins to blame both sides.

To Jenkins, his family, and anyone else offended, please accept my heartfelt apology.

And let’s try to come together as a nation.

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

As you can see, Joe Caporuso or whatever nails it. It starts with I apologize, and doubles down by the end... LOL

Why? Do we all have to pretend now that the Antifa scumbags are good guys? LOL.

F*ck any and all racists, nazis, commies, fascists, anarchists, rioters, confederates, Cop Block, black bloc, and any other A;hole that feels the need to use violence to push an abhorrent, radical agenda.

Period.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Why? Do we all have to pretend now that the Antifa scumbags are good guys? LOL.

**** racists, nazis, commies, fascists, anarchists, rioters, confederates, Cop Block, black bloc, and any other a$$hole that feels the need to use violence to push an abhorrent, radical agenda.

Period.

Happy to discuss via PM. Don't jack up the thread... this is more about beat wrtiers drama. I had hoped for that, at least.

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Before this gets locked, I just want to say once more that the Jets' press room is a sewer that should be hosed with bleach. Any team with a shred of self-respect would have pulled Leberfeld's credential hours ago.

I like the top part. What did he say? Or write?

19 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Deadspin had a write up on it.  Had no clue Dan L was a Breitbart contributor.  With Steve Bannon out in Washington, maybe Chris Johnson will bring him on to supervise Eric Allen?

[deleted because it spelled doom]

16 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Before this gets locked, I just want to say once more that the Jets' press room is a sewer that should be hosed with bleach. Any team with a shred of self-respect would have pulled Leberfeld's credential hours ago.

Cut them some slack. After 14 grueling days watching football, they're allowed to excoriate millennial paramilitary snowflake globalist peacenik foot soldiers

Archived