### Jets \ Lions -- Preseason Week Two, Game Thread ###

Maxman

It is game day, preseason week 2 is here. Will Christian Hackenberg continue his development? Does Bryce Petty get a longer look this week? Does the defense have a strong showing again? All these questions will be answered tonight at 7:30 p.m.

One thing that is certain is the Jets will not lose. They never lose on my birthday.

Let's go Jets.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is game day, preseason week 2 is here. Will Christian Hackenberg continue his development? Does Bryce Petty get a longer look this week? Does the defense have a strong showing again? All these questions will be answered tonight at 7:30 p.m.

One thing that is certain is the Jets will not lose. They never lose on my birthday.

Let's go Jets.

Happy birthday ? At least we'll have one win this season ?

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's go Jets.

Happy Birthday Boss!!

IMG_1658.JPG

Things I want:

1. No Injuries (Seriously, No Injuries).

2. Continued development and growth for Hack in as much playing time as possible.

3. The WR position to start working itself out, the top 5 guys showing they're top 5.

4. Something, anything, from a Running Back not named Forte.

5. Defense continues to play solid football.

I was slightly encouraged by what I saw last week so usually this is where the universe reminds me that it loves a sick joke so I'm expecting a nightmare performance from Hack and the team just on that superstition.

I want to see smart tough football

I want to see the o-line open a hole without holding

I want to see a linebacker cover someone

I want to see hack operate the offense without calling a time out because the play clock was winding down.

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's go Jets.

Typical, we find a jets can't lose voodoo charm and it happens during exhibition season.  Why is your birthday not at a better time of the year, say around the time of the AFC title game?

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Anyone know what channel this is broadcast on tonight? CBS in upstate NY (albany area) isn't showin g it in the cable guide

Looks like it's not available this far north.  Gonna have to resort to some crappy internet signal and stream it.

Hey Happy Birthday!  I want Christian Hackenberg to give us a reason to not even contemplate drafting a QB in next years draft.  I know it can't be done in one game but I'll surely take another solid performance from him while airing it out a bit more and at least leading a scoring drive.  Incredibly amped for this game.

Side note.. 'amped' isn't a word???  There was a red spellcheck indicator under it.  Shocked   

Another interesting challenge for the D.  Lions can score points, will be interested how the Defense looks while starters are in.  Same deal next week.

My knee jerk week 1 reaction was the Defense might be too good for this team to get the #1 pick.  We will see if that is real or not soon enough.

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's go Jets.

well then you need to change youre birthday to week 17. Happy Birthday :)

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Typical, we find a jets can't lose voodoo charm and it happens during exhibition season.  Why is your birthday not at a better time of the year, say around the time of the AFC title game?

I should have been born on Super Bowl Sunday. The Jets never lose that day either lol.

Archived