I'm still in shock

Dcronin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dcronin said:

We DOWNGRADED from the duo of Fitz and Geno. How is that possible?

Hackenberg may be the worst Jets QB since Rick Mirer.

He's high-school level. Just awful. 

DC

If you followed his college career and just looked at his QB skills and removed from your judgment all the nonsense measurements and all that "looks the part" BS, there wouldn't be one drop of surprise regarding the crap-fest of a QB named Christian Hackenberg.

But as long as some here can conveniently keep blaming the coach who has PSU nationally ranked right now for the fact that Hackenberg is just an awful QB that will never be redeemable at the pro level, it'll always be someone else's fault and he should still be the guy here.

Because, you know... "Upside" (or some nonsense like that).

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

The offense around him was awful. 2 for 6 with 2 drops is hardly awful. Its nothing. He had what maybe one or 2 bad plays everything else was the sh*tty people he was with.

Is there ever a crappy NYJ QB who's just crappy on his own crappy merits? Because I swear I've seen a whole slew of 'em since 1984, with the latest 2 being Hack & Petty. Just awful, awful QBs that this team is currently saddled with. 

Hack's footwork on his dropbacks alone look as painful as it looks awkward and clunky. Mr. Tumnus in Narnia had more graceful footwork than this turd.

I could seriously picture Jet fans of a certain mindset in some seedy bar in LI back in '87 or '88: "How can you seriously blame O'Brien? Where's his weppinz at?"

29 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

The offense around him was awful. 2 for 6 with 2 drops is hardly awful. Its nothing. He had what maybe one or 2 bad plays everything else was the sh*tty people he was with.

The QB performance was indefensible last nite. The Jets never had a chance. He has a loooooooong way to go at this level. 

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

That is bullsh*t. There will always be pressure... In fact it gets worse as you go further just ask the 18-1 pats

Drops? Ever think a crappy QB is the cause? He hit ASJ in the toes...

4 minutes ago, ECURB said:

That is bullsh*t. There will always be pressure... In fact it gets worse as you go further just ask the 18-1 pats

Hack looked terrible yesterday, but trust me Bowles, and Morton did him no favors starting the 2nd unit OL with him, and calling run up the  middle on the first 2 plays to allow him to get murdered unblocked on that 3rd down, and all his bad mechanics, and sh*t came rushing back.

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

A throw at ASJs feet and poorly placed pass to Peake that was broken up by a defender are not drops.

7 minutes ago, ECURB said:

He dropped back to pass a total of 8 times!!!! They had a draw play on 3rd down on 2 of his 5 drives. People need to get their head out of their ass and actually look at what happened.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Hack looked terrible yesterday, but trust me Bowles, and Morton did him no favors starting the 2nd unit OL with him, and calling run up the  middle on the first 2 plays to allow him to get murdered unblocked on that 3rd down, and all his bad mechanics, and sh*t came rushing back.

The fact is this team doesn't have 1 QB you'd trade a nickel for, and I mean a nickel as in a coin worth $0.05. Forget the coaches, gameplan, plays called, whatever... Those two youngsters have proven plenty now that they are physically and mentally incapable of becoming legit NFL starting QBs, and Hack will be out of this league in no more than 2 seasons, and MacCagnan will be deservedly fired for hitching his wagon to a Ford Pinto. Book it.

Yes it's a coach's job to develop guys, but you gotta have some type of raw NFL talent you're working with. The Jets QB room is devoid of that in spades.

3 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

He dropped back to pass a total of 8 times!!!! They had a draw play on 3rd down on 2 of his 5 drives. People need to get their head out of their ass and actually look at what happened.

There's a reason for the bolded, and it ain't a compliment for Hackensuck.

13 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

If you include the stats from his star-making turn last week, he's passing for 4.5 YPA. There's no there there.

22 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

If you include the stats from his star-making turn last week, he's passing for 4.5 YPA. There's no there there.

Until he is paired with pro bowl players all along the line, in backfield, and on the outside, how can we judge him? Geno-syndrome.

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Until he is paired with pro bowl players all along the line, in backfield, and on the outside, how can we judge him? Geno-syndrome.

Funny you say this but Geno looked decent for the most part when he had weapons around him. It's common sense really. When you have a young quarterback you're trying to develop you put weapons around him. The Jets are the only team I know that consistently fields teams with little offensive talent around their young quarterbacks. 

6 minutes ago, August said:

Funny you say this but Geno looked decent for the most part when he had weapons around him. It's common sense really. When you have a young quarterback you're trying to develop you put weapons around him. The Jets are the only team I know that consistently fields teams with little offensive talent around their young quarterbacks. 

QBs make the talent around them better more often than the other way around.

Just now, jgb said:

Not true. Recently outside of Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton and Roethlisberger no quarterback can take average at best receivers and make them better. Like I said in another thread, Hackenberg probably sucks, but I'd want as little doubt as possible so if we move on we can at least say we gave him a solid oline, a few good tight ends and some receivers and he still looked like hot garbage. As opposed to little talent and wondering if not having guys that can at least bail him out and make plays for him is the difference. 

7 minutes ago, August said:

The same Geno who's about to be bumped down the G-Men depth chart for the rookie Webb?

Same as with the Sanchez guys who argue about the Jets stripping that idiot of his "weppinz," how come all of these QBs that everyone blames their teammates for their shortcomings, why do these guys NEVER thrive once they leave here for greener pastures? The simple answer is because they stunk on their own merits, and even on teams with "weppinz" their true losing nature still shines through.

Do good QBs need viable teammates on offense? Of course, but if your idea of building is to take some crap QB and hide him with "weppinz" all you're doing is spinning your wheels until you burn out the rubber (ie the Sanchez situation). Nothing happens in this league in the form of true success until you get an actual starting QB, which this team hasn't had since Pennington / Favre.

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

There's this amazing concept called developing a QB to get them to that point. Very few QBs in history, even all time greats, started out like that. 

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Eh. It shouldn't be an excuse but the Jets really do have nothing. I just don't understand how they knew they'd have a young QB situation and yet they go defense first 2 picks. They did the QBs ZERO favors. Unless this is their grand plan to tank, get their guy then go offense everything. But that's a nice little dream.

Jared Goff looked like crap last year. That didn't stop McVay from surrounding him with a TE and WR with his first two picks and going out to trade for Watkins. Its not rocket science. 

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

There's this amazing concept called developing a QB to get them to that point. Very few QBs in history, even all time greats, started out like that. 

And the ones that start out as abysmal as Hackensuck never ever get there... as we'll see when he washes out of this league within 3 years.

1 hour ago, glenn31 said:

The fact is this team doesn't have 1 QB you'd trade a nickel for, and I mean a nickel as in a coin worth $0.05. Forget the coaches, gameplan, plays called, whatever... Those two youngsters have proven plenty now that they are physically and mentally incapable of becoming legit NFL starting QBs, and Hack will be out of this league in no more than 2 seasons, and MacCagnan will be deservedly fired for hitching his wagon to a Ford Pinto. Book it.

Yes it's a coach's job to develop guys, but you gotta have some type of raw NFL talent you're working with. The Jets QB room is devoid of that in spades.

Agreed, and this is why I draft Mahomes over Adams all day every day this past draft.

2 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

The same Geno who's about to be bumped down the G-Men depth chart for the rookie Webb?

Same as with the Sanchez guys who argue about the Jets stripping that idiot of his "weppinz," how come all of these QBs that everyone blames their teammates for their shortcomings, why do these guys NEVER thrive once they leave here for greener pastures? The simple answer is because they stunk on their own merits, and even on teams with "weppinz" their true losing nature still shines through.

Do good QBs need viable teammates on offense? Of course, but if your idea of building is to take some crap QB and hide him with "weppinz" all you're doing is spinning your wheels until you burn out the rubber (ie the Sanchez situation). Nothing happens in this league in the form of true success until you get an actual starting QB, which this team hasn't had since Pennington / Favre.

As for the bold he's not going to be bumped down for Webb, 2017 is a redshirt year for the quarterback. Geno has played well in camp and he had a good showing in the first preseason game. If Geno was truly doing that bad we'd be hearing about it, trust me. The lack of stories about him in Giants camp tells me that he's doing well and him doing well is not worth writing about. Him failing would be the story especially considering how little most people think of him already. 

As for the underlined, Sanchez looked horrible his rookie year despite being surrounded with talent. Then improved a little in year 2 and improved in year 3 then towards the end of the year he began to falloff and it continued in year 4, he got a shot in Philly and looked decent but he still had some of those same problems. But with Sanchez we gave him 4 years and whether he had talent around him or not he was average at best. So it's easier to say we know what Sanchez is.

The best way to develop quarterbacks is putting them in the best position to succeed and that's by surrounding them with talent. If they suck they'll suck on their own anyway, no amount of weapons will change that, but at least we would know for sure what he is. 

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

Come on, are you really not smarter than this??

I'm smart enough to know that Sh1t-stain Hackensuck wasn't a legit NFL prospect.

I'm smart enough to know that drafting him in the 2nd round was a complete recipe for disaster.

I'm smart enough to know that all we know how to hire is awful, awful GMs.

I'm smart enough to know that Todd Bowles has no pulse.

I'm smart enough to know that Hackensuck looked like hot garbage last night.

I'm smart enough to know that McCagnan should be as good as G-O-N-E come Black Monday, & that Hack selection is the true nail in the coffin.

I'm smart enough to know that as that first half progressed the coaching staff were reduced to a wimpering "No mas" in regards to calling plays for a 3rd string QB to run vs a 1st 2nd string D by the 2nd quarter.

I'm smart enough to know Walt Michaels should have been here until 1990

I'm smart enough to know that Rex Ryan was a blabbering idiot when he said at his introductory presser that his football teams will swipe back at 2 of your'n when y'all swipe at 1 of mine'n... I tells ya (that's hockey mentality Rex, not football)

But most of all...

I'm smart enough to know that the daily snark provided by  @T0mShane is what's gonna get me through this devil of a season.

He's our real MVP... Fedex that man a Snoopy Bowl trophy, post-haste!

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Look my friend you need to take off the blinders. I was at that game last nite and it was the first time I watched Hack play in person. I was reserving judgement on him until I saw him in live game play. From the first play to the last play he was in the game Hack stunk up the joint. He once again zeroed in on one WR when he was nailed on the sack AND DIDNT EVEN FEEL THE GUY COMING. Granted the guy was unblocked but a QB especially in that situation should feel pressure. Hack, because he was locked in never saw him or felt him. If he did he could have pulled down the ball and not fumbled. The only reason why they threw the ball 8 times was because Hack was terrible and the same thing with the draw calls on 3rd down. The guy is just plain bad. I have been playing coaching and watching this game since my two-hand touch days on Lorimer st as a kid and let me tell you Hack is not an NFL QB. Just by the way he sets up in the pocket you can tell he is all wrong. You want to see an NFL QB. Look no further than Bryce Petty. He looked WORLDS better than Hack. Petty looked like he knew what he was doing out there even though it was against 3rd stringers. He looked like a guy who belonged. I'm not saying he is the QB of the future but he has earned playing time and should move up on the depth chart ahead of Hack-off. Hack looked like a deer in the headlights. No skill, no touch, no ability to see the whole field, and worse yet no football smarts or instinct. Time to cut bait on this guy and let Petty and McClown battle it out. I would much rather see Petty going forward than give Hack-off another shot. Guy just doesn't have it.

28 minutes ago, August said:

But with Sanchez we gave him 4 years and whether he had talent around him or not he was average at best. So it's easier to say we know what Sanchez is.

We don't need to and thankfully WILL NOT be giving Hack 4 years to figure a damn thing out about him. The sad part is his college career gave you everything you needed to know about him, and that is he was hardly a viable NFL prospect, was definitely not worthy of a 2nd round pick, and he will flame out of this league within 3 years, book it.

People who don't have their heads firmly lodged up their rectum could read the writing on the wall about Hack. The problem is our GM ain't one of those people.

As for Geno, I heard the news about Webb yesterday afternoon on WFAN, and if you saw Geno's brilliant performance vs the Steelers, you'd understand there's a good chance for Webb to overtake him. As for a "redshirt" season for Webb, please provide proof of this because I'm about 99.9% sure you pulled that out of the same place MacCagnan has his head firmly lodged. Why would the term redshirt be used by a team with a franchise QB who never misses time? In that case they were redshirting Nassib for 3-4 years lol... Just cause y'all ate up that redshirt BS the Jets put out there to hide that fact that the QB they just selected is a bust, don't go throwing that word around for your convenience. Unlike the Jets, actual football people run the Giants so I'm sure they're not 1) keeping 4 QBs around... 2) Ignore the development of their "maybe" QB of the future... 3) Try to play coy with their fanbase over a bad draft choice by coming up with some c0ck-a-mamy "redshirt" story...

At least when they were lying and covering things up to their fanbase 30 years ago, it was for the greatest defensive player who ever played the game. We do it for Christian Hackenberg lmao

49 minutes ago, August said:

Not true. Recently outside of Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton and Roethlisberger no quarterback can take average at best receivers and make them better. Like I said in another thread, Hackenberg probably sucks, but I'd want as little doubt as possible so if we move on we can at least say we gave him a solid oline, a few good tight ends and some receivers and he still looked like hot garbage. As opposed to little talent and wondering if not having guys that can at least bail him out and make plays for him is the difference. 

Exactly you're naming good QBs that make WRs better. That's what good QBs do. Thank you.

There is no garbage QB whose position is safe due to an elite WR. I guess you could *maybe* argue Dalton. So add Cam Newton to the above and it's 6-1 for my position.

37 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Eh. It shouldn't be an excuse but the Jets really do have nothing. I just don't understand how they knew they'd have a young QB situation and yet they go defense first 2 picks. They did the QBs ZERO favors. Unless this is their grand plan to tank, get their guy then go offense everything. But that's a nice little dream.

Jared Goff looked like crap last year. That didn't stop McVay from surrounding him with a TE and WR with his first two picks and going out to trade for Watkins. Its not rocket science. 

Geno sucked with Decker and Marshall. He just sucks. Hack couldn't even be exposed to garbage time snaps. He is a trainwreck of epic proportions.

Archived