Great Job NFL Network/Direct TV rant

Smashmouth

I live in Texas now and for the past 24 years so I looked on crappy ass DirectTV for when NFL Network would be re-running the Jets Detroit (since the money hungry bitches black it out on every channel available) game 1 AM Monday after they re played the freaking Cowboys and Colts game 20 times. So I wake up this morning to put the game on and at the beginning of the recording it showed the last 5 seconds of the San Francisco game then it showed the last 13 seconds of the Jets game after 17 minutes of commercials and that was it. The total incompetence of this network is staggering. Even during their live broadcasts the producers cant keep things in order abruptly breaking into commercials and cutting into some commercials and going back live when the Announcers arent even ready it just a comedy show. But its football so the sponsors probably over look the stupidity/

I have to keep this god forsaken Direct TV for NFL Sunday ticket and it makes me sick that I now have to call them and try to haggle down ridiculous pricing. A shame they are allowed to get away with this as every carrier should have access to these games not just allow Direct TV to have no competition and raise the price to insane levels. How do they get away with this ? Now that At*T owns them its getting worse.

I'm beginning to get sick of Direct TV and the NFL and sports in general. Certainly there are ways to make this more manageable for consumers and Fans but who ever thought the NFL gave a damn about the Fans ? They dont they only care about themselves and their sponsors. Disgusting.

The recording even says NYJ and Det.  Stupid crap.  NFL billionaires just trying to rake in every last penny out of us that they can.  I'm gonna sign up for the 7 day free trial so I can watch this week's games.  

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

The Programming is different in other areas in the country I did not have the Jets game at 11pm

I even added the sports package so so could get SNY.  In the month that I have had it, Jets nation has been on 1 time and all the live sports on all the channels are blacked out.  What a rip off.

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

The recording even says NYJ and Det.  Stupid crap.  NFL billionaires just trying to rake in every last penny out of us that they can.  I'm gonna sign up for the 7 day free trial so I can watch this week's games.  

I love my country but its getting to the point they let these scumbags sh*t all over us and nothing is said or done about it. The Billionaire owners in the NFL and all of sports are most of the problem. IMHO they are criminals who get exactly what they want by throwing money at everything shame what they are doing to this great country at just about every level. If you have insane amounts of Money you can get away with just about anything you want 

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I love my country but its getting to the point they let these scumbags sh*t all over us and nothing is said or done about it. The Billionaire owners in the NFL and all of sports are most of the problem. IMHO they are criminals who get exactly what they want by throwing money at everything shame what they are doing to this great country at just about every level. If you have insane amounts of Money you can get away with just about anything you want 

I agree with every word.  

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I have to keep this god forsaken Direct TV for NFL Sunday ticket and it makes me sick that I now have to call them and try to haggle down ridiculous pricing. A shame they are allowed to get away with this as every carrier should have access to these games not just allow Direct TV to have no competition and raise the price to insane levels. How do they get away with this ? Now that At*T owns them its getting worse.

No you don't.  I was paying DirecTV almost $170.00 per month.  I cancelled them (no easy feat since they keep you on the phone forever) and got the International version of Game Pass.  For a flat rate of 170 Euros (you can pay through PayPal) I get access to live games and all features including Red Zone.  No nickel and diming.  You do need a VPN, which you should have anyway, and sign into a server in a country that offers Game Pass (I use the Netherlands). I pay less than $40.00 a year for my VPN and can use it on 5 devices  You can use a computer, phone, tablet or any streaming device so long as the VPN is on that piece of hardware.  I use an old MacBook Pro that I keep as mostly a music server.  Works great.  

2 hours ago, Pcola said:

I even added the sports package so so could get SNY.  In the month that I have had it, Jets nation has been on 1 time and all the live sports on all the channels are blacked out.  What a rip off.

Yeah, i fell for that sh*t a few years ago.  All live games are blacked out.  got my $$$$ back.

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I live in Texas now and for the past 24 years so I looked on crappy ass DirectTV for when NFL Network would be re-running the Jets Detroit (since the money hungry bitches black it out on every channel available) game 1 AM Monday after they re played the freaking Cowboys and Colts game 20 times. So I wake up this morning to put the game on and at the beginning of the recording it showed the last 5 seconds of the San Francisco game then it showed the last 13 seconds of the Jets game after 17 minutes of commercials and that was it. The total incompetence of this network is staggering. Even during their live broadcasts the producers cant keep things in order abruptly breaking into commercials and cutting into some commercials and going back live when the Announcers arent even ready it just a comedy show. But its football so the sponsors probably over look the stupidity/

I'm beginning to get sick of Direct TV and the NFL and sports in general. Certainly there are ways to make this more manageable for consumers and Fans but who ever thought the NFL gave a damn about the Fans ? They dont they only care about themselves and their sponsors. Disgusting.

If you can convince someone you in college you may be able to get it on a Roku or Smart TV,

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

There so many ways to get Sunday ticket without actually getting directtv . I suggest u dig a little deeper .. 

There are. However I still haven't encountered anyone with a stream that's as good the live TV feed. Choppiness, lags etc.

GamePass is the way to go if you want to see the games Live or have 24/7 access to all preseason games via replay.  It's also free if you're a season ticket holder.  Otherwise, if you can stomach waiting 12-24 hours after the game is played then DVR the replay on NFL Network as was stated above.  That's definitely the easiest option.

For DirecTV, I'm actually impressed with the deal I'm getting now as an AT&T wireless customer.  If you have unlimited data through AT&T you get a $25 credit on DirecTV as well as free HBO ($17/month value).  You can also get a $10 statement credit for paperless billing.  And, as always, you can often negotiate NFL Sunday Ticket lower or get some other freebies if you call and politely but persistently complain and negotiate.

I think if you plan carefully you can find ways to watch what you want for low $.  I don't like to overpay for anything but I do think it's fair for companies providing these services to make money.

15 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Agreed. Stayed up to do the autopsy of the corpse that is the 2017 Jets to endure 20 minutes of repeating commercials before cutting to a different game.

Huge FAIL for NFL Network.  It's like they popped in the VHS and went home for the night. I was awaiting a scrolling message saying we  F*^k'd  up with an apology letting us know when we could watch the game.  Instead, 20 minutes of repeating commercials and a different game.  Disgusting is being kind.

Archived