Mauldin on roster BUBBLE -- Then so should GM Macc

Paradis

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Because of the Idzick fan debacle, Mac came in at a tough spot.

Was kind of forced to spend a lot of money on FAs, thus setting a team that was no where near ready to compete back 2 years. Did he want to do that? Or was it a Woody thing?  We'll probably never know.

So he's really just starting now.  And his drafting has been ok, and some nice udfa finds

ME: (drooling, half-asleep, I look like one of the War Boys because I've been huffing spray paint all day): Maccagnan's had three full offseasons and he's put together the worst roster in the league

YOU (so intelligent you have transcended this plane of existence): lol have you ever even heard of Jalen Saunders

As a Mac supporter, I have to agree with the OP. His drafts have been well below average. He took some players that shouldn't have picked for another 2-3 rounds. 

Everyone thinks Bowles and Mac will stick around after this season. I simply cannot come up with one good reason why they do NOT get canned. 3 years and we have nothing to build around besides the DLINE. 

The BOOOOOO birds will come out when we only have 2 touchdowns in the first 5 weeks and someone needs to get blamed. 

59 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Because of the Idzick fan debacle, Mac came in at a tough spot.

Was kind of forced to spend a lot of money on FAs, thus setting a team that was no where near ready to compete back 2 years. Did he want to do that? Or was it a Woody thing?  We'll probably never know.

So he's really just starting now.  And his drafting has been ok, and some nice udfa finds

This is like in elementary school when they taught us Columbus was a kindly Italian who sailed to America and sat down to eat maize and turkey with super-happy Indians at the first Thanksgiving.

48 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

ME: (drooling, half-asleep, I look like one of the War Boys because I've been huffing spray paint all day): Maccagnan's had three full offseasons and he's put together the worst roster in the league

YOU (so intelligent you have transcended this plane of existence): lol have you ever even heard of Jalen Saunders

??????????

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

What the hell has this GM done for this team? Can someone point to ANY kind of success? 

Why would we trust this guy with next year's crown jewel? 

Why? 

So if some ass of a media guy guesses that a 3rd round pick might be on the bubble, you would fire the GM.

lol, makes perfect sense.  

Simple question: Why would you trust Macc to handle next year's draft? 

Make no mistake, 2018 is it. We've pilfered the roster of Vets, we're straight tanking, the draft's loaded with QB talent -- THIS IS IT.. can't fck it up. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Make no mistake, 2018 is it. We've pilfered the roster of Vets, we're straight tanking, the draft's loaded with QB talent -- THIS IS IT.. can't fck it up. 

He could draft Darnold or whoever is the chosen one in the next draft and if he doesn't prove worthy this fansbase would scream to fire him for picking the guy they wanted.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

So if some ass of a media guy guesses that a 3rd round pick might be on the bubble, you would fire the GM.

lol, makes perfect sense.  

Why wouldn't I believe him? wtf has mauldin done after 2 seasons? I can remember yelling his name is excitement zero times. 

Just now, Paradis said:

Why wouldn't I believe him? wtf has mauldin done after 2 seasons? I can remember yelling his name is excitement zero times. 

Because someone like you is calling for his head because a beat reporter thinks Mauldin is on the bubble and that got people's panties twisted.  

5 sacks one years, injured the next? But hey, you remember yelling his name.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

He could draft Darnold or whoever is the chosen one in the next draft and if he doesn't prove worthy this fansbase would scream to fire him for picking the guy they wanted.

Why are we the worst right now? 

Darnold could "fall" into his lap much the way Williams or Adams has -- meanwhile everything sucks. 

Just now, Paradis said:

Why are we the worst right now? 

Darnold could "fall" into his lap much the way Williams or Adams has -- meanwhile everything sucks. 

You're really asking this question?  Think it might be that Macc has gutted the roster to rebuild?  You know like fans wanted him to do.  

Youre the kind of fan who bitches and moans about a 3 round pick who MAY get cut and bitxhes that the good picks he's made were luck.  They fell in his lap, like Leo did with Wash who passed.  So easy to complain about the draft when you give no credit for good players picked and moan about the ones who haven't developed

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You're really asking this question?  Think it might be that Macc has gutted the roster to rebuild?  You know like fans wanted him to do.  

Youre the kind of fan who bitches and moans about a 3 round pick who MAY get cut and bitxhes that the good picks he's made were luck.  They fell in his lap, like Leo did with Wash who passed.  So easy to complain about the draft when you give no credit for good players picked and moan about the ones who haven't developed

Please list all of the "good players picked" by this regime

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Please list all of the "good players picked" by this regime

Tell you what, the draft list is easy to find.  I know it's easier to just moan about all the picks someone else reads to you 

I have been a Mac supporter but I think the Jury is just about in. He owns this roster and it's a travesty except for a few defensive players. If some of these kids don't show some real talent this year, then he should be gone. It could be another clean sweep.

Is that the sh*t you spin at work? Is that how you approach your job... no accountability, no ownership. Everything is someone else's fault or "not that bad"... horrible.

The team is the sh*tter, in part (and largely) because he's been unable to rebuild the roster and find a QB.

HE NEEDS TO OWN THAT... That's his fcking job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The roster is crap and its on Mac, no one else.  Even if we tank for a top QB...we have no top-flight receivers and he's allowed the offensive line to atrophy into a less-than-mediocre mess.  Even Sanchez had a top five Oline and solid receivers in Braylon and Holmes.  Everyone thinking we can just be a bottom dwelling dreg this year and suddenly draft a QB and be in the playoff hunt for the next ten years is sadly mistaken.

6 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

I have been a Mac supporter but I think the Jury is just about in. He owns this roster and it's a travesty except for a few defensive players. If some of these kids don't show some real talent this year, then he should be gone. It could be another clean sweep.

Some of you are acting like being bad this year isn't part of the plan. There have been numerous threads about this team clearly intending to tank for a top pick next year. Then you guys watch this team look crappy you act like shocked and demand Macc's firing.  

1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

The roster is crap and its on Mac, no one else.  Even if we tank for a top QB...we have no top-flight receivers and he's allowed the offensive line to atrophy into a less-than-mediocre mess.  Even Sanchez had a top five Oline and solid receivers in Braylon and Holmes.  Everyone thinking we can just be a bottom dwelling dreg this year and suddenly draft a QB and be in the playoff hunt for the next ten years is sadly mistaken.

You think we cut Decker because the goal this year was to put a really good team on the field? Honestly, all the signs pointed to a bad year and rebuild. Then when some of you guys finally wake up to the reality,  you act stunned that this roster isn't good enough to win this year. It's comical to see you guys finally come to the realization many of us came to months ago. Sam Darnold is the answer and the only way to get there is to be bad.  

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

I thought Mac's worst move was passing on Paxton Lynch.  Having seen Lynch recently, it turns out he he may have been right.

Paradis still thinks Lynch is a future HOF QB and it's not Paxton's fault he's stuck behind the GREAT Trevor Semien. In Paradis' mind it's like when Rodgers was stuck behind Favre.  

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You think we cut Decker because the goal this year was to put a really good team on the field? Honestly, all the signs pointed to a bad year and rebuild. Then when some of you guys finally wake up to the reality,  you act stunned that this roster isn't good enough to win this year. It's comical to see you guys finally come to the realization many of us came to months ago. Sam Darnold is the answer and the only way to get there is to be bad.  

Gotcha. Andrew Luck says hi.

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Is that the sh*t you spin at work? Is that how you approach your job... no accountability, no ownership. Everything is someone else's fault or "not that bad"... horrible.

The team is the sh*tter, in part (and largely) because he's been unable to rebuild the roster and find a QB.

Spin?  You pick out a 3 rd round pick who may be on the bubble and think the GMs head should roll.

Yeah, he should own it, because he thrilled Mauldin has underperformed 

45 minutes ago, Paradis said:

oh ye of little faith, we CAN screw this up....

Something about going safety / safety when knowing full well there is no QB on the roster that can help this team over the next 3-5 years has raised my suspicions regarding the level of the GMs football intellect.

And this whole b/s thing about Williams being so friggin great, first of all he is very good not great and please remind me when was the last time a DT carried his team through the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Thoughts? Since your hate for Macc stems from his decision to pass on Lynch. 

Trevor Siemian - QB - Broncos

The Broncos have named Trevor Siemian their starting quarterback.

As expected. Siemian has outplayed 2016 first-round pick Paxton Lynch since the day Lynch was drafted, and Lynch made no tangible progress in his second NFL training camp. 

Paradis still thinks Lynch is a future HOF QB and it's not Paxton's fault he's stuck behind the GREAT Trevor Semien. In Paradis' mind it's like when Rodgers was stuck behind Favre.  

In JoJo's mind Geno is still the answer to the Jets.

You know who else thought Lynch had a future? John Elway. Guess he sucks hey

Thoughts? Since your hate for Macc stems from his decision to pass on Lynch. 
Trevor Siemian - QB - Broncos
The Broncos have named Trevor Siemian their starting quarterback.
As expected. Siemian has outplayed 2016 first-round pick Paxton Lynch since the day Lynch was drafted, and Lynch made no tangible progress in his second NFL training camp. 

That's where my hate stems?!? Shame on you for not sharing your drugs

By the way, you can just PM me your scarlet letters. No one else here cares that much about my personal preferences

Just now, Paradis said:

In JoJo's mind Geno is still the answer to the Jets.

You know who else thought Lynch had a future? John Elway. What's you're point.

WTF does Geno have to do with any of this?  Is it the great fallback?

And guess what?  John Elway was wrong.  Big time given the traded up.  Because Elway was wrong you're right?  

WTF does Geno have to do with any of this?  Is it the great fallback?
And guess what?  John Elway was wrong.  Big time given the traded up.  Because Elway was wrong you're right?  

Exactly, wtf does any of this have to do with the Jets in 2017 Jet Nut.

Nothing.

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I wanted Lynch too, but that was when I thought Gailey might be hanging around to work with him.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Exactly, wtf does any of this have to do with the Jets in 2017 Jet Nut.

Nothing.

You can't spend a year bashing a guy for passing on Lynch and then act as if it never happened and hide behind "well, Elway liked him also!"

You have to evaluate all of Maccs draft picks and not focus in on Mauldin. There are guys like Adams/Mayes/Lee/Williams/Anderson/Leggett etc that need to factored in (good or bad). To do that evaluation based on Mauldin and week 2 of the preseason is flat out ignorant. 

You can't spend a year bashing a guy for passing on Lynch and then act as if it never happened and hide behind "well, Elway liked him also!"
You have to evaluate all of Maccs draft picks and not focus in on Mauldin. There are guys like Adams/Mayes/Lee/Williams/Anderson/Leggett etc that need to factored in (good or bad). To do that evaluation based on Mauldin and week 2 of the preseason is flat out ignorant. 

Passing on Lynch for Lee was dumb. Am I disappointed that Lynch hasn't turned the corner - sure. As are many I'm sure. We also passed on Mahomes and Watson. And Dak etc etc.

Our roster is the worst in the league. Who's plate does that fall on, Jet Nut. Whose job is it to manage the team.

Who?

Archived