The NY Jets do not have an offense

Dcronin

We are going into this season literally with zero players on one whole side of the line. This is staggering.

This is something worse than a tank. It's a real slap in the face to fans who want to watch football on Sundays. It's also a slap in the face to young players putting their bodies on the line for an 0-16 team. I just can't for the life of me believe what we are seeing. It seems unprecedented.

I am very much a "Preseason is practice" guy, but that last game showed me something so abysmal it can't be unseen. Hackenberg, well we'll give him another few shots, with better protection, but he is at this point barely showing the competency to be a 3rd stringer in the NFL. It's possible that football should not be his job.

DC

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

We've known this for months.  There's no use complaining about it.  

Ride out the next 4 months and then be extremely excited we have the 1st overall pick and 90mil in cap space.

We could overhaul our entire offense next season. 

If Hacken shows nothing...

- Draft our QB, LT, with two first picks, and best offensive weapon available in round 3.

- Beef up Oline in free agency as much as possible where needed. 

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

We could overhaul our entire offense next season. 

If Hacken shows nothing...

- Draft our QB, LT, with two first picks, and best offensive weapon available in round 3.

- Beef up Oline in free agency as much as possible where needed. 

Exactly.  We're gonna go from the worst team in the league (in a very long time).  To a potential playoff contender if a rookie QB can play halfway decent. 

The only way this season goes bad is if McCown wins football games.  That would only ensure more wasted seasons w/o a QB.

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Exactly.  We're gonna go from the worst team in the league (in a very long time).  To a potential playoff contender if a rookie QB can play halfway decent. 

The only way this season goes bad is if McCown wins football games.  That would only ensure more wasted seasons w/o a QB.

Thats the only thing that scares me. Jacksonsville is not much better than us. Cleveland is improved on paper but they may also still be in the top pick range, along with SF.

Its gonna take about 2 wins to secure that top pick. If we're winning games BECAUSE of Hack or Petty. I'll be happy. If we end up 6-10 with McCown starting all year....that would be an absolute nightmare.

Extra, extra!!!  Read all about it!!  The Jets have no offense!!!

Seriously now, this is a good thing DC.  It sets the franchise up to finally end this decades long reign of dogsh*t to mediocre QB play. (a hanndful of single season exceptions notwithstanding)

Do something else with some of your Fall Sundays. I will be fishing.  This season's team is not worth the time or emotional investment.  They are going 2-14.

BTW, Robby has a high ceiling... but he is the only offensive skill player that does.

29 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Thats the only thing that scares me. Jacksonsville is not much better than us. Cleveland is improved on paper but they may also still be in the top pick range, along with SF.

Its gonna take about 2 wins to secure that top pick. If we're winning games BECAUSE of Hack or Petty. I'll be happy. If we end up 6-10 with McCown starting all year....that would be an absolute nightmare.

There's 3 top QBs that are pretty interchangeable at this point.  Why worry about the very top pick other tha. You get first dibs 

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Seriously now, this is a good thing DC.  It sets the franchise up to finally end this decades long reign of dogsh*t to mediocre QB play. (a hanndful of single season exceptions notwithstanding)

Do something else with some of your Fall Sundays. I will be fishing.  This season's team is not worth the time or emotional investment.  They are going 2-14.

I suggest to any fan that can take this season for what it is...practice and experience for our young players. If you can detatch win/loss expectation and just see who is worth keeping and who isn't, like a glorified 4 month training camp...then it will all be less painful. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There's 3 top QBs that are pretty interchangeable at this point.  Why worry about the very top pick other tha. You get first dibs 

I think that Darnold is and will prove to be a level above Rosen and Allen. I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with the other two. 

I just feel Darnold is going to be something else. 

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

I think that Darnold is and will prove to be a level above Rosen and Allen. I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with the other two. 

I just feel Darnold is going to be something else. 

Darnold could win the job at his college and played all of 9 games.  I'll be sold when he plays a whole schedule without a drop off.  I've seen too many, think Watson, who was everyone's golden child, guaranteed number 1 pick slide in the last season.  Just think we'll be in good shape, don't know what you lose with a Rose, soma lalready have him at 1 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Darnold could win the job at his college and played all of 9 games.  I'll be sold when he plays a whole schedule without a drop off.  I've seen too many, think Watson, who was everyone's golden child, guaranteed number 1 pick slide in the last season.  Just think we'll be in good shape, don't know what you lose with a Rose, soma lalready have him at 1 

I think the Rose Bowl was very eye opening, the way Darbold carried his entire team in a big game, with clutch plays. 

But, yeah this whole season will be interesting to see how they all fair. I realy like Rosen's mechanics and throwing motion. They are near flawless. Darnold's is somewhat unorthodox. 

Allen is a freak of nature. Philip Rivers with scrambling ability. His level of competition is the issue, even though it didn't stop Philly from drafting Wentz.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think the Rose Bowl was very eye opening, the way Darbold carried his entire team in a big game, with clutch plays. 

But, yeah this whole season will be interesting to see how they all fair. I realy like Rosen's mechanics and throwing motion. They are near flawless. Darnold's is somewhat unorthodox. 

Allen is a freak of nature. Philip Rivers with scrambling ability. His level of competition is the issue, even though it didn't stop Philly from drafting Wentz.

Agree about Rosen. Darnold might be the most polished today and Jones the most effortless thrower of the group.  Will be interesting

No, no, we have an offense. Just an incredibly inept one.

We all knew this team wasn't looking great this year, particularly the O, just take whatever positives you can from flashes and make of it what you will. This is a rebuild year 1, it is what it is.

3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Ride out the next 4 months and then be extremely excited we have the 1st overall pick and 90mil in cap space.

Agreed, but only if these morons are gone by January so we can bring in someone with a football brain to spend that money wisely.

As long as we don't spend 90 million on high priced free agents, I'll be happy.  I don't want a repeat of 2014-2015.

Keep building through the draft, prioritize signing our own young players (Enunwa), push the money into the future.  We could probably spend our way into a low tier playoff team and then have the same implosion that took place bc the foundations are bad.

4 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Of course there is use in complaining about it! I get great advice like this!

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

BTW, Robby has a high ceiling... but he is the only offensive skill player that does.

I really wonder if I could lose the NFL package this season, or at least try to, then get a discount from DirecTV

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think 1 win is our ceiling.

5 hours ago, RoadFan said:

2-14??? Name two teams that the Jets may actually beat this season... I'm just hoping that young players get better and show some promise

6 hours ago, Dcronin said:

We are going into this season literally with zero players on one whole side of the line. This is staggering.

This is something worse than a tank. It's a real slap in the face to fans who want to watch football on Sundays. It's also a slap in the face to young players putting their bodies on the line for an 0-16 team. I just can't for the life of me believe what we are seeing. It seems unprecedented.

I am very much a "Preseason is practice" guy, but that last game showed me something so abysmal it can't be unseen. Hackenberg, well we'll give him another few shots, with better protection, but he is at this point barely showing the competency to be a 3rd stringer in the NFL. It's possible that football should not be his job.

DC

I agree. The Jets offense this year will be like that accident you see on the side of the road where the scene is horrendous yet you can't look away for some reason

17 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

2-14??? Name two teams that the Jets may actually beat this season... I'm just hoping that young players get better and show some promise

The Jets might beat one of the weaker teams early in the season, maybe a divisional game vs. the Bills or Dolphins, the last possibility is a late December home game vs. the Chargers.

They'll find two wins somewhere in the above mix. 

Archived