8/22----------Camp Tweets

flgreen

42 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That's not how it works. They rail against the grain, because our fans gobble it up... if our fans aren't irate, anxious and disgusted, then they aren't tuning in. It's ******* sad.

As Ozzy states in Crazy Train - the media sells it and you live the role.  You being the SOJF.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Man this is going to be even more disappointing to everyone when the Jets don't land a franchise QB, and the guy they do pick will suck balls when they don't get that 1st pick setting the Jets back 5 more years, way to many of us are pinning our hopes on a ******* unicorn it's sad.

So this season hasn't even started yet and your already moaning about next season :lol:

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

As Ozzy states in Crazy Train - the media sells it and you live the role.  You being the SOJF.

True, but I think that the true pearl of wisdom in that song is when he says "AYE AYE AYE AYE". Obviously.

49 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That's not how it works. They rail against the grain, because our fans gobble it up... if our fans aren't irate, anxious and disgusted, then they aren't tuning in. It's ******* sad.

The team isn't pushing youth, they're pushing their god awful second round pick out there despite the fact that he's shown zero ability to be a starting player in the NFL. If they were doing it as a competition where you give the younger players a handicap, Petty would be starting, but that's not this. What Bowles and Macc are doing right now is committing professional suicide. 

If you arrived from outer space and landed at today's Jets practice, you'd draw this conclusion about their quarterback situation: They have no clue as to who will start. Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty split the first-team reps, with presumptive starter Josh McCown barely getting on the field. This looks like a Hackenberg vs. Petty day. Enough experimenting; it's time to settle on a lineup.

ch Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

lol. I kind of love how upset aggravated he is. 

31 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

No the alternate was to draft Pat Mahomes, next year it's Darnold, or bust he is the only unicorn in next years draft, and your gonna need number 1 overall to get him!

Mahomes was a unicorn; not so sure about Darnold yet.  Other than the fact he plays to USC, I can't think of anything Darnold does as well as or better than Mahomes.

1 minute ago, legler82 said:

Mahomes was a unicorn; not so sure about Darnold yet.  Other than the fact he plays to USC, I can't think of anything Darnold does as well as or better than Mahomes.

Darnold is different, but like Mahomes he has "IT"

1 hour ago, KRL said:

So now people complain because the 38 year old "placeholder QB" isn't getting reps???

It's only a weird and bizarre practice to these guys because it's going against their prediction since day 1 of McCown starting the season. And now they're a little worried.  

The simple solution is don't click any other their (manish, conner, cimini, Costello) daily click bait media. They keep retweeting nonsense because fans click and then get agitated. What have any of these reporters ever told you that you cant find here?

7 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

It's only a weird and bizarre practice to these guys because it's going against their prediction since day 1 of McCown starting the season. And now they're a little worried.  

Youd think the fans that believe that Jets are secretly doing smart things would be the ones worrying about this.

14 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Mason Rudolph looks just as good as Mahomes.  His playing style reminds me a lot of rapistburger.   

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

If the coach says nothing at all about the Qb situation

And if the team has some early weird practice alottment

Then people will speculate on all sorts of things.

And then all the fans who insist that one of the kids should start over McCown fall off their chairs when the kids get more snaps in a practice.  Can you imagine?  It's a bizarre schedule and competition.  Jets fans can't figure out what they want

25 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

If you arrived from outer space and landed at today's Jets practice, you'd draw this conclusion about their quarterback situation: They have no clue as to who will start. Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty split the first-team reps, with presumptive starter Josh McCown barely getting on the field. This looks like a Hackenberg vs. Petty day. Enough experimenting; it's time to settle on a lineup.

ch Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

lol. I kind of love how upset aggravated he is. 

LOL..I love it..So because Hughes doesn't understand, it's weird..Bowles said all three would get their chances and reps will basically even out..So now it appears that is happening and now the media, who were criticizing earlier that it didn't appear to be an open competition, are confused / whining..LOL

Connor Hughes‏ @Connor_J_Hughes  

Practice is over. I'm sure Todd will tell us what's going on. #jets

This is among the weirdest practices I've covered. I have no idea what the Jets' coaching staff is doing

21 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Pretty much everything he does is better than Mahomes.  Next year if Mahomes was in the draft he's a mid round pick. 

12 minutes ago, C Mart said:

LOL..I love it..So because Hughes doesn't understand, it's weird..

Connor Hughes‏ @Connor_J_Hughes  

Practice is over. I'm sure Todd will tell us what's going on. #jets

This is among the weirdest practices I've covered. I have no idea what the Jets' coaching staff is doing

Conner had no issue when Petty and McCown got most of the snaps.  Change the names and he shlts himself.  

After months of Cimini calling McCown, today included, the presumptive starter he's questioning what the jets are doing when a single practice doesn't fit his line of BS

Theyre more worried about their predictions than reporting facts. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Conner had no issue when Petty and McCown got most of the snaps.  Change the names and he shots himself.  

After months of Cimini calling McCown, today include, the presumptive starter he's questioning what the jets are doing. 

Theyre more worried about their predictions than reporting facts. 

agree..I just added to my post..They writers are clowns

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The team isn't pushing youth, they're pushing their god awful second round pick out there despite the fact that he's shown zero ability to be a starting player in the NFL. If they were doing it as a competition where you give the younger players a handicap, Petty would be starting, but that's not this. What Bowles and Macc are doing right now is committing professional suicide. 

NFL suicide is more like it after this fiasco neither one will ever land another job in professional football. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Tweet: Bowles is having his quarterbacks throw with their opposite hands while wearing blindfolds, leading to deaths of two bystanders.

Jets fans: This is how you learn the game. Try watching some football SOJF

What a precipitous fall from The Indianapolis. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I have no issue with the younger guys getting majority of the reps. No one should, honestly. What's going to drive me crazy is when McCown gets named the starter. 

I don't see anything wrong with the young guys getting 1st string reps either..................If it was done from the beginning.  Up until a few days ago McCown was the only one getting 1st string reps....Now a reversal for some reason.    LOL Weird stuff

1 hour ago, Hael said:

I think this might be the case of giving Petty a chance to keep a roster spot.  I suspect he's on the bubble and they want to take a hard look at him.

Petty is much further along in his development than Hack.  With McCown's fragility coupled with our OLs lack of pass protection, if Macc cuts Petty, he won't survive the season.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much everything he does is better than Mahomes.  Next year if Mahomes was in the draft he's a mid round pick. 

He's an air raid, gimmick QB.  His easy schedule doesn't change that Nothing he does is better than Darnold or the rest.

if came out a year from now he would never go on the first.  Your franchise QB, would fall into that 3-4 round QB that he is

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He's an air raid, gimmick QB.  His easy schedule doesn't change that Nothing he does is better than Darnold or the rest.

if came out a year from now he would never go on the first.  Your franchise QB, would fall into that 3-4 round QB that he is

Goff was a air raid gimmick QB with much less talent physically then Mahomes, but he goes #1 overall the year before, and he is starting to look good by the way also.  You either can ball, or you can't, and Mahomes can ball, and everyone saw it come draft time, and the same would happen next year, and he would go top 10 all over again, get over it.

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Goff was a air raid gimmick QB with much less talent physically then Mahomes, but he goes #1 overall the year before, and he is starting to look good by the way also.  You either can ball, or you can't, and Mahomes can ball, and everyone saw it come draft time, and the same would happen next year, and he would go top 10 all over again, get over it.

No one has ever compared Mahes to Goff. He's not as good as Goff.  Mahomes hasn't come close to proving he can ball.  He's played against not one team that's scemed against him or one team that's even looked at film on him before a game.

Again. There isn't a chance in a QB class like next season with 10 or so QBs rated above him and he goes in the first, never mind top 10.   

And back to the original point that you ignored, what does do better than Darnold.  Rosen.  Jones.  

Nothing

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

No one has ever compared Mahes to Goff.  Mahoney hasn't come close to proving he can ball.  He's played against not one team that's sced against him or one team that's even looked at film on him before a game.

Again. There isn't a chance in a QB class like next season with 10 or so QBs rated above him he goes in the first, never mind top 10.   

Don't worry you will get your first hand look in  December when the Chiefs roll into town.

Archived