Who will be announced as the Jets Game 1 Starting QB?

Sarge4Tide

Starting QB?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who WILL Bowles name as the Game 1 starting QB for the Jets?

• Josh McCown
    • Christian Hackenberg
    • Bryce Petty
  2. 2. Who SHOULD Bowles name as the Game 1 starting QB for the Jets?

• Josh McCown
    • Christian Hackenberg
    • Bryce Petty

Clearly McCown will be announced as the starter. There should be no debate on that and anybody voting otherwise is delusional.

As far as should? Honestly, probably McCown. Look, we're gonna stink either way. I'd rather watch a team that looks like a real NFL squad than watch Hackenberg go three and out and complete 25% of his passes. The guy isn't a real option, he cannot be started. Petty has no real future in this league.

I understand the crowd that wants to start the young guys -- logically that's obviously the smarter move. But I think that crowd underestimates how bad Hackenberg is and needs to realize none of these guys have a future on this team or in the NFL. Frankly, having McCown in there is important because it helps the OTHER offensive players develop. The young lineman, the young receivers, the young TEs. With Hackenberg nobody gets better because the guy is hopeless.

it's time for a hack attack.  the way things are going hack is going to have zero confidence going into the regular season if they start playing games with who the starter is going to be.  as much as he got the start on saturday it still wasn't behind the starting oline.  there was too much rotation for the team to get into any type of rhythm.  this wouldn't be the case on a real game day.  this is not to say hack is 100% ready but in my book he has to show he wants the job.  if he is at all passive about it he shouldn't start.  none of these guy went through all the practices and games they played throughout their lives to fold when they have the greatest chance of their lifetimes.  the jets will find out soon enough if they need to draft another qb. they'll find out less if hack is only put in with games out of reach or with losing already ordained.

I was going to say McCown ... but I wonder if something has happened that caused the change of plan for the Detroit game, the gagging order about talking to the media, and his lack of reps in practice. Is he injured and the team are keeping it under wraps??

3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I was going to say McCown ... but I wonder if something has happened that caused the change of plan for the Detroit game, the gagging order about talking to the media, and his lack of reps in practice. Is he injured and the team are keeping it under wraps??

what is going on is very odd even for this team.

Young teams are playing behind the 8 ball in this new NFL because the lack of practice time. The NFLPA is ruining the high level of play the NFL use to display. Now, you sit through a million commercials, penalties & turnovers are astronomical. I can't remember seeing so many wide open drops by WRs. I have no idea what Macc is doing with this Oline (one of the most important groups if your going to have any success!).

Look at the Patriots. As soon as they brought back Dante Scarnecchia as their Oline coach they win another Super Bowl. Dallas success happened after they built that great Oline.

A lot of the success of the 2009-2010 Jets was because of that great Oline. I don't care who you have at QB, if you have a Swiss cheese weak Oline your not winning sh*t! See Andrew Luck (who Jet fans would love to have as their QB).

Doesn't matter who's starting. The Jets have aboslutely nothing on offense and will be lucky to win one game this year. 

Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam Suck for Sam 

Archived