is maneesh brain dead?

rangerous

i know there have been lots of arguments about the merits of keeping snacks over wilk last season.  much as snacks was a really good player for the jets the jets were able to replace him last season and the new guy simon looks like he's a keeper.  wilk?  given his performance last season, he was grossly overpaid but that was then and this is now.  he comes back strong and he will be worth it.

maneesh?  why does the moron think think it's news to trample over the same ground.  where's richard todd when you need him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-made-blunder-signing-mo-wilkerson-damon-harrison-article-1.3435588?utm_content=buffer106e5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i know there have been lots of arguments about the merits of keeping snacks over wilk last season.  much as snacks was a really good player for the jets the jets were able to replace him last season and the new guy simon looks like he's a keeper.  wilk?  given his performance last season, he was grossly overpaid but that was then and this is now.  he comes back strong and he will be worth it.

maneesh?  why does the moron think think it's news to trample over the same ground.  where's richard todd when you need him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-made-blunder-signing-mo-wilkerson-damon-harrison-article-1.3435588?utm_content=buffer106e5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

Honestly he is right, AND the Jets tried to do what the Giants did sign both Vernon, and Harrison, and then pull the franchise tag off Wilk, but the Giants out bid them for Vernon last minute.

I also did not read the article, I assume it's what the OP says.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/03/jets_were_serious_players_for_olivier_vernon_per_r.amp

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Honestly he is right, AND the Jets tried to do what the Giants did sign both Vernon, and Harrison, and then pull the franchise tag off Wilk, but the Giants out bid them for Vernon last minute.

I also did not read the article, I assume it's what the OP says.

I agree, I know it's popular to hate Manish and to be honest this article is a little ridiculous given the timing.  But the move should've been to re-sign Harrison and flip Wilkerson.  In fact one of Macc's bigger blunders to me has been his inability to move Sheldon or Mo Wilk once we drafted Leo

I find it hilarious that Mo Wilk is parading around pretending to be a leader this year. The D-line doing wind sprints (if you can even call it that) on the sideline during the first pre-season game was a joke.

In lieu of wind sprints, how about you show up to work and tackle the quarterback behind the line of scrimmage for a change.

6 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I agree, I know it's popular to hate Manish and to be honest this article is a little ridiculous given the timing.  But the move should've been to re-sign Harrison and flip Wilkerson.  In fact one of Macc's bigger blunders to me has been his inability to move Sheldon or Mo Wilk once we drafted Leo

Everyone forgets Wilkerson suffered a broken leg in the 2015-2016 season finale. Last year he was a shell of what he was the year prior. Playing the Dline a lot of your power and leverage comes from leg drive . I'll give Mo the benefit of the doubt - last year was basically a rehab season or to use a phrase so beloved in these parts a medical redshirt.

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Everyone forgets Wilkerson suffered a broken leg in the 2015-2016 season finale. Last year he was a shell of what he was the year prior. Playing the Dline a lot of your power and leverage comes from leg drive . I'll give Mo the benefit of the doubt - last year was basically a rehab season or to use a phrase so beloved in these parts a medical redshirt.

That still reflects on the GM who gave him the monster deal coming off a broken leg.  One way or another we did not get value at all and not only the leg he had issues making it to meetings and such.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That still reflects on the GM who gave him the monster deal coming off a broken leg.  One way or another we did not get value at all and not only the leg he had issues making it to meetings and such.

Excuses aside - last year he did not live up to his contract. As far as the missing meetings go - I place a lot of the blame on Bowles , he has to be in charge and willing to dole out punishment for player mis-actions - sitting out a few plays or quarter is laughable.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

This. He's been running a really ugly smear campaign against him for a year now.

While absolutely true, he became 100% expendable the moment Leo was drafted, with Sheldon under team control for at least 2 more seasons (not counting franchise tagging). We didn't extend Mo, or lose Harrison, until the following season.

Snacks certainly wasn't $9m per back then, and the amount is that much less significant when one considers we wouldn't have had to sign McLendon at $3m per. The net added cost of Harrison (over McLendon) was probably closer to $3m per.

From there, subtract the $17m per we didn't need to spend on Mo, and the draft pick he would have yielded in trade (even if it wasn't a 1st rounder). It's also not a good look for the guy to behave the way he reportedly did once he got his guaranteed contract.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

While absolutely true, he became 100% expendable the moment Leo was drafted, with Sheldon under team control for at least 2 more seasons (not counting franchise tagging). We didn't extend Mo, or lose Harrison, until the following season.

Snacks certainly wasn't $9m per back then, and the amount is that much less significant when one considers we wouldn't have had to sign McLendon at $3m per. The net added cost of Harrison (over McLendon) was probably closer to $3m per.

From there, subtract the $17m per we didn't need to spend on Mo, and the draft pick he would have yielded in trade (even if it wasn't a 1st rounder). It's also not a good look for the guy to behave the way he reportedly did once he got his guaranteed contract.

O. M. Gee. You're Manish. After all these years, I never put it together... but it's true. You're him. YOU"RE HIM!!! 1! !c !!!

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Poor strategy and lack of foresight:

Even if kept, we were better off just franchise tagging him twice - a situation we already had - to keep him playing his hardest every year.

Coming off such a late, significant injury to close out '15, one shouldn't have figured him to have an even better season in 2016. 

Still further, had he continued to hold out all summer and got a later start, it would typically mean he'd be off to an even worse start still in '16 even without the prior injury. Therefore his long-term price per season should have been lower (or at worst, not noticeably higher) a year later after coming off a down season, with so many good DE-DT types scheduled to come out of college (just like he's targeting a QB next year). Thing is, even if Mo did have another pro bowl season in 2016 without tying him up, then just tag him again if he's still unable to trade him for the top offer.

I used to think Maccagnan was more of a checkers player than chess player. Now I think his game more along the lines of Chutes and Ladders or Candyland.

20 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And while what you posted is absolutely true, Wilkerson's tenure with the Jets was given new life because Richardson refused to keep himself away from Goddell's  suspension radar . 

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

And while what you posted is absolutely true, Wilkerson's tenure with the Jets was given new life because Richardson refused to keep himself away from Goddell's  suspension radar . 

That idea might be credible if Maccagnan took Wilkerson off the trading block, or immediately restarted extension negotiations, right after Sheldon's transgressions. Instead it didn't happen again until July, and chiefly because he needed the room to sign Fitzpatrick.

Further, Sheldon was already high on Goodell's suspension radar before his last failed weed test last April(?), because he had to have recently failed 2 more tests prior to that to get suspended. Meaning he'd already recently failed 2 drug tests during or just prior to Maccagnan again trying to trade Mo in March-April of 2016 before that draft. The car chase thing came after he'd already failed 2 drug tests that weren't released to the public.

So unfortunately, the timeline of events doesn't fit this story.

35 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That idea might be credible if Maccagnan took Wilkerson off the trading block, or immediately restarted extension negotiations, right after Sheldon's transgressions. Instead it didn't happen again until July, and chiefly because he needed the room to sign Fitzpatrick.

Further, Sheldon was already high on Goodell's suspension radar before his last failed weed test last April(?), because he had to have recently failed 2 more tests prior to that to get suspended. Meaning he'd already recently failed 2 drug tests during or just prior to Maccagnan again trying to trade Mo in March-April of 2016 before that draft. The car chase thing came after he'd already failed 2 drug tests that weren't released to the public.

So unfortunately, the timeline of events doesn't fit this story.

Would you say that both  these guys have been dangled in trade conversations  ?  If so, then why does it matter where the time table line up ? Wilkerson got the contract and didn't live up to the big money .  Richardson wants the big money but can't stay out of trouble or keep his trap shut . The Jets would trade either guy depending on the compensation and that's all that matters . Both these guys managed to screw up their worth .

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Would you say that both  these guys have been dangled in trade conversations  ?  If so, then why does it matter where the time table line up ? Wilkerson got the contract and didn't live up to the big money .  Richardson wants the big money but can't stay out of trouble or keep his trap shut . The Jets would trade either guy depending on the compensation and that's all that matters . Both these guys managed to screw up their worth .

What does this have to do with your assertion that he only decided to keep Mo due to Sheldon? Nothing.

The reality is he kept Mo because he wouldn't accept anyone else's offer, he was under pressure from the idiot press who know nothing about anything, and after pissing away 9 figures worth of FAs in 13 months, he wanted to clear another $6m to re-sign Fitzpatrick late. In doing so he screwed up more than he realized because he can't see more than 1 move ahead; it's like he's oblivious to the way one move affects multiple future moves.

26 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What does this have to do with your assertion that he only decided to keep Mo due to Sheldon? Nothing.

The reality is he kept Mo because he wouldn't accept anyone else's offer, he was under pressure from the idiot press who know nothing about anything, and after pissing away 9 figures worth of FAs in 13 months, he wanted to clear another $6m to re-sign Fitzpatrick late. In doing so he screwed up more than he realized because he can't see more than 1 move ahead; it's like he's oblivious to the way one move affects multiple future moves.

Absolutely nothing, carry on . 

Mo will be fine.  Guy has been nothing short of a total pro his whole career except for last season.  But then again the WHOLE team quit on the sorry excuse for a coach we have.  So I can't kill MO for doing what everyone else also did.  The whole Jets team QUIT on the season last year.  That is a leadership problem that falls squarely on the HC.  Should Mo have been on time to the meeting and had birthday cake with his teammates?  Sure.  It would have been the right thing to do.  But he was hanging out with Sheldon not giving a **** at the time.  Bowles used it as an opportunity to try to make a statement and all he accomplished was damaging the reputation on a player. 

Mehta decided that the Mo deal was a bad one as soon as the news came out that the Jets resigned him.  He would have said the same thing no matter who was resigned because....well he exists to create trouble for the team and irritate and annoy the fanbase.  Pay him zero attention. 

IMO the only move once we drafted Leo was to get rid of Sheldon.  But that's hard to do when that fat lazy pos is out ruining his own trade value.  So here we are stuck with that loser until Macc can find a desperate trade partner or he just cuts him.  Either way that scumbag loser can't get off the Jets fast enough imo.  He's going to be a problem all year and he's going to be the first guy running to the media after every game. 

2 hours ago, makethejetsgreatagain91 said:

He's Fake News! I called him out to his face at training camp for his anonymous sources! He should go work for TMZ! Leave the Jets reporting to Rich Cimini and Brian Costello the two good reporters.

Manish = Fake News!

Even Cimini and Costello suck.  Twitter has made the traditional media beat writers obsolete.  The best scoops don't even go to them anymore.

20 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Am I allowed to believe that both Manish is an idiot and the Jets should have kept Snacks instead of Mo?

Snacks is the NFL's best run defender and was voted so by the entire league's players.  Mo skips team meetings to go smoke weed with Sheldumb and half-tails it on Sunday.  So yeah

Mo will be fine.  Guy has been nothing short of a total pro his whole career except for last season.  But then again the WHOLE team quit on the sorry excuse for a coach we have.  So I can't kill MO for doing what everyone else also did.  The whole Jets team QUIT on the season last year.  That is a leadership problem that falls squarely on the HC.  Should Mo have been on time to the meeting and had birthday cake with his teammates?  Sure.  It would have been the right thing to do.  But he was hanging out with Sheldon not giving a **** at the time.  Bowles used it as an opportunity to try to make a statement and all he accomplished was damaging the reputation on a player. 

Mehta decided that the Mo deal was a bad one as soon as the news came out that the Jets resigned him.  He would have said the same thing no matter who was resigned because....well he exists to create trouble for the team and irritate and annoy the fanbase.  Pay him zero attention. 

IMO the only move once we drafted Leo was to get rid of Sheldon.  But that's hard to do when that fat lazy pos is out ruining his own trade value.  So here we are stuck with that loser until Macc can find a desperate trade partner or he just cuts him.  Either way that scumbag loser can't get off the Jets fast enough imo.  He's going to be a problem all year and he's going to be the first guy running to the media after every game. 

leaders don't do what everyone else does. For the record Mo gets a pass last year because he was coming off a shattered leg.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived