Training Camp Practice 8/23

Lupz27

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

THEREIN LIES THE RUB. If you fire Bowles and Maccagnan, no one smart is going to trust the organization enough to work here, but if you try to force Macc and Bowles on a new VP-type, no one is taking that deal either

The only possible thing that can change this is #1 pick, consensus can't miss franchise QB available in draft, and 100 million in cap space would open a lot of doors, but yes pick 7, and it's the next big Coordinator, and the Seahawks Assistant GM's secretary at GM.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

THEREIN LIES THE RUB. If you fire Bowles and Maccagnan, no one smart is going to trust the organization enough to work here, but if you try to force Macc and Bowles on a new VP-type, no one is taking that deal either

Woody's biggest challenge is to correct the organization.   

Wins on the field will come after that.

The 49ers, after being similarly dysfunctional, had to give Shanahan and Lynch 6 year contracts.  That got their attention.

I don't know whether I can say that Bowles and Macc were bad hires.  I think they were put in a bad situation.  They need better leadership and structure.

The solution to this riddle is right under our noses.  On Late Hits tonight, Gil Brandt said that the Chiefs had the most talent in football.  they also traded up for Mahomes, when theoretically they could used their first round pick on someone who could contribute immediately.   Dorsey gets it, but something is wrong with him.  May have been a cultural thing.  The Chief have 2 QBS, an OL, a TE, WRS, edge rushers, CBs and even S.  

Give him a 5 year $15million contract to be director of football operations, with Mac and Bowles each getting extended to 2019.   That shows the NFL that we are credible people of our word.  Let Mac convince Dorsey to draft 2 safeties when you don't have a QB.  Let Dorsey be the Wizard behind the curtain.  If Dorsey wants his own people, he gets them next year, with 4 more years on his contract.

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Aliens is one the best sci-fi films of all time. One of the best ever sequels made too. I won't spoil it for you but some of the best one liners ever on film are in that movie. Watch and enjoy.

"Game over man, game over!" - RIP Bill

That one liner can sum up the Jets this season.

Archived