Desshaun Kizer gets starting job for Browns more affirmation medias plan to start Mccown makes no sense

Jetsbb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=73&v=sZ5Zv0puimw

Deshaun Kizer picked number 52 in this years draft will start from week one yet the NY media is trying to sell Hackenberg picked number 51 in last years draft cant possibly be ready to play. Hopefully with the news that Hack and Bryce are getting most of the reps this week Bowles and Mac realize its beyond pointless to start Mcown and are going to make the right decision. The media is all in on Mccown calling him the presumptive starter and all this BS. You think Kizer is the best option for the Brown right now and wont make mistakes? You put out the high draft pick and let him sink or swim. Again Derek Carr is the best recent example went 3-13 as a rookie starter and had a 76 QB rating. The Mcown crowd makes so little sense yet is embraced by the media narrative.

Just now, C Mart said:

BREAKING: Bears give QB Mitch Trubisky work with first-team offense in practice

so it just isn't ny media that are crazy. 

Huh? Bears media are advocating for Trubisky to start right away even over Glenon who is making double what Mccown is. The more and more you think about it McCown starting is preposterous. What to wait 4 weeks and then start Hack? He wont get any better not practicing all week and watching from the sidelines.

GOOD: The Browns starting a rookie 

ALSO GOOD: The Jets wouldn't even put Hackenberg on the field for what amounted to a scrimmage in Week 17 last year.

GOODEST: Starting a young QB but also not starting a young QB. ITS COMPLICATED.

Verdict: Evil media is wrong or whatever.

5 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Huh? Bears media are advocating for Trubisky to start right away even over Glenon who is making double what Mccown is. The more and more you think about it McCown starting is preposterous. What to wait 4 weeks and then start Hack? He wont get any better not practicing all week and watching from the sidelines.

So someone can't learn/improve by observing, being in meetings watching film, practicing during the week? Ok. 

The reference is it's a breaking news alert that Trubisky is getting 1st team reps. Breaking news!

So when does the msg board narrative that the '17 qb class sucks officially change? 

It actually looks like it has potential to be one of the better qb classes in years. At least it's trending that way.

Glad we made the wise decison to pass on all those exciting young qbs. ;)

ESPN's Pat McManamon reports the Browns have renewed efforts to trade Brock Osweiler.

DeShone Kizer is on track to start Week 1 barring an implosion in the third week of the preseason, while Osweiler is not going to play this week. Osweiler's inactivity suggests the Browns are trying to keep him healthy in order to deal him. Osweiler essentially took a shot at Browns team hierarchy, replying "I think that's a great question for our general manager" when asked what would need to happen for him to win the starting job, suggesting it would be the GM's call and not coach Hue Jackson's. "I don't know where that came from," Jackson answered when asked about Osweiler's comment.

48 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

So when does the msg board narrative that the '17 qb class sucks officially change? 

It actually looks like it has potential to be one of the better qb classes in years. At least it's trending that way.

Glad we made the wise decison to pass on all those exciting young qbs. ;)

can we watch them play against a real defense first ?

lol

I think that's fair. But the fact that some of these rookies are winning camp battles against seasoned vets means something. These young guns are not the scrubs we heard they were, for months, by a collective narrative. It wasn't long ago that posters were literally selling that Trubisky and Watson were no better than 4th round talents in next yr's draft. 

27 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

I think that's fair. But the fact that some of these rookies are winning camp battles against seasoned vets means something. These young guns are not the scrubs we heard they were, for months, by a collective narrative. It wasn't long ago that posters were literally selling that Trubisky and Watson were no better than 4th round talents in next yr's draft. 

No these rooks are winning battles against proven bad QBs that Jet fans thought could be our savior . Nobody who wanted Mccown here thought he was a savior, just someone the kids would listen too after getting chewed out by their coordinator and position coach .

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

BREAKING: Bears give QB Mitch Trubisky work with first-team offense in practice

so it just isn't ny media that are crazy. 

So let's see, Trubisky pushing for QB 1, Kizer currently QB 1, Mahomes looks the best of all of them, and just being held back because A Smith is having the best Camp/Preseason of his career, Watson still a long shot for QB 1, Peterman will be Bills QB by week 6 the latest IMO, BUT this past QB class was SOOOOOOOOOOOO Weak, let's pass on one, and pray we have one fall to us next year while we purposely tank.  SMDH!

So let's see, Trubisky pushing for QB 1, Kizer currently QB 1, Mahomes looks the best of all of them, and just being held back because A Smith is having the best Camp/Preseason of his career, Watson still a long shot for QB 1, Peterman will be Bills QB by week 6 the latest IMO, BUT this past QB class was SOOOOOOOOOOOO Weak, let's pass on one, and pray we have one fall to us next year while we purposely tank.  SMDH!

I don't know why we didn't take a flier on Peterman. He's looked pretty solid in preseason, I hate to admit it but he looks far more polished than Hackenberg and Petty.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

I think the teams that are otherwise strong, like the Broncos and Texans, will go with veteran QBs with lesser physical talent.  Its conservative coaching-find a QB who can not lose.  My guess is that there are changes before the season's end.

The GM of the Bears was very aggressive.  He signed Glennon, and then traded up for Trubitsky.   The Bears are spending like 5x on QBS than the JEts are.  Maybe that is the model.  Why sign Glennon when picking 3?  They must have feared someone would pick Trubitsky.  Maybe the Jets.  I definitely thought that the Jets would take MT.  People were poopooing him.  I knew he would be good.  The Bears signed an expensive QB and then traded up for one.  What did we do?

But for the Bears, its a coin flip to play him.  Will it hurt his development?  Maybe they think that he needs the experience soon.  

For the Browns, they are not good.  Might was well play Kizer and trade Osweiler.  I remember seeing a picture of Macc at one of Kizer's workouts.   I remember reading about all sorts of problems with Kizer.   Let's see how he ends up.  If he is an NFL QB, and Macc took a safety, he needs to go.   I have less sympathy for that than taking Adams over Mahomes/Watson.

When you see all of the spoiled, misbehaving athletes of the world, both Hack and Petty seem like good guys.   This chaos at the Jets is not doing them any favors.  i have alot of sympathy for them.

18 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

I don't know why we didn't take a flier on Peterman. He's looked pretty solid in preseason, I hate to admit it but he looks far more polished than Hackenberg and Petty.

FIFTH ROUND PICK.

FIFTH ROUND PICK.

That's the worst part. He looks better than all of our QB's already....give him a year and he could be a starter picked in the 5th round. Whatever...it's preseason he may look terrible against starters but really makes me hope he does not turn into a Dak Prescott 2017 edition. The only solace is I know we will be grabbing a QB early in '18 draft.

1 hour ago, nicg4360 said:

That's the worst part. He looks better than all of our QB's already....give him a year and he could be a starter picked in the 5th round. Whatever...it's preseason he may look terrible against starters but really makes me hope he does not turn into a Dak Prescott 2017 edition. The only solace is I know we will be grabbing a QB early in '18 draft.

Sadly, there is no guarantee of that.   Mac is our GM, I see a CB/CB in Rounds 1 and 2.   Yep, he is just that bad.

7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Next years QB class is the best in history, abd whoever is the best QB, is the one we will get. Its called a competitive rebuild, ever heard of it

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

GOOD: The Browns starting a rookie 

ALSO GOOD: The Jets wouldn't even put Hackenberg on the field for what amounted to a scrimmage in Week 17 last year.

GOODEST: Starting a young QB but also not starting a young QB. ITS COMPLICATED.

Verdict: Evil media is wrong or whatever.

Crass sarcasm hinting media isn't actually evil.

Verdict: TOm Shane is part of the media

Sadly, there is no guarantee of that.   Mac is our GM, I see a CB/CB in Rounds 1 and 2.   Yep, he is just that bad.

What I could see which is very realistic is what he did in spades this past draft. If we have a top 3 to trade down and accumulate picks and go middle first round QB and a CB after like you suggested lol....I'd prefer an OL over CB but what do I know.

53 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Next years QB class is the best in history, abd whoever is the best QB, is the one we will get. Its called a competitive rebuild, ever heard of it

Lol you actually think the Jets are gonna get the first pick?  Bowles will **** that up just like Rex did in 2014.  IF Woody did this the right way back in 2014, he fires Rex before at the bye promotes Mornigwig, and orders him to play all the scrubs, and IR anyone good with a hang nail, and were on year 3 of building around Winston, or Mariota!  Probably wouldn't have Todd Bowles because Woody wouldn't have needed a committee to find him good people to run the organization with the 1st, or 2nd pick with those 2 QB's available.

Needless to say the Jets will Jets, and **** this up.

8 hours ago, nicg4360 said:

This is a legitimate gripe with Mac.  I had no interest in any round 1 QB other then mahomes, but Peterman in the 4-5th round would have been an excellent way to bring in another young player at the position.  Plus, given what Morton wants to do with short passing, play action, etc it fit Peterman's skill set perfectly.

This is a legitimate gripe with Mac.  I had no interest in any round 1 QB other then mahomes, but Peterman in the 4-5th round would have been an excellent way to bring in another young player at the position.  Plus, given what Morton wants to do with short passing, play action, etc it fit Peterman's skill set perfectly.

Yea it's unfortunate. From what I've seen of Peterman so far I would not be shocked to see him playing this season to see what he has. Buffalo is primed to revamp the team with a boat load of picks but Peterman just seems to have game. They are not fans of Tyrod Tayor.

Archived