JETS --GIANTS Official Pre-Season Game Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 / 18 229 yards, 2 TDs \ 0 INT for Hackenberg

11 / 21 145 yards, 1 TD \ 0 INT for Petty

1 / 1 7 yards, 0 TD \ 0 INT for McCown

McCown then named the week one starter and he doesn't play next week. He goes 9 / 24 112 yards, 0 TDs \ 3 INTs in the opener.  (KIDDING).

McCown will look good moving the offense tonight.  We will see what a professional qb looks like.  
Then hack and petty will finish out the game for amatuer hour.

So your certain McCown plays tonight with no reps this week?

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

So amped.

Asked it a few times over the past couple days.  Can a head coach seriously go in to week 1 with a QB who played 4 pre-season snaps not due to injury, but HC decision?  Sounds crazy, right?

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Asked it a few times over the past couple days.  Can a head coach seriously go in to week 1 with a QB who played 4 pre-season snaps not due to injury, but HC decision?  Sounds crazy, right?

I think it's more than likely not the HC's decision, though. If McCown's not hurt, it seems they're not playing him or letting him practice because they don't want the rest of the team to revolt when they name Hackenberg the starter. Like throwing a tarp over the pretty sister so you can marry off the fatty. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think it's more than likely not the HC's decision, though. If McCown's not hurt, it seems they're not playing him or letting him practice because they don't want the rest of the team to revolt when they name Hackenberg the starter. Like throwing a tarp over the pretty sister so you can marry off the fatty. 

Wondered about Mac's level of involvement.  If he is forcing any decisions on Bowles, which I'm not saying he is, then the whole "power structure" thing is overblown, and Mac is overruling Bowles.

Not that the team would announce anything, but I wonder if the structure was changed when Woody left.

7 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Gonna be a good night tonight.  Told the wife we can't go to dinner tonight and she can go out with her girlfriend.

It will be me and my two dogs and food and drinks on the couch.

Doesn't get much better than that.

Man, some of us suckers will be watching the Jets/Giants. You're a wise man just hanging out with your dogs on the couch instead.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I'm going to the game tonight, and sitting in a suite, does anyone know if you get access to the clubs on the Mezzanine level if your sitting in the suites?

I think the answer is yes but only if you buy 2 more PSLs.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Like they're trying to hide something?  That's just riddicu...wait....oh....

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Wondered about Mac's level of involvement.  If he is forcing any decisions on Bowles, which I'm not saying he is, then the whole "power structure" thing is overblown, and Mac is overruling Bowles.

Not that the team would announce anything, but I wonder if the structure was changed when Woody left.

I think it's less about power structure and more about both guys trying to cover their ass while preserving some plausible deniability in future job interviews. Bowles can go be a DB coach somewhere and blame Hackenberg on Maccagnan, and Macc can go be a scout somewhere and blame the team's collapse on a rebuild gone astray behind a weak, disinterested coach.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think it's less about power structure and more about both guys trying to cover their ass while preserving some plausible deniability in future job interviews. Bowles can go be a DB coach somewhere and blame Hackenberg on Maccagnan, and Macc can go be a scout somewhere and blame the team's collapse on a rebuild gone astray behind a weak, disinterested coach.

That's why I thought the Manish story had some legs.  Wouldn't be shocked if the finger-pointing started early.

Archived