JETS --GIANTS Official Pre-Season Game Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dbatesman said:

Hi guys! I'm at a wedding tonight, so I'm missing the game. On a scale of "basically, he's a rookie" to "his footwork is better than last year," how great has Hackenberg looked?

Can't make reads, locks onto his first read, holds the ball too long, slow release, inaccurate and 0 pocket awareness but other than that Hack looks great

Hi guys! I'm at a wedding tonight, so I'm missing the game. On a scale of "basically, he's a rookie" to "his footwork is better than last year," how great has Hackenberg looked?

Hack is not a Starting NFL QB. He isn't anywhere close 

Just now, gEYno said:

It's not a matter of showing us.  When Bowles is fired after this year, this is his resume.  His best shot at a job is to say, "this is what I had to work with."

Bowles will be a waterboy in Arizona next year.  Hopefully Mac is getting coffee for the front office in Houston

7 minutes ago, yvj said:

In a perfect world  Hack would be learning under a quality QB not a journeyman like McCown. Not to disparage Josh but someone like Hack who has the physical tools needs to be taught how to slow the game down and take control rather than reacting to what should be happening

This "learning/mentoring" cliche for a QB is crap.  Total, effing, crap.

Sure, he might pick up a pointer or two... but a QB either has it, or he doesnt. 

Pretty clear which one Hack is.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And people are rooting for him to be cut or traded. We have a few talented players on this team, we can't afford to give away the young/good ones.

Don't worry Mac will give him a mid-season $90 million extension

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

This "learning/mentoring" cliche for a Qab is crap.  Total, effing, crap.

Sure, he might pick up a pointer or two... but a QB either has it, or he doesnt. 

Andrew Luck learned from the best ever Curtis Painter

22 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Only one pick-6 so far so I'd give him an A+.

EDIT: His 2nd pick-6 was probably more the WR's fault so his grade is still a solid A+.

8 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This "learning/mentoring" cliche for a QB is crap.  Total, effing, crap.

First of all you might be right about Hack and he can't play.

Secondly I never said  that would make  you a HoFer. But such a situation could have given him the confidence to be a serviceable starter. And currently with no other options this is not a franchise that would/should turn its nose up at someone on Alex Smith's level.

When McCown wins Comeback Player of the Year and leads us to a 6-10 record and the 10th overall pick, I'm going to quit my job so I can just sit on my couch and laugh all day

If Macagnan is still the GM I have a feeling Darnold is gonna say "Hey, sun, beaches and babes here at USC for one more season!"

Archived