JETS --GIANTS Official Pre-Season Game Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

19 points tonight are basically on the offenses head.  How does that reflect so poorly on the defense?  The starting defense is fine imo

Eli didnt play most of the first half.  What do you think Brady or Carr in 4 quarters is going to do to this defense?

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't mind the underthrow to Robby. Gives him a chance to make play vs an overthrow. Plus it was PI. The pass to ASJ was just atrocious. 

The under throw was because he had pressure and didn't step into the throw.

The overthrow was because he had no pressure and didn't step into the throw. 

He still hasn't learned to point his foot and step into a throw...I'm out. Petty starts, Hack to the practice squad, and we have a lot of college film to watch.

Thank God we didn't trade our 1st round pick. It's going to be a good one.

10 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

What is your point?  Do you have aspirations of 7-9? lol if we are going to be bad, this is the bad I want.  I'm sick of Jets mediocrity, stink it up to high hell

Also we couldn't have signed Cutler, b/c Cutler isn't stupid and didn't want to come to us anyway.  It is a two way street, they do get a choice in this lol

If the Jets had Marshall, Decker, Forte from 3 years ago Cutler would have been a thing, but like you just said why would we sign anyone over the age of 25 right now.

Just now, JiF said:

Funny thing is he hasn't looked that bad.  Haha - well, the first pick six was bad.  But otherwise he's been fine.  The other pick was on Anderson.  

He is a one read qb with no instincts or ability to actually play football. He looks like a robot out there. He has a strong arm but no touch.

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

Eli didnt play most of the first half.  What do you think Brady or Carr in 4 quarters is going to do to this defense?

He played the whole 1Q, where our offense gave up the entire 19 pts (i'm counting the 3pt FG due to the safety and field position). He threw a pick and moved between the 20s.  He didn't do much.  Granted he is missing his top 2 receivers but like I said I don't think the starting D is that bad.  The depth though looks rough no doubt and if anyone gets injured the defense will be in trouble.  Claiborne wasn't playing tonight as well.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meanwhile, Darron Lee might have the worst instincts I've ever seen from a LB.

Didn't even know Lee was playing, what a waste of a 1st rounder!  I can't get on them for drafting him as nobody drafted after him in the next 10 picks is any good yet.

Just now, southparkcpa said:

IMG_0746.JPGYou guys are all fukked  up.  I went to the METS NATS game and had a great time.   I haven't thought about this dumpster fire of a team.....   well, maybe a little. RAn into Tebow at the game. 

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

Any of our players get hurt today?

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Didn't even know Lee was playing, what a waste of a 1st rounder!  I can't get on them for drafting him as nobody drafted after him in the next 10 picks is any good yet.

I blame them for the terrible posisiton change . 

10 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I hate this year's team. But as always I'm going to watch every game and chat with you ****ers.

The only silver lining is that the unbearable homers will scurry away like cockroaches in a few weeks. 

It won't take a few weeks.....   damn we suck.  

5 minutes ago, Barkus said:

He is a one read qb with no instincts or ability to actually play football. He looks like a robot out there. He has a strong arm but no touch.

I'm not saying he's good but he's made a few plays tonight.  A couple nice throws that weren't his first reads.  I just think it's funny this particular performance is turning off even the staunchest supporters and it's not that bad other then one throw.  

I don't even understand what the hell was the point of giving Petty the reps with teh 1s this week if you weren't going to give him a shot in the game with the 1s at all.  Was Bowles just doing it so he could say that reps equaled out?  ******* sh*te I'm more pissed about what they did to Petty than I should be.

12 minutes ago, kmnj said:

so why is it once again the majority of fans knew hack could not play in the NFL after watching him play at PSU but our GM wasted a second rounder on him-there are some that so wanted to believe their eyes were wrong and our gm "knows better" . I am just a avg fan (of 40 years) that knew last year Fitz was going to be a trainwreck and Hack would be even worse-this is not me saying I was/am right but how the hell do the Jets keeping bringing in terrible GMS

Mac fans wake up and see the truth-he is awful-one pick a year -now right away some will rattle off guys names that "show promise" which is garbage-we have maybe 5 guys that would start on other teams and that is being generous -on offense we have ZERO superstars -on defense we have lots of high draft picks that dont play well

get rid of mac get rid of bowles or just sell the team and move the franchise

You're missing the subtle horror of this scouting assessment. This is what he looks like after 2 offseasons of grooming and retraining, with the team bringing in 2 "mentor" QBs to boot.

In other words, as bad as he is, he was even worse when we drafted him.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I'm at the game this is painful to watch.

Snoopy has left the building. If I were you I'd sneak out through my the back door. This is like watching a really really really bad movie. ?

Archived