joewilly12

JETS --GIANTS Official Pre-Season Game Thread

1 minute ago, Barkus said:

Umm, petty looks pretty good. Hansen and stewart are playing great too.

As done with Macc as I am right now, Hansen and Stewart were 2 solid sleeper picks.  I really, really, really liked Stewart

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
4 minutes ago, thadude said:

McCown, because hes better than Petty

Yeah because we'd like to pass on finding out if Petty can develop and gain the bonus of getting a lower draft pick so we can't pick a good QB next year. 

Sorry if I don't trust your judgment on what makes a good GM. It may not be Mac but you are no help whatsoever. 

Just now, thadude said:

Comparing Petty to Hack is like comparing a totally mediocre NFL qb to pile of rocks

I've said it before Petty can be a competent back up next year and McCown wont or shouldn't be here.

IMO Petty doesn't stink, he can play in the NFL.  And also IMO Petty looked better than every QB on the field tonight not named Eli Manning and one must remember there was talk of cutting Petty now that they had McCown and again I say silliness.

Well Petty just got hurt; so your man McCown is probably starting...  

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

Yeah because we'd like to pass on finding out if Petty can develop and gain the bonus of getting a lower draft pick so we can't pick a good QB next year. 

Sorry if I don't trust your judgment on what makes a good GM. It may not be Mac but you are no help whatsoever. 

Petty sucks.  Give it up.  He did ok facing 3rd stringers yay

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

I've said it before Petty can be a competent back up next year and McCown wont or shouldn't be here.

Petty can be a backup in the NFL.  He is not even an average starting QB.  

Hack should not be in the NFL at all and McCown will be retired in 4 months, mercifully.

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

Well now we can see the diff between hack and petty with him playing 3rd stringers and getting knocked all over the place, he needs years of development still

And there's that. Another turnover.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That and last season is why Petty will never be a relied upon starter. 

He just can't stay healthy.  Jesus Christ.

LOL

And with that, all excuses to start a young guy over McCown are gone.  They won't put Hack out there after this performance and Petty probably shredded his knee. Now McCown will  start for half a season, win 4-5 games, and kill our 1st overall pick chances.  That's the Jets fortunes.

Book it.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And with that, all excuses to start a young guy over McCown are gone.  They won't put Hack out there after this performance and Petty probably shredded his knee. Now McCown will  start for half a season, win 4-5 games, and kill our 1st overall pick chances.  That's the Jets fortunes.

Book it.

With our luck Tyrod has a chronic concussion problem and we go 2-14 while the Bills go 1-15