JETS --GIANTS Official Pre-Season Game Thread

joewilly12

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I was holding out hope for meniscus, which I partially tore when I played, but that feels tight immediately after.  Whole knee locked up.  Loose means a ligament for sure.

Sucks for the kid. I partially tore an MCL decades ago. Knew something was wrong, but could still walk on it.

Seems similar

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Look, im not trying to get into a big thing here, but if Bryce Petty is the best example of player development of the Todd Bowles era, then that basically validates what I'm saying.

i don't know if it's coming off as me trying to defend Hackenberg or something, but I'm not.  He's awful.  It was an awful pick by the GM.  Bowles is equally terrible, as there is a lack of improvement across the board.

Meh. There's no evidence he'd be anything at all no matter who was coaching. Easy to say, since it's technically impossible to disprove right now, but nobody was making this kid serviceable at this point if this is what he looks like after 2 offseasons. Maybe this suddenly changes, but it's hard to see it.

Maccagnan and Bowles should both be deservedly fired, but Bowles' failure to develop Hackenberg is low - or absent - on my list of reasons why.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I was holding out hope for meniscus, which I partially tore when I played, but that feels tight immediately after.  Whole knee locked up.  Loose means a ligament for sure.

Rothliseberger played most of as season with a torn meniscus. Uncomfortable (also having had one) but odd thing is activity makes it feel better. Could plausibly even get surgery and be ready in about 4-6 weeks.  

29 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Rothliseberger played most of as season with a torn meniscus. Uncomfortable (also having had one) but odd thing is activity makes it feel better. Could plausibly even get surgery and be ready in about 4-6 weeks.  

Absolutely.  You just have to watch for fluid build up or a total lock up (which would signify a flip and require surgery).  I got lucky and didn't need the surgery as all the fluid reabsorbed and it was only a partial tear with no flip.  The only lasting effects were it got super stiff at times (where activity was low) and occasional fluid build up if I had a ton of activity.  The only issues I had while playing were not being able to fully drive into my throws.  A scoping and scraping would remedy all of that and Petty would have more than enough arm strength to compensate.

That all being said, this sounds like ligament damage for Petty which, obviously, is far more serious.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

What's so funny you f*cking idiot?

I didn't anoint him anything or say he's good.  I just said that's why he won't be given a chance/make it through any chances given to him/given the benefit of the doubt.  How does a human being struggle this much with reading comprehension?  If you stopped jerking yourself off for 2 seconds in this thread, maybe you'd be able to grasp simple things.

No one here likes you. Not even the people who share your viewpoints. You're just a f*cking d*ckface.  Leave this forum.  Stop quoting me.  I don't like you.  At all.

Look, I know eventually I will be banned.  Enough people who are baselessly assuming Macagnan and even Bowles are competent and know what they are doing will call me a troll.  But, in the end, it changes NOTHING.

This organization and its fans will continue to accept not even mediocrity, they will accept being laughed at by the entire world.  For what reason? Made up excuses about Rex and Idzik?  Made up excuses that our GM didn't have the GOAT QB land in his lap in the 6th round?  Somehow I don't see the Giants making that excuse.  I don't see the Steelers making that excuse.

I don't even see the Raiders and the goofy Son of Al owner making that excuse.  The Bidwells in AZ were considered terrible owners once upon a time now they win.  Even the Cleveland Browns are getting their act together.  Nor do I see James Dolan, the supposedly worse owner ever make that excuse when his Rangers make the NHL playoffs every year.

Macagnan and Bowles probably both will survive this year.  All you guys are right.  And I will be banned at some point.  But know this.  YOU ARE ALL WRONG.  I AM RIGHT. MAC AND BOWLES ARE A CLUSTER

2 hours ago, thadude said:

Nor do I see James Dolan, the supposedly worse owner ever make that excuse when his Rangers make the NHL playoffs every year.

The Rangers missed the playoffs 7 straight times under Dolan/Sather.  And Slats once bragged (something along the lines of) he could win the cup every year with the Rangers' payroll. Yes they turned things around but not without a LOT of pain. 

39 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Rangers missed the playoffs 7 straight times under Dolan/Sather.  And Slats once bragged (something along the lines of) he could win the cup every year with the Rangers' payroll. Yes they turned things around but not without a LOT of pain. 

This year alone is going to be a looooooooooot of Pain.

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Hi guys. its me Crusher. Every game thread this year is going to be a gigantic carbuncle of dissapointmemt and dread. Literally like having your nuts shaved with pepper spray and a rusty razor. Yet... still Jetnation still NO personal attacks. Thank you 

Carbuncle? What a great site! You get to learn new words and practice psychology amongst our fellow fans. 

7 hours ago, nycdan said:

Or maybe the incredible pressure would transform him into a living diamond, able to throw 80-yard laser beams that curve around defenders and dock firmly in the hands of his inexperienced, yet determined WRs. 

Hahaha... The QB version of

ukHYO9.gif

There is young talent on this team.  I like the safeties and I like the the young recievers drafted this year.  Both Stewart and Hansen are showing signs they will turn into players.  This is obviously a rebuilding year.  We all expected this to be a bad year for wins/losses.  However I do see some young talent.

4 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

There is young talent on this team.  I like the safeties and I like the the young recievers drafted this year.  Both Stewart and Hansen are showing signs they will turn into players.  This is obviously a rebuilding year.  We all expected this to be a bad year for wins/losses.  However I do see some young talent.

I see dead QB's.

Archived