jetscrazey

With Petty hurt and Hackenberg functionally incompetent who do they bring in?

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
2 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Ok so football move aside, what would be a better PR move for the Trump appointed Woody. The pro Kap crowd and media would be shocked and would be praising Woody. I would love to hear Dick's and Manish's reaction which if they support it would be a smart move if they bash it they would more likely get ridiculed. I am not advocating any of this as I stay the F*ck out of politics, but it would be interesting how all of the sports media, players and fans would react. 

It really would be fascinating to watch. You'd get a bunch of antagonistic headlines locally (Police union issuing a statement, season ticket holder burns jersey! Pig socks pic on the front of the Post, etc), but what if he was actually good? Nationally, the Jets would come off looking pretty slick. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It really would be fascinating to watch. You'd get a bunch of antagonistic headlines locally (Police union issuing a statement, season ticket holder burns jersey! Pig socks pic on the front of the Post, etc), but what if he was actually good? Nationally, the Jets would come off looking pretty slick. 

This could be a season for the record books. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Hack starts all year, every game.  McCown is the #2.  Petty to IR.  We sign some kid off someone else's PS or the street who lost out in this years camp battles.

What happens, happens.

No reason, this year, to do anything else.  No Kap (get f'ed).  No RG3.  And no, no Geno Smith.

And then we better hope whatever curse this franchise is operating under expires in our lifetime.

This is what should happen. Mostly for the fact that I don't want McCown to slip and win us a game and screw us over.

He's just like Cimini, Mehta & Hughes...Nothing but a pos. pure trash. 

Brian Costello @BrianCoz

If Petty is out, Jets are going to have to sign a QB for Thursday’s game. I say sign Manziel and Kaepernick, give them both a half.

Why not make it interesting for the beat writers D? That is my priority

14 minutes ago, C Mart said:

David J. Chao, MD‏ @ProFootballDoc  

By video, suspect MCL sprain, not ACL tear. With a little luck, #BrycePetty could be ready for season or soon thereafter with a brace.

If it is a MCL sprain that is awesome. If Petty can play and does NOT start and Boiwles starts McClown anyway he should be fired on the spot. Does Bowles actually think we dont remember that McClown sucks moose cock at QB? Seriously, WTF?

And then we have to trade for a safety? A friggin safety? Is safety all of a sudden the most important position on the team. And on a team with no CB we trade one who seems to finally be emerging for a safety?

Mac and Bowles are hopelessly clueless.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

If it is a MCL sprain that is awesome. If Petty can play and does NOT start and Boiwles starts McClown anyway he should be fired on the spot. Does Bowles actually think we dont remember that McClown sucks moose cock at QB? Seriously, WTF?

And then we have to trade for a safety? A friggin safety? Is safety all of a sudden the most important position on the team. And on a team with no CB we trade one who seems to finally be emerging for a safety?

Mac and Bowles are hopelessly clueless.

Read some thoughts in the McDougle trade thread..Not difficult to understand the trade logic. All I can say. 

I just hope it's a guy who can run a pro system.  No Kaepernick/Tebow types.

I'm already enjoying seeing the young WRs develop.  Why ruin it with a gimmicks QB.

At this point, line up RGIII(getting creamed and injured is his natural state anyway)Manziel, Kaep and every other warm body who is a plausible QB and see what they can do. Got nothing to lose. Not likely to find anyone who blows you away but they need to have 3 QBs over a 16 game season with this sh!tbag OL .

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Signing Kaepernick is so NY Jets we win the media hype game that and we desperately need a QB. 

'Desperate times call for desperate measures' 

Kaep would immediately be the best QB the Jets have had since half-a-Favre.

Jets o-line is terrible so McCown's old bum is probably getting hurt at some point.  Petty is already hurt.  Hackenberg is certainly not at a point right now where you can throw him into regular season game action.  They need a body and that body might actually have to play.
Look I don't really think Kap's style of play is ideally what I want out of a QB, but is there a better option at this point. 

Hack is a better option than kaep, he has more upside, costs next to nothing and if he sucks we get a good shot at drafting our franchise qb next season. Kaep was not good enough to hold his job against Blaine gabbert...the guy is garbage as an NFL qb. With the roster we have right now there is no point in trying to find someone to compete anyway might as well just accept we are going to have a crap season and let the young kids either sink or swim and build on the ones that rise up to the challenge.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Hack is a better option than kaep, he has more upside, costs next to nothing and if he sucks we get a good shot at drafting our franchise qb next season. Kaep was not good enough to hold his job against Blaine gabbert...the guy is garbage as an NFL qb. With the roster we have right now there is no point in trying to find someone to compete anyway might as well just accept we are going to have a crap season and let the young kids either sink or swim and build on the ones that rise up to the challenge.

He has more upside? Kaep played his team to the SUPER BOWL. Hack would get lost taking his kids to the SALAD BAR.

He has more upside? Kaep played his team to the SUPER BOWL. Hack would get lost taking his kids to the SALAD BAR.

No...just No kaep rode Alex Smith's safe play with an amazing team and amazing coach to a Superbowl where he got grossly outplayed by joe flacco to a point where the nfl had to shut the lights out and tell the ravens to make it look like the game could be close. Hack has been judged on his play in the preseason without ever taking a real nfl snap. So yes young kid who hasn't taken a single nfl snap and has no film is more upside than a guy who has proven he can not play.

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

No...just No kaep rode Alex Smith's safe play with an amazing team and amazing coach to a Superbowl where he got grossly outplayed by joe flacco to a point where the nfl had to shut the lights out and tell the ravens to make it look like the game could be close. Hack has been judged on his play in the preseason without ever taking a real nfl snap. So yes young kid who hasn't taken a single nfl snap and has no film is more upside than a guy who has proven he can not play.

Amazing how a team is suddenly amazing when a QB plays amazing. put brady on the jets on Robbie Anderson goes in 3rd round of fantasy drafts.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for BRETT FAVRE TOMMIE COPPER GIFS

Do It! See Robby running under those bombs for a few plays. Then the online gets him killed too.