Lith

Schefter: McDougle Traded to Eagles for S Terrence Brooks

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Seems to make sense now..

BOTTOM LINE

Lean, athletic, confident, competitive hybrid safety who should be a solid backup and core special-teams player at a minimum given his combination of fluidity, range and physicality. Has starter-caliber ability if he can improve his ball skills, and offers versatility as a "robber" or box defender.

Disguising Robber Technique

Against the St. Louis Rams, the Arizona Cardinals deploy their 3-3-5 package in the game, and blitz, sending six defenders after Nick Foles. Safety Deone Bucannon (#20) drops off the line of scrimmage into a robber position, while the other defenders play man coverage across the board:

http://insidethepylon.com/football-101/glossary-football-101/2015/10/20/itp-glossary-robber-technique/

Imagine three Deone Bucannons on the field at once!

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This will create a glaring need at CB for next years #1 pick. 

LOL. the Jets have so many holes it's ridiculous. they need an entire offensive rebuild. Hope you guys have a few years to waste watching fish swimming in the cesspool.

A trade of two players trying to resurrect their careers

Terrence Brooks is resurrecting his career with the Eagles

By: Turron Davenport | July 31, 2017 8:49 am ET

The Baltimore Ravens selected safety Terrence Brooks in the third round (No. 79 overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft. He was coming off of a National Championship season at Florida State.

Having played both cornerback and safety in college, Brooks’ versatility seemed like a natural fit for the Ravens. He played in 11 games before tearing his ACL and missing the rest of the season.

He played a lot less in 2015 when he returned from his injury. The Ravens made a series of free agent signings that pushed Brooks further down the depth chart and eventually led to his release.

Brooks was surprised by the news that he was cut but used it as motivation to make the most of his opportunity with the Eagles.

“I went through a lot of adversity in Baltimore and never want that to happen again. I owe it to myself,” Brooks explained after practice. “I know that I am a good player. I have to come out here and prove it.”

Claiming Brooks the day after he was released made sense for the Eagles since former Ravens personnel man Joe Douglas is now in Philadelphia.

Having played primarily a special teams role last year in Philly, Brooks worked to eventually earn an opportunity to have an impact on defense. The third-year safety posted his first career interception, a game sealer against the Giants in December.

Entering training camp this year, Brooks has his sights set on the No. 3 safety job. He is in an intense competition with Jaylen Watkins for the spot.

The coaching staff in Baltimore had some issues with Brooks’ ability to grasp the defense in 2015. He is making the necessary adjustments to ensure that doesn’t happen in Philadelphia.

At 25 years old, Brooks is a more focused player than he was when he first entered the league.

“For the most part, I am just taking the time to study up,” Brooks said. “I cut out all of the distractions and just stay home with my family. I just keep working and learning the playbook until I am comfortable with it.”

Having veterans Malcolm Jenkins and Rodney McLeod on the field to give him pointers also helps.

“When we get out here on the field, they always help me out whether it be techniques or just recognizing my plays,” Brooks said. “They are the starters for a reason so I just try to absorb all the stuff I can from them.”

Brooks has started to make more plays in practice. He seems to always find the football, which is a good thing for a safety. Now he is more vocal in practice.

“I feel like my coaches back in college ingrained that in me to take control and be the boss. When I am quiet I don’t play as well,” Brooks said. “I just speak loud and make sure I get everybody going. I try to be the leader and the guy that controls everybody and calms everybody down.”

http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/31/terrence-brooks-is-resurrecting-his-career-with-the-eagles/

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

So what? If the Jets liked Brookes there is no guarantee they would have gotten him even if he was cut.  Also maybe McDougle would have been cut also.

Maybe McDougle is one of those secret lizard people sent here to undermine humanity.

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

So what? If the Jets liked Brookes there is no guarantee they would have gotten him even if he was cut.  Also maybe McDougle would have been cut also.

Good luck with rational thoughts here. 

CB Depth Chart:

Claiborne, Burris, Roberts, Williams, Skrine, Jones (most likely makes 53)...McDougle was hard pressed to make 53..

It's a trade of two players around the 50-55 range of the 53 man roster... 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe McDougle is one of those secret lizard people sent here to undermine humanity.

It's quite possible! This asswhole fanbase would complain if Mac traded McDougle for Brady.  "What do we need a 40 year old QB for?"

14 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Because we needed depth at Safety.  I love the two starters from this years draft, but after them all you had was Miles.

And we don't need depth at corner

Just now, C Mart said:

People here wanted nothing to do w/McDougle until the recent articles...Now he's being treated here like 2009 Revis...I hope he makes it w/Philly. Good guy to root for. 

I know, they are hysterical!!

2 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

And we don't need depth at corner

Courtesy of C Mart:

CB Depth Chart:

Claiborne, Burris, Roberts, Williams, Skrine, Jones (most likely makes 53)...McDougle was hard pressed to make 53..

24 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Because we needed depth at Safety.  I love the two starters from this years draft, but after them all you had was Miles.

but don't even have starters at CB...

I know, they are hysterical!!

I never heard of Brooks..A quick google search and now I have, I think, an understanding why the trade was made.  As Shefter said, Jets need depth at S with the recent injuries there (Middleton & Miles).  A S on the bubble w/Philly is traded for a CB on the bubble w/the Jets..That's all this is. 

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

Has the nature /extend of R Miles injury been reported anywhere?  

Only the Jets could draft Safeties in the first 2 round and then still need to trade for 1.

Eye laceration, out indefinitely at this point.  Middleton injured too, I know its crazy with 2 drafted Safeties, but depth at the position took a huge hit with #3 and #4 Safeties going down... I like McDougle sucks but it is what it is

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Courtesy of C Mart:

CB Depth Chart:

Not that MacDougle makes that group better but this group as a whole is not keeping wr's and OC's up at night worrying about facing them. 

Just now, C Mart said:

I never heard of Brooks..A quick google search and now I have, I think, an understanding why the trade was made.  As Shefter said, Jets need depth at S with the recent injuries there (Middleton & Miles).  A S on the bubble w/Philly is traded for a CB on the bubble w/the Jets..That's all this is. 

The trade makes perfect sense, I honestly don't understand all the sudden love for McDougle.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Not that MacDougle makes that group better but this group as a whole is not keeping wr's and OC's up at night worrying about facing them. 

What do you mean aren't they shutting down Robbie Anderson daily in practice you know he's the best WR in the AFC............

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

It's a depth trade pure and simple.

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

The trade makes perfect sense, I honestly don't understand all the sudden love for McDougle.

No love for McDougle we are questioning the roster move as a whole. 

I'm not sure how much love there is for him. I think it's the lack of good players the Jets have at the position combined with the hilarity of...it's for another safety.