Schefter: McDougle Traded to Eagles for S Terrence Brooks

Lith

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

So what? If the Jets liked Brookes there is no guarantee they would have gotten him even if he was cut.  Also maybe McDougle would have been cut also.

Maybe McDougle is one of those secret lizard people sent here to undermine humanity.

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

So what? If the Jets liked Brookes there is no guarantee they would have gotten him even if he was cut.  Also maybe McDougle would have been cut also.

Good luck with rational thoughts here. 

CB Depth Chart:

Claiborne, Burris, Roberts, Williams, Skrine, Jones (most likely makes 53)...McDougle was hard pressed to make 53..

It's a trade of two players around the 50-55 range of the 53 man roster... 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe McDougle is one of those secret lizard people sent here to undermine humanity.

It's quite possible! This asswhole fanbase would complain if Mac traded McDougle for Brady.  "What do we need a 40 year old QB for?"

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

It's quite possible! This asswhole fanbase complain if Mac traded McDougle for Brady.  "What do we need a 40 year old QB for?"

People here wanted nothing to do w/McDougle until the recent articles...Now he's being treated here like 2009 Revis...I hope he makes it w/Philly. Good guy to root for. 

I know, they are hysterical!!

I never heard of Brooks..A quick google search and now I have, I think, an understanding why the trade was made.  As Shefter said, Jets need depth at S with the recent injuries there (Middleton & Miles).  A S on the bubble w/Philly is traded for a CB on the bubble w/the Jets..That's all this is. 

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

Has the nature /extend of R Miles injury been reported anywhere?  

Only the Jets could draft Safeties in the first 2 round and then still need to trade for 1.

Eye laceration, out indefinitely at this point.  Middleton injured too, I know its crazy with 2 drafted Safeties, but depth at the position took a huge hit with #3 and #4 Safeties going down... I like McDougle sucks but it is what it is

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Courtesy of C Mart:

CB Depth Chart:

Claiborne, Burris, Roberts, Williams, Skrine, Jones (most likely makes 53)...McDougle was hard pressed to make 53..

Not that MacDougle makes that group better but this group as a whole is not keeping wr's and OC's up at night worrying about facing them. 

Just now, C Mart said:

I never heard of Brooks..A quick google search and now I have, I think, an understanding why the trade was made.  As Shefter said, Jets need depth at S with the recent injuries there (Middleton & Miles).  A S on the bubble w/Philly is traded for a CB on the bubble w/the Jets..That's all this is. 

The trade makes perfect sense, I honestly don't understand all the sudden love for McDougle.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Not that MacDougle makes that group better but this group as a whole is not keeping wr's and OC's up at night worrying about facing them. 

What do you mean aren't they shutting down Robbie Anderson daily in practice you know he's the best WR in the AFC............

The trade makes perfect sense, I honestly don't understand all the sudden love for McDougle.

I'm not sure how much love there is for him. I think it's the lack of good players the Jets have at the position combined with the hilarity of...it's for another safety.

Archived