Schefter: McDougle Traded to Eagles for S Terrence Brooks

Lith

For some reason this move made it exceptionally clear that Macc is really not good at his job. He trades away from one of our positions of weakness a player that is cheap and with upside. Williams and Skrine have not shown much more than McDougle and they cost much more.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

For some reason this move made it exceptionally clear that Macc is really not good at his job. He trades away from one of our positions of weakness a player that is cheap and with upside. Williams and Skrine have not shown much more than McDougle and they cost much more.

Which is why no other team will trade for them. 

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

It probably would be better if all the SOJF's left for a few seasons and came back after the rebuild , it would make this a very peaceful place. 

This is almost exactly what the Puritan colonists said to the Native Americans right before handing them smallpox blankets

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

It probably would be better if all the SOJF's left for a few seasons and came back after the rebuild , it would make this a very peaceful place. 

54 years and counting lifelong fan some of us longer than others we have earned the right to bitch moan and complain the NY Jets are an imposter NFL franchise with possibly the worst roster in the NFL this 2017 season. 

I am not a Todd Bowles supporter but Mike Maccagnan has assembled a roster of scrubs that most players wouldn't be in the NFL if it weren't for the NY Jets. 

This isn't a rebuild this a moron GM not knowing what he's doing and its easier to call it a rebuild.  

Just now, joewilly12 said:

54 years and counting lifelong fan some of us longer than others we have earned the right to bitch moan and complain the NY Jets are an imposter NFL franchise with possibly the worst roster in the NFL this 2017 season. 

I am not a Todd Bowles supporter but Mike Maccagnan has assembled a roster of scrubs that most players wouldn't be in the NFL if it weren't for the NY Jets. 

This isn't a rebuild this a moron GM not knowing what he's doing and its easier to call it a rebuild.  

How long you'be been a fan is irrelevant , you're either a supporter of your team (definition of a fan) or your not.  People want to bitch and moan and whine about the worst this the worst that - there are teams that never won the SB . Enjoy the ride , root for the kids to develop and by all means stay away from the lamstream media. 

35 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I like McDougle. Now...to your above McDougle note

McDougle Yr 2: non-factor...Yr 4 after some experience, development Jets Nation anoints him Revis 2009.  Hack Yr 2...

Nobody anointed anything. The kid put work in and came in ready to prove himself. Yes please bash the fans for seeing an improvement in homegrown talent. Rare bright spot in training camp. Yeah the kids does off season work and comes to camp in shape ready to prove himself. People aren't anointing him, they just saw his improvement. In case you didn't notice 2009 Revis is no longer in the defensive backfield. 2017 Buster Skrine is. Let that sink in. 

My Hack dig was at Mac not Hack. Guy wouldn't know talent if if bit him on his balls. 

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

How long you'be been a fan is irrelevant , you're either a supporter of your team (definition of a fan) or your not.  People want to bitch and moan and whine about the worst this the worst that - there are teams that never won the SB . Enjoy the ride , root for the kids to develop and by all means stay away from the lamstream media. 

Im a lifelong diehard with an opinion just like you. I live my life on the NO EXCUSES attitude. The ride has been a long hard one and I don't see it getting it any better with this regime who obviously has no clue what they are doing. Our roster is like a revolving door we cut suck to bring in more suck, nothing improves it  only gets worse. 

This is the absolute low point in my long history as a Jets fan....they are so clueless in so many ways. They trade the most improved player and by all accounts their best slot corner, who consistently out played Skrine all thru training camp, for a JAG safety? There will be 10 Terrence Brooks available  when the teams cut down in a week. What message does this send to a young team? Work your butt off, play hard and you get traded for a bag of balls while the guy you out played is starting? And who is Brooks, a veteran to help mentor our two rookie safeties? Nope, he's a guy who got cut from the Ravens because he couldn't learn the defensive playbook! I imagine getting Brooks was a priority because both of our new safeties can't cover downfield as they are both "box" players and at least Brooks has the skills to play over the top. 

MAC and Bowles have no grasp of how to build a team. CB along with OL, QB and dominant pass rushers are the most valuable positions and we have NO TALENT at any of them! Our #1 pick last year and our first 2 picks this year are virtually the same player, while our OL stinks and we came out of the deepest CB draft in history without any of the top15 prospects. Just so bad....... 

1 minute ago, Mackman55 said:

This is the absolute low point in my long history as a Jets fan....they are so clueless in so many ways. They trade the most improved player and by all accounts their best slot corner, who consistently out played Skrine all thru training camp, for a JAG safety? There will be 10 Terrence Brooks available  when the teams cut down in a week. What message does this send to a young team? Work your butt off, play hard and you get traded for a bag of balls while the guy you out played is starting? And who is Brooks, a veteran to help mentor our two rookie safeties? Nope, he's a guy who got cut from the Ravens because he couldn't learn the defensive playbook! I imagine getting Brooks was a priority because both of our new safeties can't cover downfield as they are both "box" players and at least Brooks has the skills to play over the top. 

MAC and Bowles have no grasp of how to build a team. CB along with OL, QB and dominant pass rushers are the most valuable positions and we have NO TALENT at any of them! Our #1 pick last year and our first 2 picks this year are virtually the same player, while our OL stinks and we came out of the deepest CB draft in history without any of the top15 prospects. Just so bad....... 

Agree nice first post. Welcome. 

11 minutes ago, Mackman55 said:

Welcome, friend.

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Nobody anointed anything. The kid put work in and came in ready to prove himself. Yes please bash the fans for seeing an improvement in homegrown talent. Rare bright spot in training camp. Yeah the kids does off season work and comes to camp in shape ready to prove himself. People aren't anointing him, they just saw his improvement. In case you didn't notice 2009 Revis is no longer in the defensive backfield. 2017 Buster Skrine is. Let that sink in. 

My Hack dig was at Mac not Hack. Guy wouldn't know talent if if bit him on his balls. 

:Hackenberg looks putrid in his second season:

JetsFanGuy: He will no doubt improve and we will reap the rewards. Patience haters.

:McDougle actually improves:

JetsFanGuy: Clearly we had to move him it's a numbers game. You haters are dumb.

2 hours ago, Gangrene said:

I was not a fan of the pick originally but I was looking forward to finally seeing a healthy McDougle play in the regular season after his good camp. 

I expect this is part of our FO's genius master plan.

Right now I don't rate Macc as the Professor type with the 3 rosters he has puked out

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

:Hackenberg looks putrid in his second season:

JetsFanGuy: He will no doubt improve and we will reap the rewards. Patience haters.

:McDougle actually improves:

JetsFanGuy: Clearly we had to move him it's a numbers game. You haters are dumb.

Is this the part were I accuse them of secretly wishing McDougle gets hurt so they can be right? The order of idiocy escapes me. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

omg

Mac trades a promising up and coming corner that has finally shined and turned the corner for another safety after having spent the 1st 2 rounds picks on safeties.  I'm sorry but you cant make this sh*t up.  As the say, The truth is stranger than fiction. 

USATSI_7957284_158813650_lowres.jpg

There aren’t a lot of players left from the John Idzik era and that list just got even shorter. The NY Jets have announced that they have traded CB Dexter McDougle to the Philadelphia Eagles for safety Terrence Brooks. The move comes as a surprise as McDougle has had an excellent camp. He seemed to be pushing not only for a roster spot, but for playing time.

In three years in the league, Brooks racked up 32 tackles, four pass defenses, one interception and two forced fumbles in 34 games (no starts). The 5’10”, 200-pounder was originally selected by the Ravens in third-round of the 2014 Draft. In this year’s preseason, the Florida State product has tallied 11 tackles and two tackles for loss.

You can read more about this trade, and see fan reaction, in our NY Jets message board.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
u6Vpv2NKb_E

Click here to read the full story...

6 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Good job we're stacked at Corner..

Holy Mother of.. What the F*ck is happening here, this is a Sh*t show beyond Sh*t Show. It makes me crave Rex and Tanny back.

Rex, for all his insanity, at least valued corners... Bowles, a well respected defensive mind, seems very happy to field a team with sh*tty corners.

Archived