Schefter: McDougle Traded to Eagles for S Terrence Brooks

Lith

Just now, The Crusher said:

I'm not. I'm going to keep the kid we drafted who did the work to try and help this team win this year. He plays cornerback not d line. I don't think we are any better at  corner depth than safety depth. Safety more important than corner? 

So we're just going to ignore the fact that McDougal is a walking Mayo Clinic?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Safety depth verses corner depth . Those other 30 teams laughing in our faces. 

This is what I'm talking about re: arguing in good faith. You're choosing to ignore McDougals fragility.

Just now, Jet9 said:

So we're just going to ignore the fact that McDougal is a walking Mayo Clinic?

Or we can ignore the fact the kid worked his ass off to get stronger more durable and showed it on the field this year. On a team of inept, lazy players who have shown crap. 

Just now, Jet9 said:

This is what I'm talking about re: arguing in good faith. You're choosing to ignore McDougals fragility.

No I'm not. Not at all. I'm just recognizing that the kid did  work to get stronger and set an example by coming into camp in year four and balling out. You are  acting like we got Ed Reed for Dexter. Nobody knows what a healthy Dexter can do . You are 100% right we probably won't find out because logic says he gets injured. Yet the guy we got is a jag and will be a jag forever. So keep the homegrown kid and see what happens. This move does not make this team better. 

I like the kid. 

That's pretty widely known, which is why I wasn't even slightly surprised to see you unhappy with the move, and in that case it makes sense.

It's just comical others trying to paint this as a real difference maker, when never before have they come to the defense of a 4th year player who has done absolutely nothing in his entire NFL career.  Like I said to begin with, it's not that Macc deserves even the slightest bit of defense, but that doesn't change that the massive outcry about this is such a leaping load of bullsh*t.  So many are just desperate to grasp on to any thing imaginable to bitch about, even if it's something they normally would have felt meaningless, ultimately making it far too long of a list.  In the end, this is the same kid who spent half of last year on the PS and went untouched.  Macc of course deserves nothing positive for this move, but it's nearly meaningless.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

That's pretty widely known, which is why I wasn't even slightly surprised to see you unhappy with the move, and in that case it makes sense.

It's just comical others trying to paint this as a real difference maker, when never before have they come to the defense of a 4th year player who has done absolutely nothing in his entire NFL career.  Like I said to begin with, it's not that Macc deserves even the slightest bit of defense, but that doesn't change that the massive outcry about this is such a leaping load of bullsh*t.  So many are just desperate to grasp on to any thing imaginable to bitch about, even if it's something they normally would have felt meaningless, ultimately making it far too long of a list.  In the end, this is the same kid who spent half of last year on the PS and went untouched.  Macc of course deserves nothing positive for this move, but it's nearly meaningless.

I guess I feel a healthy Dexter has more upside than this jag we traded him for. plus I feel cornerback is a premium position. 

38 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'm pretty done with Macc, but I have no idea how anyone could give the tiniest flake of sh*t about a trading involving a couple of third stringers.

There's a long list of things Macc deserves hate for, but we've officially reached the point that he's so disdained that there's going to be massive outcry over ever single thing that happens, no matter how inconsequential.  Hardly anything new for Jets GMs or coaches, but is also the fuel for the always ridiculously arguments between groups of people who all despise the same person, but most battle over who has the right reason why.

Might as well add: early drafted QB

rinse, repeat. 

The jets must like guys like Roberts and Williams more.  Now I can see them making the deal because we have more cbs than Safeties but there are a few disturbing things about having to make such a deal.

-  Like others have detailed we live through some rough years with a player, keep him around and then as soon as he looks like he can help he gets dumped.

- The guy we got was cut by Baltimore if the team liked him that much he could have been picked up last year or when he was cut.

- Why are we so thin at S?  We drafted the two high end ones, we drafted two cbs late in the last draft.  we did not sign even one udfa S  (there were 36 udfa safeties signed by the rest of the league.

- Cut down is not far away and we can pick up probably a guy as good as the one we got then.

Reason to make the deal now may be sound but getting ourselves into the spot where a couple injuries to back us safeties force us to make the deal is bad.

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No I'm not. Not at all. I'm just recognizing that the kid did  work to get stronger and set an example by coming into camp in year four and balling out. You are  acting like we got Ed Reed for Dexter. Nobody knows what a healthy Dexter can do . You are 100% right we probably won't find out because logic says he gets injured. Yet the guy we got is a jag and will be a jag forever. So keep the homegrown kid and see what happens. This move does not make this team better. 

Agree to disagree. I like keeping homegrown guys too, but I will trade Devin Smith next year for a backup anything as well. Trying to keep emotion out of this. 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

middleton has a torn pec, forgot that

not a bad move, but we have positions with no starters that could be addressed like WR ?

if we want to entice the Jr QB's, we need some wepinz

need sum weapinz!!!!!! although technically wouldn't the QB be the weapon, the ball the ammo, and the receivers the targets? what's it matter we are unarmed.

We needed a AB so what does Mac do? He drafts two safeties with the first two picks. We have no corner depth, so what does Mac do? He trades away his corner for yet another no-name safety. Can't wait till we sack his pathetic ass. 

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Career 10 receptions 135 yards 1 TD we are already getting nothing from hm. 

Asset management. Can you get a conditional 7th? How about a trade for a guy who might (probably not) benefit from a change of scenery? You make that trade every single time. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Not when you trade away your 2nd best cb for a backup s

Watch the last preseason game again. McDoogie didn't look very good to me. I was disappointed. Had know idea where he was supposed to be and he doesn't play special teams.

The guy we got is a great ST player and that is what you want from back up DBs. We lost a good one when Middleton went down.

Special teams are kind of important and I'm glad Mac has finally realized that. 

Archived