How can anyone defend this regime?

jgb

32 minutes ago, C Mart said:

So is there a difference in Hack throwing a TD in 2 minutes vs Pettys 3 in 25 minutes. ?

You're wasting your time . One guy faced the Giants starting defense and the other didn't .  When they faced the same defense the results was the same .  Once upon a time, Brett Ratliff did the same thing Bryce Petty is doing and the Jets and their fans thought they had something. The Jet coaching staff gave Ratliff a shot with the starting offense in a game and he looked just like Hackenberg . 

If the Giant 2nd and 3rd string played at the same speed and with the same attention to detail as the starters, why on earth would the Giants have spent all that money to improve a last place defense ?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Petty wasn't a 2nd round pick.  Maybe next offseason we can sign Hoyer with the expectation that Hack can be a bottom 5 QB by the end of 2018?

It's going to be fun here if the Jets get the #1 next yr. poor guy doesn't stand a chance based on your grading scale. 

12 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

You're wasting your time . One guy faced the Giants starting defense and the other didn't .  When they faced the same defense the results was the same .  Once upon a time, Brett Ratliff did the same thing Bryce Petty is doing and the Jets and their fans thought they had something. The Jet coaching staff gave Ratliff a shot with the starting offense in a game and he looked just like Hackenberg . 

If the Giant 2nd and 3rd string played at the same speed and with the same attention to detail as the starters, why on earth would the Giants have spent all that money to improve a last place defense ?

Yeah and I have no problem if they want to start Petty week 1.

But people expecting to see Petty do what he did last night come regular season are going to be disappointed. 

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Yes, smart fans are "supposed" to buy into the tank, the complete rebuild, the search for The One.. problem is this current situation was CREATED by the regime in power. Horrendous drafting, legendary whiff on Hackenever, and going all-in on last season with Fitz. Fact is, if Macc has announced full rebuild upon joining, ok. But he made the moves that put us in a worse situation and now wants to sell us on his plan? I learned from following politics all my life--never trust the people who created the problems to fix the problems. Macc and Bowles are putrid, legendarily horrible. A rebuild starts with those two. /mic drop

The same base that lionizes Rex ******* Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum. Same jerkoffs who stared at the eclipse with no glasses on and got their vision back this morning.

11 minutes ago, C Mart said:

It's going to be fun here if the Jets get the #1 next yr. poor guy doesn't stand a chance based on your grading scale. 

I'm not sure what you mean?  As a second round pick, is it too much to ask for a QB that can at least look the part in his second year?   I know it's not his fault our FO is filled with idiots and took him at least 3 rounds too early.  But Prescott started immediately.  Kizer is starting immediately.  No one that has ever watched a football game before would have any problems picking the stat line of Hacks when compared to Watson, Mahomes, heck even Peyerman.

2 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Got it.....mac needs to be fired just for 1 pick only and that's taking hack on the 2nd round

Sent from my SM-G950U using JetNation.com mobile app

A little melodramatic -- but in and of itself, it's nearly enough. Why?.... cause it speaks to a level of ignorance (or arrogance) that can't be trusted. 

It's not like Hackenberg was an NCAA record crushing machine. Macc can't claim to have been bamboozled by his gaudy college tape like Bryce Petty in Baylor. He is exactly who he was in College. That's stupid you can't teach. 

5 hours ago, varjet said:

Woody is in a tough spot.  The current regime are the people Woody wants to hire and the people who work for Woody.  Some thing needs to change with Woody before anything else changes.  

I think Shell plays better.  He was up against JPP.   

The Hack pick is going cost Mac is job.  It was just indefensible.  He will be around a long time, but he needs a lot of development and experience.  

But even if the Jets were planning on drafting a QB in 2018, Petty is brittle and McCown is temporary.  They could have upgraded the QB position overall this year.  If the Jets lose the Peterman and the Bills, Mac should resign on the spot.  Instead of Peterman we have Dylan Donahue. 

As we saw before, just because a change is needed, you don't create the breakage unless it isn't an improvement   This ain't improving unless Woody hires someone who can tell him to keep his nose out of the team   

How did we overlook Peterman, the dude was the only guy to beat Clemson last year, as well as a Penn State team that made it to the Rose Bowl.  If nothing else put him in the mix.

And not only Peterman, what if Kizer, Watson, Trubiski, and Mahomes end up starting for their respective teams in their rookie year. 

Speaking of Penn State next year I take McSorely out of PSU in the 7th round.  Dude's a gamer, even if we have Darnold.  Reminds me of Russell Wilson. 

4 hours ago, BCJet said:

Um no, that isnt my point at all.

My point is that a 53 man roster can't be put together in 3 seasons, had Mac been left with ANYTHING, even one good player, that would have made an astronomical difference.

If one good player would have made an astronomical difference, how much of a difference would 4 make?

Enunwa

Richardson

Wilkerson

Powell

55 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I'm not sure what you mean?  As a second round pick, is it too much to ask for a QB that can at least look the part in his second year?   I know it's not his fault our FO is filled with idiots and took him at least 3 rounds too early.  But Prescott started immediately.  Kizer is starting immediately.  No one that has ever watched a football game before would have any problems picking the stat line of Hacks when compared to Watson, Mahomes, heck even Peyerman.

You can't compare Prescott who has the benefit of the best Oline in football and a teriffic RB in Elliot. Cle is in year X of their rebuild so they have some talent to surround their young QB with. The jets are starting basically at ground zero . 

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

You can't compare Prescott who has the benefit of the best Oline in football and a teriffic RB in Elliot. Cle is in year X of their rebuild so they have some talent to surround their young QB with. The jets are starting basically at ground zero . 

You're right.  But Prescott came into the league with great mechanics, confidence, and leadership.  He was able to immediately identify protections and function in an NFL huddle.  These things have no bearing on the players around you. These are just some of the issues that Hack is still having problems with in year two.

And unfortunately, we are not at ground zero yet.  I know it's difficult to really accept, but the Jets have not bottomed out.  I keep looking back at Mangini's team in 2006 but I just have a hard time thinking this team can pull off that kind of turn around?  The main culprits are QB, OL, and zero experience at WR.  In about four months, we will be bottomed out.  Of course, we will all be waiting at the edge of our seats for Danold's declaration.  While with or with out him, we still have a long road ahead.  But getting him raises the ceiling of the team long term.

4 minutes ago, Pcola said:

You're right.  But Prescott came into the league with great mechanics, confidence, and leadership.  He was able to immediately identify protections and function in an NFL huddle.  These things have no bearing on the players around you. These are just some of the issues that Hack is still having problems with in year two.

And unfortunately, we are not at ground zero yet.  I know it's difficult to really accept, but the Jets have not bottomed out.  I keep looking back at Mangini's team in 2006 but I just have a hard time thinking this team can pull off that kind of turn around?  The main culprits are QB, OL, and zero experience at WR.  In about four months, we will be bottomed out.  Of course, we will all be waiting at the edge of our seats for Danold's declaration.  While with or with out him, we still have a long road ahead.  But getting him raises the ceiling of the team long term.

I view this as the opposite, we are bottomed out now. In 4 months this Oline will be better than it is today, the wr's will have some real game experience and the young safeties will hopefully be able to show their true worth. This is why I'm not totally down on this season , it will suck we'll lose lots of games but Its a chance to see something built from the ground up . Then whatever we add on offense next season will push us at least another step forward. 

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

Who cares. I could call Leonard Williams terrible - does it matter? Macc took over a team with porous roster and a TON of $$$ thanks to Scrooge McIdzik.

Where are we 3 years later?

--blew our salary cap

--Roster is even MORE porous 

--The QB situation is somehow... yes somehow.. worse.

--Everyone sucks

GENERAL MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION:

--Manager your salary effectively

--Develop your team through the draft 

--make poignant and prudent decisions about veterans

--Have a good team. Win games.

What the Fck.  

That's the biggest indictment. People defend Macc saying he was left with a bare cupboard. Ok yes he was but he was also left with $90 million and a Costco membership. If the cupboard is still bare, it's because Macc bought 15 million Grande Starbucks Lattes.

33 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I view this as the opposite, we are bottomed out now. In 4 months this Oline will be better than it is today, the wr's will have some real game experience and the young safeties will hopefully be able to show their true worth. This is why I'm not totally down on this season , it will suck we'll lose lots of games but Its a chance to see something built from the ground up . Then whatever we add on offense next season will push us at least another step forward. 

If this happens, then despite the record, it will be a fun season to watch.   But with McCown and Petty being as fragile as they have been and Hack no where near ready, come January, a 2 - 14 record would be bottoming out.  

As far as our line is concerned, I think if we find a long term solution for one of the tackles or center position this season, I think we can call it a success.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

That's the biggest indictment. People defend Macc saying he was left with a bare cupboard. Ok yes he was but he was also left with $90 million and a Costco membership. If the cupboard is still bare, it's because Macc bought 15 million Grande Starbucks Lattes.

Agreed, even if the metaphors are a bit aggressive here, ha

2 hours ago, Pcola said:

It's funny you brought up Dak and Kizer.  Everyone knows that the Cowboys have had the best offensive line in the NFL for the past couple of years, but did you that PFF projects the Browns as having the 2nd best o-line in the league this year?  It's funny how that works out; rookie QBs looking better when protected, crazy concept.

13 minutes ago, legler82 said:

It's funny you brought up Dak and Kizer.  Everyone knows that the Cowboys have had the best offensive line in the NFL for the past couple of years, but did you that PFF projects the Browns as having the 2nd best o-line in the league this year?  It's funny how that works out; rookie QBs looking better when protected, crazy concept.

You are absolutely right.  But the issues of mechanics, foot placement, knowing how to read defenses presnap, setting protections, these all have nothing to do with the talent of your OL.  And these are things that Quality QBs do well, and Hack does very poorly.

I'm not advocating that KizermfromKizer was our solution because I thought he was well below the other QB prospects.  But for the matter of comparison, Hack was behind just about every QB drafted last year, and he is behind several that were drafted this yeR.  

This wouldn't be too major of a problem if Hack was the back up QB.  The problem is we have no viable starter and the FO needs him to be the guy now and not in 2-3 years.

6 minutes ago, Pcola said:

You are absolutely right.  But the issues of mechanics, foot placement, knowing how to read defenses presnap, setting protections, these all have nothing to do with the talent of your OL.  And these are things that Quality QBs do well, and Hack does very poorly.

I'm not advocating that KizermfromKizer was our solution because I thought he was well below the other QB prospects.  But for the matter of comparison, Hack was behind just about every QB drafted last year, and he is behind several that were drafted this yeR.  

This wouldn't be too major of a problem if Hack was the back up QB.  The problem is we have no viable starter and the FO needs him to be the guy now and not in 2-3 years.

The FO doesn't need him to be the guy , the fans want the FO to want him to be the guy. Again its a rebuild the record this year is irrelevant. The suck for Sam crowd might disagree , they want 0-16 , but a few wins are not going to be damaging. If the Jets truly want  a QB next year, there will be viable choices within reach. 

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Yes, smart fans are "supposed" to buy into the tank, the complete rebuild, the search for The One.. problem is this current situation was CREATED by the regime in power. Horrendous drafting, legendary whiff on Hackenever, and going all-in on last season with Fitz. Fact is, if Macc has announced full rebuild upon joining, ok. But he made the moves that put us in a worse situation and now wants to sell us on his plan? I learned from following politics all my life--never trust the people who created the problems to fix the problems. Macc and Bowles are putrid, legendarily horrible. A rebuild starts with those two. /mic drop

Yeah, right now Hack looks like a bust, however not a 1st round pick and only 22. If he were cut tomorrow he wouldn't be out of a job for too long, someone would sign him.. Most of MAC's draft picks are decent to good, contributing, and getting better not regressing. You like Robbie Anderson? Jenkins? Leo? Petty  and Burris seems to be getting better not worse. Everyone seems to think Maye is a bonified NFL starter and Adams was considered the best player in the draft.  Overall, Mac  is not as bad as many fans think.

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

Yeah, right now Hack looks like a bust, however not a 1st round pick and only 22. If he were cut tomorrow he wouldn't be out of a job for too long, someone would sign him.. Most of MAC's draft picks are decent to good, contributing, and getting better not regressing. You like Robbie Anderson? Jenkins? Leo? Petty  and Burris seems to be getting better not worse. Everyone seems to think Maye is a bonified NFL starter and Adams was considered the best player in the draft.  Overall, Mac  is not as bad as many fans think.

I agree with this. I don't love all his moves but he's hit a reasonable rate. He inherited a disaster, tried to win with it while rebuilding. Did ok year one. It fell apart year two and instead of doubling down he has opted to gut the vets and build with the kids. There appears to be talent on defense, wr. They're clearly tanking to go after a QB in next years draft unless Petty or hack miraculously figure it out.

2 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Can't judge this years picks. Williams was a no-brainer pick so the best praise I can give is Macc didn't overthink it. Robbie Anderson wasn't a draft pick. Petty is a JAG career backup. Neither a win nor a loss. Honestly don't know anything about Jenkins. 

13 hours ago, Pcola said:

All of the other GMs at least have a plan at the QB position this year that doesn't include starting a player that would rank below every back up in the league.

How one can downgrade from the Idzik QB years is actually pretty impressive. I thought we were at rock bottom but Macc found a way to crash down through that into the boiling mass of magma underneath.

Mac should be fired for drafting hackenberg in the 2nd round. It is that simple.

Kizer looked like dog sh*t vs the ones preseason game 3

At the point you can't defend this regime

It seemed like Mac had the right instinct to hold off on Mo and Fitz, then caved as the season was starting, probably after watching Hack in practice - now they are in a tailspin making panic moves until they hit the ground (very close now) but it will take a while to rebuild this mess

Archived