Join me in supporting Bryce Petty

joewilly12

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Larz said:

This fan base has such an odd obsession with back up QBs

Just sad

Well when you eat boiled month-old cabbage every night who could blame us for taking a chance on the can of Mystery Meat?

10 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Number 1 is basically all that matters, who was the last #1?

That we drafted? Pennington. Sanchez could have been with better offense coaches early in his career. At one point you could say he was mechanically sound and even clutch. Tanny built a team with a 2 year window and after it started to crack and Sanchez couldn't take the next step and make the players around him better, then he got into a downward spiral

37 minutes ago, Larz said:

That we drafted? Pennington. Sanchez could have been with better offense coaches early in his career. At one point you could say he was mechanically sound and even clutch. Tanny built a team with a 2 year window and after it started to crack and Sanchez couldn't take the next step and make the players around him better, then he got into a downward spiral

A number one to me is at the very least, and for the most part, taking you to the playoffs  almost year in and year out and eventually getting you in and hopefully winning the SB of course there are some exceptions. Sanchez had very good O players in front of and around him the D was the weaker phase at that point relatively speaking. 

I'm in. Petty proved it. With limited reps and limited playing time, he played very well with whatever his situation is. You can't just ignore that. I wanted to Hack but he's just not ready, not even close. And well...Mccown serves no purpose in starting now. 

14 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

A number one to me is at the very least, and for the most part, taking you to the playoffs  almost year in and year out and eventually getting you in and hopefully winning the SB of course there are some exceptions. Sanchez had very good O players in front of and around him the D was the weaker phase at that point relatively speaking. 

that's like 6 out of 64 NFL QB's

53 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I don't enjoy fighting with a MOD.  But while a case for what you say could be made...  the eyeball test says the two aren't even close. 

Petty is a tough kid, clearly improving, and deserves a chance to run this offense way before Hack.  This Hack rationalization is bordering on the absurd.

I agree, Petty looked far more fluid and confident in the pocket than Hack; I would say that Petty is better right now than Hack.

And by saying this, I'm not knocking Hack because I wanted Hack picked by the Jets from the beginning but right now IMO Petty is better prepared to play in a game than Hack is.

30 minutes ago, Larz said:

I hear you..

I was considered a Sanchez "apologist" by many but my point was clear, which had NOTHING to do with Sanchez, that is, no team goes to the playoffs consistently with a horrible running game, terrible OL and weak WRs; in fact no team gets to a conference championship with those weaknesses IMO.  The idea that a QB will uplift CFL talent is a MYTH!!!

I am still waiting for someone to provide me the team, the real life example, in the last 60 years that has won either a Championship, or NFL title, with no decent offensive skill positions players and a poor OL. The short answer to that query; is NEVER.  It has never happened, period. 

The fact is that winning teams (Championship teams) are supposed to have good OL, WRs and RBs etc; teams that make it to the big dance with such weaknesses don't exist and we shouldn't think that the Jets are going to be the ones to break that nonnegotiable theorem.

2 hours ago, slats said:

Hackenberg looked no worse than Petty on that last TD drive against the same level of competition that Petty has played all preseason. 

If Petty had started against the giants number 1 defense and succeeded in be all aboard the Petty train but he destroyed to the same guys hack picked up to end the game. 

Personally, I want Petty or mccown to start game one so everyone sees what happens to any QB forced to play with this offense 

29 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I hear you..

I was considered a Sanchez "apologist" by many but my point was clear, which had NOTHING to do with Sanchez, that is, no team goes to the playoffs consistently with a horrible running game, terrible OL and weak WRs; in fact no team gets to a conference championship with those weaknesses IMO.  The idea that a QB will uplift CFL talent is a MYTH!!!

I am still waiting for someone to provide me the team, the real life example, in the last 60 years that has won either a Championship, or NFL title, with no decent offensive skill positions players and a poor OL. The short answer to that query; is NEVER.  It has never happened, period. 

The fact is that winning teams (Championship teams) are supposed to have good OL, WRs and RBs etc; teams that make it to the big dance with such weaknesses don't exist and we shouldn't think that the Jets are going to be the ones to break that nonnegotiable theorem.

tanny's rosters were always top heavy with little depth. we were very luck on the o-line for years that nobody got hurt. Once Edwards and LT moved on, they had nuttin

I think the leaks about the red light green light thing hurt as well. Don't know if that was pettine, but it was bizarre

Sanchez had his issues, but you have to wonder with good coaching if he could have been like a rivers type QB

2 hours ago, slats said:

Hackenberg looked no worse than Petty on that last TD drive against the same level of competition that Petty has played all preseason. 

The difference is he stiil didn't go through his progressions... watch the film again.  At least Petty has command... hot so with Hack. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

This fan base has such an odd obsession with back up QBs

Just sad

NO the GM, and HC have an obsession with back up QB's over the past 2 years they have handed out 18 million to 2 backup QB's, and drafted a backup QB, and another QB who hasn't looked ready to even be a backup QB.  This fan base has an obsession with wanting a franchise QB say maybe a chance at one in the 2018 draft since they passed on one this year in the draft for ******* Safety.

The Jets current roster consists of 2 backup QB's, and QB not ready to dress on Sundays who are we supposed to root for nobody?  Gotta root for someone under center for the Jets it's in a Jets fan DNA.

Also I get the feeling the GUYS in the Jets locker room like Petty, and want him as the QB over Hack, Richardson's quote early in camp said a lot to me when he answered a question about Petty, and Hack, his praise towards Petty seemed like it was because he thinks Petty is a guy he is willing to go to war with, while Hack hasn't seemed to get that favor with the guys in the locker room just yet.

14 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Also I get the feeling the GUYS in the Jets locker room like Petty, and want him as the QB over Hack, Richardson's quote early in camp said a lot to me when he answered a question about Petty, and Hack, his praise towards Petty seemed like it was because he thinks Petty is a guy he is willing to go to war with, while Hack hasn't seemed to get that favor with the guys in the locker room just yet.

Winner, winner chicken dinner!!!

32 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

ive been a petty fan all along loved him at baylor. not saying hes going to  be a franchise qb, but hes a gunslinger. way rather see him play over hack and mccown

agree completely...

I'm on board. His success was against backups, but he looked more poised in the pocket than Hack did and has a bit more in game experience. He's the type that wont look as sharp in practice but can give you surprising returns in live action.

I think a bit of hand holding as to what his read should be on any given play will help him out to a point.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

This kid deserves support he is the only decent QB on the roster.   

Hoping Todd Bowles names him the starting QB. 

Image result for bryce petty pics

I would suspect that is what he is planning to do, which is why he played in the 3rd preseason game so much. Of course, the state of his injury may have an impact.

4 hours ago, slats said:

that's the part that's a little overlooked.  hack was playing against the giants starters whereas petty was playing against guys on the bubble.  give hack the same degree of protection and he'll do well.  i'm ok with either petty or hack getting the starting job.  keep mccown firmly planted on the bench.

4 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

I would suspect that is what he is planning to do, which is why he played in the 3rd preseason game so much. Of course, the state of his injury may have an impact.

according to the ny post it's a sprain not a tear.  but they still plan on playing him next week.  are they kidding?  do they want a tear?

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

that's the part that's a little overlooked.  hack was playing against the giants starters whereas petty was playing against guys on the bubble.  give hack the same degree of protection and he'll do well.  i'm ok with either petty or hack getting the starting job.  keep mccown firmly planted on the bench.

They play didnt count, but Hack's second play after Petty got hurt he got sacked and fumbled. He cant set protections.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

according to the ny post it's a sprain not a tear.  but they still plan on playing him next week.  are they kidding?  do they want a tear?

Yes they do.

THEY WANT TO TEAR OUR HEARTS OPEN AGAIN AND AGAIN!

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I'd guess 2 series max to start the game and get him some reps with the 1s under fire.  Then park him and let McCown finish the first half and Hack the 2nd.  

Having said that who knows what stupid crap game plan Bowles will come up with.  Either his hand is completely forced by ownership or Macc, or he's just completely over his head as a HC.  I actually hope it's the latter so the next HC has a chance to be successful.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

They play didnt count, but Hack's second play after Petty got hurt he got sacked and fumbled. He cant set protections.

He has clearly been vicimized by shell and beachum.  We have a jag center now. 

Hack needs to be better, but the players around him have been brutal as well

I think McCown gets the starter nod for that very reason

Just now, nycdan said:

I'd guess 2 series max to start the game and get him some reps with the 1s under fire.  Then park him and let McCown finish the first half and Hack the 2nd.  

Having said that who knows what stupid crap game plan Bowles will come up with.  Either his hand is completely forced by ownership or Macc, or he's just completely over his head as a HC.  I actually hope it's the latter so the next HC has a chance to be successful.

The starters haven't played a rep in the eagles game in 10 years

Just now, Larz said:

The starters haven't played a rep in the eagles game in 10 years

Good point.  But this isn't a normal year.  The decision-making has been bizarre, if not downright imbecilic, when viewed from the outside.  Nothing they do would surprise me in that game.  

4 hours ago, slats said:

Lol, really? Hack hasn't played a snap against the "same level of competition" yet (i.e. An NFL snap). 

Archived