Grade 1 MCL sprain for petty

Barkus

1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

I don't why they let a player with a knee injury bounce and move around right after they take a hit like that last night.

Because they don't care about Bryce. Hack absolutely has to be listed as #2 no matter how Petty plays to save jobs. That's how it works.

49 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

That is fantastic news!   Kudos to that Doc that is quite successful diagnosing injuries from instant replay.

Insert Petty into starting lineup as soon as he is ready, and kick Hack to the curb.

I am sure Petty will chew up veteran NFL secondaries

14 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I am sure Petty will chew up veteran NFL secondaries

Not what I am thinking at all. Snide comment from someone who clearly doesnt have a grasp on my thought process.  People just read one post an infer only from a literal sense without taking into account my countless other posts about Petty.  The Jets offense is terrible.  But I believe Petty has some value.  I think he could become a long-term NFL backup to whomever they draft next Spring.  A valuable commodity.  I want to see him play.  McCown is a waste of time, and Hack is a waste of a roster spot. 

Many JNers love to use a term I hate. "Developing."  Well, if those fans want to see what the young receivers are capable of, Petty is the guy to help them improve.  Hack will only discourage them because he is utterly atrocious.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Not what I am thinking at all. Snide comment from someone who clearly doesnt have a grasp on my thought process.  People just read one post an infer only from a literal sense without taking into account my countless other posts about Petty.  The Jets offense is terrible.  But I believe Petty has some value.  I think he could become a long-term NFL backup to whomever they draft next Spring.  A valuable commodity.  I want to see him play.  McCown is a waste of time, and Hack is a waste of a roster spot. 

Many JNers love to use a term I hate. "Developing."  Well, if those fans want to see what the young receivers are capable of, Petty is the guy to help them improve.  Hack will only discourage them because he is atrocious.

Start Hackenberg and either win the lottery (highly, highly unlikely) or watch the disaster envelop and destroy Macc and Bowles so we can get a true fresh start with Harbaugh and the top pick.

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Mac drafted Petty also.  As a matter of fact he moved up a few slots to get him.

This.  Why are they force feeding Hack? Obviously they made a humiliating mistake drafting Hack at all... much less with a 2nd.

But finding a quality career backup in the 4th is not a bad result.   If Petty can become a Matt Moore type, it is a success. Who knows? Maybe he has a Matt Hasselbeck type ceiling?   Who

39 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Many JNers love to use a term I hate. "Developing."  Well, if those fans want to see what the young receivers are capable of, Petty is the guy to help them improve.  Hack will only discourage them because he is utterly atrocious.

Okay.  I am going to read your "countless other posts."  Bye.

12 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This.  Why are they force feeding Hack? Obviously they made a humiliating mistake drafting Hack at all... much less with a 2nd.

But finding a quality career backup in the 4th is not a bad result.   If Petty can become a Matt Moore type, it is a success. Who knows? Maybe he has a Matt Hasselbeck type ceiling?   Who

Personally I would have loved seeing Petty get some snaps against the Giants 1st team defense last night.   I want to filed the best team regardless of draft selection.  

That is very good news, we runners get these types of sprains all the time. A bit of ice, a week to two weeks off,and he'll be perfect. Ask for Hackenberg well, if the NFL had a minor league system, he'd be sent down. Yesterday's display and the one before that proves that he's simply not ready. Now I'm not saying that he can't ever make it, I'm no quarterback Guru, I'm just saying that he's simply not ready...it's clear to see.

What's clear to me  after watching the last 2 games is that our #1 offense isn't good enough to compete with any team's #1 defense at this point in time. When you take a step back and look at the makeup of this offense,  we have an incoherent   offensive line, and a stable of unproven receivers.  Let's just face it,  that's a tough task for any quarterback to come in and take the helm and lead to Victory. And add insult to injury, we have an unproven offense of coordinator to boot . Maybe it will progress to become a reasonably good offense during the season. But we are far away from that reality at this point.

it now seems like the road map looks as follows: McCown will start, and will be lead to the slaughter for the first four games or so. He too will be lucky to make it without being on the injured reserve list. after that I hope that Bryce gets a chance to start just see what he's made of. Lastly Hackenberg will be given a chance to start the last four or five games. Regardless, we must all be prepared to accept the reality that many games will be over by the first quarter. I just hope that they play with pride. 

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

McCown starts, petty is backup.  Cut hack and sign some scrub like ponder.

I'd like to remind you that for most of the last year everyone had written Petty off, now a majority want him to start.  Hackenberg is still just 22 years old, has alot to learn, but does have some skills.   I'm hoping next year we have to choose between, Petty, Darnold, Hackenberg and perhaps a vet.  Low man get's cut. 

1 minute ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I'd like to remind you that for most of the last year everyone had written Petty off, now a majority want him to start.  Hackenberg is still just 22 years old, has alot to learn, but does have some skills.   I'm hoping next year we have to choose between, Petty, Darnold, Hackenberg and perhaps a vet.  Low man get's cut. 

Ummm... not everyone wrote off Petty.

42 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

As for Hackenberg well, if the NFL had a minor league system, he'd be sent down. Yesterday's display and the one before that proves that he's simply not ready. Now I'm not saying that he can't ever make it, I'm no quarterback Guru, I'm just saying that he's simply not ready...it's clear to see.

What's clear to me  after watching the last 2 games is that our #1 offense isn't good enough to compete with any team's #1 defense at this point in time. When you take a step back and look at the makeup of this offense,  we have an incoherent   offensive line, and a stable of unproven receivers.  Let's just face it,  that's a tough task for any quarterback to come in and take the helm and lead to Victory. And add insult to injury, we have an unproven offense of coordinator to boot . Maybe it will progress to become a reasonably good offense during the season. But we are far away from that reality at this point.

Good sensible post.

Archived